Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Hey!

Today I've tried for many times, but I couldn't enter to my IRCC account via my GCKey user ID and password to see the timeline of application. I linked my account few months ago and everything was just fine until today! Instead I was conveyed each time to a simple page where I only could change my password, email address or revoke my GCkey.
I would be glad if you know what's the reason behind or let me know if you have the same issue for entering.

Warmest thanks
I had the same issue, “it says something went wrong” and that either the server is down or the website is undergoing maintenance so I wouldn’t worry about it!

What’s your timeline so far, when did you apply and receive AOR etc? :)

Reactions: Sam_v

Sam_v

Jun 1, 2023
I had the same issue, “it says something went wrong” and that either the server is down or the website is undergoing maintenance so I wouldn’t worry about it!

What’s your timeline so far, when did you apply and receive AOR etc? :)
Many thanks dear Taylah for letting me know of this.
My application is in process state now. I applied in 2020, received AOR in this March, and had my biometrics almost two months ago.

Reactions: Taylah

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hi

I am reporting new updates from our group again:

applicant from 2021/04 received AOR days ago
one painter from 2020/08 received ppr yesterday
one graphic designer from 2020/06 received ppr today

I will keep updating if this helps. Please let me know, hang in here our time will come.
Are these again from Hong Kong? It seems they are processing them, but no other countries in this thread reporting PPR.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I really want to update my personal statement. Since I applied, my career has become far more substantial and attractive to the application process. Is this possible?

And if I do it, will it delay anything or reset timers?

Or should I just wait to be asked for more info? I'd hate to be rejected based on my career 3 years ago!

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Hello everyone

My application was rejected yesterday. The rejection letter quote this reason below:

‘You have not provided a business plan which explores the area of Canada in which you plan to settle. You have not explained how your goal of being a ‘insert my NOC here’ would make a significant contribution to the Canadian economy.

i find above reason to be lazy and very vague as I provided an extensive business plan when I submitted my application. With enough port folio and online presence everywhere on how I’ve been doing the same business for over half a decade and how I plan to continue in Canada

please I need your advice. Do you think I should appeal. And how do I go about it?

• Sad
Reactions: Delilah1

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello everyone

My application was rejected yesterday. The rejection letter quote this reason below:

‘You have not provided a business plan which explores the area of Canada in which you plan to settle. You have not explained how your goal of being a ‘insert my NOC here’ would make a significant contribution to the Canadian economy.

i find above reason to be lazy and very vague as I provided an extensive business plan when I submitted my application. With enough port folio and online presence everywhere on how I’ve been doing the same business for over half a decade and how I plan to continue in Canada

please I need your advice. Do you think I should appeal. And how do I go about it?
Sorry to hear. What’s your timeline ?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone

Sorry about that….what’s your timeline, NOC, and which country are you applying from?

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Hello everyone

So sorry to hear that! Do you mind sharing your timeline and at which stage of the process you were at when you received the rejection? Had you already completed your medical and did they give you the opportunity to provide additional documents to support your case?

I think if you believe the reasons in the rejection to be untrue and/or they didn’t give you the opportunity to provide additional documents/support for your case then maybe it would be worth appealing?

Best of luck!

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
I really want to update my personal statement. Since I applied, my career has become far more substantial and attractive to the application process. Is this possible?

And if I do it, will it delay anything or reset timers?

Or should I just wait to be asked for more info? I'd hate to be rejected based on my career 3 years ago!
A lot has changed for me as well since I applied. I have almost 2 years additional experience gained from within Canada and now hold a Canadian Post secondary qualification specific to my business. My prior degrees were unrelated to my current career path. I haven’t updated anything from my initial application and when I clicked on the option to provide additional information there’s no option to provide it unless it has been requested.

I considered sending a webform with my college transcripts but for now I’m waiting to see if they request additional information.

So as far as I know you could probably submit it via a webform or maybe inquire that way? I don’t think it would reset your timeline.

Last edited:

fasoola7321

Star Member
Oct 24, 2018
So sorry to hear that! Do you mind sharing your timeline and at which stage of the process you were at when you received the rejection? Had you already completed your medical and did they give you the opportunity to provide additional documents to support your case?

I think if you believe the reasons in the rejection to be untrue and/or they didn’t give you the opportunity to provide additional documents/support for your case then maybe it would be worth appealing?

Best of luck!
I would appeal and have an immigration attorney represent you

Reactions: a.abhiman

Iji_fm

Oct 17, 2021
Hi

I am reporting new updates from our group again:

applicant from 2021/04 received AOR days ago
one painter from 2020/08 received ppr yesterday
one graphic designer from 2020/06 received ppr today

I will keep updating if this helps. Please let me know, hang in here our time will come.
Which group is this please? Can you share a link?

Iji_fm

Oct 17, 2021
Hello everyone

So sorry to hear this. Would you mind sharing a bit about the content of your business plan and where you indicated you intended to stay in Canada?