+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
What is pre service arrival?
It's services and resources to help with resettlement. Employment leads, information on life in Canada, and help finding housing. My application still says "processing" but it seems like we may be in the next level of the process!

eanne06

Jan 10, 2020
UPDATE:
2023-03-23: Request for Biometrics, Medical, and FBI Background/Fingerprints. We submitted the FBI background check with our original application, but I'm guessing it expired in the 3 years since we submitted. Important note: All of these things must submitted within 30 days![/QUOTE]

2020-03-27: Files sent to CIO in Sydney NS
2020-04-14: Files delivered and signed for at CIO, Sydeny NS
2022-12-01 : Email received from IRCC. Application Number & UCI linked to GC Online Account. Request for Biometrics Fee. Timeline estimate listed as September 2022 with a note saying our application is taking longer to process than usual.
2022-12-02: Biometrics fee paid
2023-03-12: Invitation to Pre-Service Arrival

Last edited:
Reactions: cheetos13s

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Great news - I have got my permanent number today. See my signature for dates.

It says 15 days remaining in my processing. Is this really correct? Anyone else got experience with the timeline it shows you versus reality?

My biometrics are linked up already from my work permit which came through yesterday coincidentally. I applied via IEC in the meantime.

Reactions: tanyaviola

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Great news - I have got my permanent number today. See my signature for dates.

It says 15 days remaining in my processing. Is this really correct? Anyone else got experience with the timeline it shows you versus reality?
Awesome!!! Mine also had a countdown like that and I’m at about 3 days left. I’d ignore that. We don’t even do our biometrics until next week! Also says 99% complete.
And even though the timeline says they don’t need biometrics but will let us know if that changes….they sent a request for biometrics the day they opened the application.

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Awesome!!! Mine also had a countdown like that and I’m at about 3 days left. I’d ignore that. We don’t even do our biometrics until next week! Also says 99% complete.
And even though the timeline says they don’t need biometrics but will let us know if that changes….they sent a request for biometrics the day they opened the application.
Is it counting down each day?

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I want to update my application to better show career progression. Is that advised now it's linked online? Is it even possible?