+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
For those of you with a Biometrics request, did both you and your partner get one? They requested my husband and I both send medical and the FBI Clearance, but I'm the only one that got a Biometrics request.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
For those of you with a Biometrics request, did both you and your partner get one? They requested my husband and I both send medical and the FBI Clearance, but I'm the only one that got a Biometrics request.
They sent a request for each of us so we have 2 appointments next week. We have a printout for each of us.

On the application info online, does it show you as the main applicant and does it show your husband as the secondary? Did he have biometrics done previously for any reason? Has he lived or worked in Canada before? Pretty sure they require fingerprints and photos to get a PR.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
AOR got on 16 Jan 2021, but still not yet processed my case ( no response, not permanent application number )
the one with temp FN is called an AR, which means little regarding processing.
AOR is the one with actual permanent FN, this marks the start of the processing of your application.
IRCC sends out AOR in the order of date applications received in their office, since applications received in November 2020 have received their AOR, you should be concerned if you haven't received your AOR, as you should get yours before them.

Florence_DHK

Feb 2, 2021
They sent a request for each of us so we have 2 appointments next week. We have a printout for each of us.

On the application info online, does it show you as the main applicant and does it show your husband as the secondary? Did he have biometrics done previously for any reason? Has he lived or worked in Canada before? Pretty sure they require fingerprints and photos to get a PR.
Yes, my husband is the primary applicant, but we got biometric request for both of us

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
AOR is the one with actual permanent FN, this marks the start of the processing of your application.
IRCC sends out AOR in the order of date applications received in their office, since applications received in November 2020 have received their AOR, you should be concerned if you haven't received your AOR, as you should get yours before them.
My documents were received in July 2020, and I still didn't get my AOR, only temporarily. It really depends on the country from which you applying. Some offices are really busy and you have to wait for AOR longer

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
My documents were received in July 2020, and I still didn't get my AOR, only temporarily. It really depends on the country from which you applying. Some offices are really busy and you have to wait for AOR longer
All applications are lined up in the CIO(central intake office) before completeness check. so it is a global queue.
After Completeness check, CIO will send out AOR to applicant with complete application and transfer the file to each relevant office according to applicant's primary address. Processing speed differs from this point on. Have a read about the intake process on the following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/procedures-centralized-intake-office-paper-based-non-applications.html

You should send a webform if you haven't received your AOR.

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
All applications are lined up in the CIO(central intake office) before completeness check. so it is a global queue.
After Completeness check, CIO will send out AOR to applicant with complete application and transfer the file to each relevant office according to applicant's primary address. Processing speed differs from this point on. Have a read about the intake process on the following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/procedures-centralized-intake-office-paper-based-non-applications.html

I do not know a single person from Russia who sent documents in 2020 and has already received an AOR. I don't think this is some kind of discrimination, most likely it is due to the workload of the Warsaw office.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021

Do you know how long it takes after AOR to decision on average?

HongkongerLI

Jul 12, 2022
thanks for your clarification, just keep waiting or withdraw by email.