Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
Has anyone who received AOR earlier this year (Jan/Feb/Mar) and hasn’t had any updates since sent a webform?

It’s only been 3.5 weeks for me but there’s a note on my profile saying to send a webform if I’m not seeing any updates and even my biometrics haven’t been updated after I submitted them. My application also just says “submitted” and not even “in process”.

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Has anyone who received AOR earlier this year (Jan/Feb/Mar) and hasn’t had any updates since sent a webform?

It’s only been 3.5 weeks for me but there’s a note on my profile saying to send a webform if I’m not seeing any updates and even my biometrics haven’t been updated after I submitted them. My application also just says “submitted” and not even “in process”.
That's an auto text that shows up on all accounts at 100% estimated time , I think.

Reactions: Taylah

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020

No. I know it says you can send a Webform but the last time I did that, it took them 2-3 months to get back to me. Not worth it. I haven’t heard anything since biometrics were sent in on April 3. I thought it would be faster once they opened the application. I guess not.

Reactions: Bndckg and Taylah

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I know someone who applied in 2019. he told me they asked him for an interview a year after biometrics. anyways they increased the processing time yesterday becoming 50 months. we must keep calm since we have nothing to do but wait

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
No. I know it says you can send a Webform but the last time I did that, it took them 2-3 months to get back to me. Not worth it. I haven’t heard anything since biometrics were sent in on April 3. I thought it would be faster once they opened the application. I guess not.
Ah good to know! I was going to send one but definitely not worth it if it’s going to take them that long to respond. Yeah I had hoped things would start to move along faster now as well, it’s getting pretty frustrating at this point :(

Taylah

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Canada
App. Filed.......
24-12-2020
AOR Received.
12-05-2023
I know someone who applied in 2019. he told me they asked him for an interview a year after biometrics. anyways they increased the processing time yesterday becoming 50 months. we must keep calm since we have nothing to do but wait
Unbelievable! Just when I thought things were starting to speed up. I guess all we can do is wait and hope it’s all worth it in the end!

Reactions: cheetos13s

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Unbelievable! Just when I thought things were starting to speed up. I guess all we can do is wait and hope it’s all worth it in the end!
this could also be that older applications were waiting an already long time,then pandemic delay, has meant they have an extremely long wait of 50 months but those from 2020 at start of pandemic will be less. I think it’s important to look at time between permanent app number and approval. Which seems to be about 9 months.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
this could also be that older applications were waiting an already long time,then pandemic delay, has meant they have an extremely long wait of 50 months but those from 2020 at start of pandemic will be less. I think it’s important to look at time between permanent app number and approval. Which seems to be about 9 months.
exactly

remember the law suit around the same time last year? 105 Iranian refused cases were ordered to reopen for reconsideration. most of the 105 applications were from 2016,2017,2018. And I believe that the finalization of these ancient cases is the only logical reason for such a sudden jump of 5 month processing time within one week time.

Reactions: marina_marina

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
Most folks on this forum, from what I've read, had biometrics requested. I think it's just required for the Canadian govt to have your fingerprints and photo on file before you enter the country. So maybe they have it from somewhere else...not sure. But the biometrics are not for background check. According to the site you posted, I don't need to give biometrics either. But they DID request them, so we did them. No idea....maybe it's luck of the draw, LOL.
The require biometrics so in case anything happen or you commit a crime there is a record of your fingerprints and photo on the system available which would help them identify who you are, that was wat I was told in 2018 when I had to do biometrics for visitor's visa for Canada

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
The require biometrics so in case anything happen or you commit a crime there is a record of your fingerprints and photo on the system available which would help them identify who you are, that was wat I was told in 2018 when I had to do biometrics for visitor's visa for Canada
Exactly...as I said :)

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
I called IRCC today from within Canada and they said our case still says "prospective", which is so frustrating because the last email from them was in January 2021 saying they'd received our application from December 2020, and that's it. Nada after that. And the agent also said that the processing time for our stream has increased to 50 months. She said that applicants in this stream are so few compared to the other streams that I was the first person who applied to it that she encountered. She did say if it was too long a wait, that there's no limit to the number of applications we can lodge in other pathways. And that when we get approved through another stream, we can request for a refund with our FSE application. She emailed me a refund request form just so I have an idea how to go about it, if ever.

My family and I can't keep waiting for ages. It's going to be our first anniversary here in Canada next month and we're still not PR (I am on a PGWP, husband on OWP, kids on study permits). I'm looking at the Foreign Worker stream via OINP.

Last edited: