+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
All applications are lined up in the CIO(central intake office) before completeness check. so it is a global queue.
After Completeness check, CIO will send out AOR to applicant with complete application and transfer the file to each relevant office according to applicant's primary address. Processing speed differs from this point on. Have a read about the intake process on the following link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/procedures-centralized-intake-office-paper-based-non-applications.html

You should send a webform if you haven't received your AOR.
Do you know how long it takes after AOR to decision on average?

Reactions: Homay7

mickeymi

Mar 4, 2020
Hi All,

Local VO just sent me a request letter asking for an updated IMM 5669(background declaration) and IMM 5406 (additional family info), which I had submitted in 2020.

It has come to my attention that IRCC has new forms as opposed to the ones I submitted in early 2020. For instance, The IMM 5669 I originally submitted was the 06-2019 version while the newest one is version 05-2021 version. Sames goes to IMM 5406.

Therefore, does anyone knows that should I use the older version (previously submitted) or the newest one?

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Hi All,

Local VO just sent me a request letter asking for an updated IMM 5669(background declaration) and IMM 5406 (additional family info), which I had submitted in 2020.

It has come to my attention that IRCC has new forms as opposed to the ones I submitted in early 2020. For instance, The IMM 5669 I originally submitted was the 06-2019 version while the newest one is version 05-2021 version. Sames goes to IMM 5406.

Therefore, does anyone knows that should I use the older version (previously submitted) or the newest one?
I would suggest to use updated version..

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
Has anyone reached 0 days remaining on their estimated timeline? If so, how many days passed that are you?
I do not have a countdown on mine, my processing show 100% with estimated completion dat 27 December 2022, but have only received AOR on 4 January, since we linked we have not received any communication.

Reactions: Homay7

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
They sent a request for each of us so we have 2 appointments next week. We have a printout for each of us.

On the application info online, does it show you as the main applicant and does it show your husband as the secondary? Did he have biometrics done previously for any reason? Has he lived or worked in Canada before? Pretty sure they require fingerprints and photos to get a PR.
My husband is the primary applicant. We both got a request for fingerprints/FBI background, as well as medical, but I'm the only one who got a request for Biometrics. He hasn't lived or worked there before, and he hasn't had them done previously. Thought it was strange that I was the only one to get the bio request.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
My husband is the primary applicant. We both got a request for fingerprints/FBI background, as well as medical, but I'm the only one who got a request for Biometrics. He hasn't lived or worked there before, and he hasn't had them done previously. Thought it was strange that I was the only one to get the bio request.
The fingerprints/FBI check should have been part of your application....unless it had expired and they asked you for it again. Hope they don't ask for ours again! I'm pretty sure biometrics will NEED to be done for anyone entering Canada. You might want to check on that (has he had fingerprinting done in the US for anything else?)

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
The fingerprints/FBI check should have been part of your application....unless it had expired and they asked you for it again. Hope they don't ask for ours again! I'm pretty sure biometrics will NEED to be done for anyone entering Canada. You might want to check on that (has he had fingerprinting done in the US for anything else?)
We both submitted fingerprints/FBI check was part of our original application back in March 2020, but they've requested them again. My guess it has expired and they want new ones. We've also worked abroad in the past (before we applied) and I hold dual citizenship with the UK, so maybe that has something to do with them asking for my biometrics and not my husband? I'm not sure who to follow up with. We haven't had much luck finding a direct line for questions. Ironically, I found this link on the IRCC website and it appears most people don't need to give biometrics. Based on the info I put in, neither of us should, but I did get a request, so I'm obviously going to. Makes me feel a little better though about my husband not receiving one. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
We both submitted fingerprints/FBI check was part of our original application back in March 2020, but they've requested them again. My guess it has expired and they want new ones. We've also worked abroad in the past (before we applied) and I hold dual citizenship with the UK, so maybe that has something to do with them asking for my biometrics and not my husband? I'm not sure who to follow up with. We haven't had much luck finding a direct line for questions. Ironically, I found this link on the IRCC website and it appears most people don't need to give biometrics. Based on the info I put in, neither of us should, but I did get a request, so I'm obviously going to. Makes me feel a little better though about my husband not receiving one. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Most folks on this forum, from what I've read, had biometrics requested. I think it's just required for the Canadian govt to have your fingerprints and photo on file before you enter the country. So maybe they have it from somewhere else...not sure. But the biometrics are not for background check. According to the site you posted, I don't need to give biometrics either. But they DID request them, so we did them. No idea....maybe it's luck of the draw, LOL.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
I wonder if they only requested it because we had already paid for it when we sent the application in??? I know there was an option to pay for it once the application was opened but they claimed it would make everything take longer so we just paid for it with the application. Maybe they wouldn't have requested it had we not paid for it. No idea.

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
My documents were received in July 2020, and I still didn't get my AOR, only temporarily. It really depends on the country from which you applying. Some offices are really busy and you have to wait for AOR longer
We also applied in July 2020 and have received our AOR on 4 January.