Self-Employed Application 2020

hoverboard

May 4, 2020
Update from my side:

Submitted: 2020/10/19
Received AOR: 2021/01/15
Received Biometrics request: 2023/03/23
Submitted Biometrics: 2023/03/27

So does this mean that my application is only *starting* processing now? It's not clear from the correspondence.
Also, I can't seem to get access to the online portal with the information provided by CIC.

All the best

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Update from my side:

Submitted: 2020/10/19
Received AOR: 2021/01/15
Received Biometrics request: 2023/03/23
Submitted Biometrics: 2023/03/27

So does this mean that my application is only *starting* processing now? It's not clear from the correspondence.
Also, I can't seem to get access to the online portal with the information provided by CIC.

All the best
Yes but the 43 month 'countdown' started for you on 19th October 2020. And you need to link your paper application to your online account. Someone posted instructions a couple of messages back.

hoverboard

May 4, 2020
Thanks so much! I thought I'd done that but will have another look.

So about another year to go, hopefully.

I actually submitted an application way back in 2007, for FSW, and they just threw out all applications to clear the backlog 4/5 years later. This is my second rodeo. Holding thumbs.

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Russia is sanctioned and it probably affects visa process.
Canada doesn't have visa sanctions against all Russians, just for a few people. Moreover, Russian who have got permanent residence in other countries, like Portugal already have got their AOR, so I think it is connected with the office. Some of them are just busier. For instance, offices in Warsaw and Ankara

hoverboard

May 4, 2020
Yes but the 43 month 'countdown' started for you on 19th October 2020. And you need to link your paper application to your online account. Someone posted instructions a couple of messages back.
PS - I managed to link it.

FYI for other people trying - I had tried this before and had no joy.
There are 4/5 different verification options. It didn't work with any of them except for the one that was "PASSPORT + UCI".
So if it doesn't work, try them all!

Also, I checked my application. It says 100% complete, estimation completion was last month.
Also says, "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process."

Thanks again!

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
PS - I managed to link it.

FYI for other people trying - I had tried this before and had no joy.
There are 4/5 different verification options. It didn't work with any of them except for the one that was "PASSPORT + UCI".
So if it doesn't work, try them all!

Also, I checked my application. It says 100% complete, estimation completion was last month.
Also says, "Your application is taking us longer than usual to process."

Thanks again!
Our application also says 100% complete with an April 3 completion date. And a note saying it’s taking longer than usual.

And now this:https://moving2canada.com/news-and-features/news/immigration/ircc-strike/

• Sad
Reactions: a.abhiman

MicheleHave

Jan 20, 2022
Good day.
our Application AOR starts with an E and then the nr.... we spoke to an agent and he told me that this is for Express Entry if the nr starts with an E. my question here is does your AOR nrs also start with an E or not.
Can we then also apply for a normal Express entry also, as my thought was that this is a PR application and not an express entry

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Good day.
our Application AOR starts with an E and then the nr.... we spoke to an agent and he told me that this is for Express Entry if the nr starts with an E. my question here is does your AOR nrs also start with an E or not.
Can we then also apply for a normal Express entry also, as my thought was that this is a PR application and not an express entry
Application numbers usually have 1 letter and 9 numbers. For example:
  • Citizenship: C123456789
  • Work permit: W993830598
  • Economic class: E099977028
Self employed persons class belongs to federal business stream which is part of economic class, So SE file number should start with E.

EE is part of economic class as well, so EE profile starts with E, and if invited to apply, the subsequent PR applicantion number should also start with an E, if not the same with the profile number.

Last edited:

MicheleHave

Jan 20, 2022
Application numbers usually have 1 letter and 9 numbers. For example:
  • Citizenship: C123456789
  • Work permit: W993830598
  • Economic class: E099977028
Self employed persons class belongs to federal business stream which is part of economic class, So SE file number should start with E.

EE is part of economic class as well, so EE profile starts with E, and if invited to apply, for subsequent PR applicant number should also start with an E, if not the same with the profile number.
thank you so much. this helps alot to understand the Nr system. have a lovely day/night

Goodlucker

Sep 2, 2020
I got the AOR on 1/7 and I was able to put the application on my link.
(The number of "Family Members" when posting the link seems to include the applicant himself. I failed several times without knowing that.)

On the "Documents submitted by the client" page, there is a description requesting the submission of IMM5476, and I uploaded IMM5476 to dismiss the agent, but when I returned to the list page, it said "Uploaded - not submitted". When I press the "NEXT" button and sign, it seems to be "Submit", but the "NEXT" button does not appear no matter what I do.
(I tried it on Mac, Windows, Chrome, Safari, Edge, FireFox or Vivaldi, etc..)

I got my biometrics on 1/17 and a few days later my spouse and I were reflected on the Application Stats page.

We changed our address and had more children after applying in June 2020, so we tried to upload documents with updated information on the "Documents submitted by the client" page.
But as I mentioned earlier, I could not see the "NEXT button", so I sent the documents including the cover letter from the IRCC web form.
Also, on January 25th, I submitted the "Report a problem or mistake on this page" form that I can't find the NEXT button and can't submit the file.

On February 7th, I received a reply from an IRCC agent, saying that our application form is in the Manila office in the Philippines, so it would be better to communicate directly with that office, so I sent the updated file to the Manila office from the IRCC web form, but there is no response include automatic reply email.

On February 21st, I received a reply from IRCC regarding the problem with the web page, but it said, "Press the NEXT button and you'll be fine!" So I reported a problem with the web page again.

I asked ChatGPT for the contact information of the IRCC Manila office and sent them an email directly with the updated information on March 18.
Then I received an automatic reply email this time, but nothing has changed since then.

I feel that the examination has not progressed because IMM5476 with the “require mark” on my account site has not been resolved, but I can't do anything because I can't find the NEXT button….

If anyone knows a solution about the “NEXT button”, please let me know.
Thank you.

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
I got the AOR on 1/7 and I was able to put the application on my link.
(The number of "Family Members" when posting the link seems to include the applicant himself. I failed several times without knowing that.)

On the "Documents submitted by the client" page, there is a description requesting the submission of IMM5476, and I uploaded IMM5476 to dismiss the agent, but when I returned to the list page, it said "Uploaded - not submitted". When I press the "NEXT" button and sign, it seems to be "Submit", but the "NEXT" button does not appear no matter what I do.
(I tried it on Mac, Windows, Chrome, Safari, Edge, FireFox or Vivaldi, etc..)

I got my biometrics on 1/17 and a few days later my spouse and I were reflected on the Application Stats page.

We changed our address and had more children after applying in June 2020, so we tried to upload documents with updated information on the "Documents submitted by the client" page.
But as I mentioned earlier, I could not see the "NEXT button", so I sent the documents including the cover letter from the IRCC web form.
Also, on January 25th, I submitted the "Report a problem or mistake on this page" form that I can't find the NEXT button and can't submit the file.

On February 7th, I received a reply from an IRCC agent, saying that our application form is in the Manila office in the Philippines, so it would be better to communicate directly with that office, so I sent the updated file to the Manila office from the IRCC web form, but there is no response include automatic reply email.

On February 21st, I received a reply from IRCC regarding the problem with the web page, but it said, "Press the NEXT button and you'll be fine!" So I reported a problem with the web page again.

I asked ChatGPT for the contact information of the IRCC Manila office and sent them an email directly with the updated information on March 18.
Then I received an automatic reply email this time, but nothing has changed since then.

I feel that the examination has not progressed because IMM5476 with the “require mark” on my account site has not been resolved, but I can't do anything because I can't find the NEXT button….

If anyone knows a solution about the “NEXT button”, please let me know.
Thank you.

You don't need to send that form if you are applying by yourself.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=019&top=4

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Dear Ansionuk
I have linked my application on March 28th and I am currently waiting for the next steps
But in about two weeks, I plan to go to Canada and probably apply for an Open Work Permit inside Canada
May I ask you does this action have a negative effect on my PR application or not?
tnx

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Ansionuk
I have linked my application on March 28th and I am currently waiting for the next steps
But in about two weeks, I plan to go to Canada and probably apply for an Open Work Permit inside Canada
May I ask you does this action have a negative effect on my PR application or not?
tnx
How are you eligible for an Open Work Permit. Assume you have a spouse studying or working in Canada.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Dear Ansionuk
tnx
Hi, generally speaking, this will not affect your self employed persons pr application, as long as you notify ircc about the changes of contact info.

however, there are some potential issues that might rise based on the process of your application and what you will be doing in Canada.
1. ircc might request for more proof for self employment, if the documents you submitted weren't enough to prove two one year experience. as long as that is covered, it wouldn't be a problem.
2. what you will do in Canada under an open work permit is also related to your self employment plan you submitted with your application. as long as that goes with the plan, it wouldn't be a problem too.

this is what i can think of for now. hope this helps

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
Hi, generally speaking, this will not affect your self employed persons pr application, as long as you notify ircc about the changes of contact info.

however, there are some potential issues that might rise based on the process of your application and what you will be doing in Canada.
1. ircc might request for more proof for self employment, if the documents you submitted weren't enough to prove two one year experience. as long as that is covered, it wouldn't be a problem.
2. what you will do in Canada under an open work permit is also related to your self employment plan you submitted with your application. as long as that goes with the plan, it wouldn't be a problem too.

this is what i can think of for now. hope this helps