+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Did you have a profit in EE pool as well? what job did you put there as employment history? I had a look at your previous posts and you were asking NOC for senior product manager. When dealing with IRCC with multiple applications, you really need to be extra cautious. don't provide contradictory information on different applications.

Although being solely self employed is not required, you do need to proof you are self employed for at least two one years. IRCC consider 30 hours a week as full time employment, if you claimed a full-time job in your EE profile, you would need to prove that you work another 30 hours a week continuously as self-employed for two single one years, which means during these two years time, you are working two jobs with 60 hour per week. And bear in mind that your hard work would also be reflected in your earnings as well. I believe IRCC would expect to see more money coming into your account during these times. otherwise it wouldn't be reasonable.

I would suggest you do a recalculation of your experience and revisit your self employment plan, if everything is fine. go ahead with the appeal or even sue them.

just my thought though. hope this helps
How do you sue the government? Through what channels? What is the difference between judicial review and suing?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You do it the normal way, as any other lawsuit. You can hire a lawyer or DIY (represent your self)
Can you post successful cases through federal courts for those who applied through immigration and who sued the government? Would be interesting for all to know the success rates?. Thanks!

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Can you post successful cases through federal courts for those who applied through immigration and who sued the government? Would be interesting for all to know the success rates?. Thanks!
I doubt there will be anyone tracks all the cases. you can just google IRCC lawsuits, there are tons.

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Did you have a profile in EE pool? what job did you put there as employment history? I had a look at your previous posts and you were asking NOC for senior product manager. When dealing with IRCC with multiple applications, you really need to be extra cautious. don't provide contradictory information on different applications.

Although being solely self employed is not required, you do need to proof you are self employed for at least two one years. IRCC consider 30 hours a week as full time employment, if you claimed a full-time job in your EE profile, you would need to prove that you work another 30 hours a week continuously as self-employed for two single one years, which means during these two years time, you are working two jobs with 60 hour per week. And bear in mind that your hard work would also be reflected in your earnings as well. I believe IRCC would expect to see more money coming into your account during these times. otherwise it wouldn't be reasonable.

I would suggest you do a recalculation of your experience and revisit your self employment plan, if everything is fine. go ahead with the appeal or even sue them.

just my thought though. hope this helps
Self employed is for my wife business not me. I dint wanna waste time on them anymore. One core reason is the wording which is used before and after application process. I should have started 5 years back and should have two year’s experience. We didnt start 5 years back but have three year’s experience.

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Self employed is for my wife business not me. I dint wanna waste time on them anymore. One core reason is the wording which is used before and after application process. I should have started 5 years back and should have two year’s experience. We didnt start 5 years back but have three year’s experience.
Sorry, My Bad! Shouldn't have assumed.

the 2 years experience should be within the period starting from 5 years before your submission date and ends on the day they make a decision.

Reactions: vj171081

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Don't worry too much. As long as you pass the experience test, all further rejections need to go through some process and they need to as least give you 1-2 chances to provide additional documents to clear their doubt. for the significant contribution part, I believe before any rejections IRCC is required to sent you a procedural fairness letter or ask you for an interview, which would be the last chance for you, to prove you meet the requirement.

However, if you are really worried, sent them whatever you want once you get your AOR and immediately after submitting biometrics. you will have plenty of time and chances to do this.

BY THE WAY, which month did you send your application and have you got your AOR yet?
Agree! A friend of mine submitted their application in 2016 and IRCC sent them a procedural fairness letter requesting for additional documents to substantiate their declared work experience. Immigration found their info and docs insufficient to establish that they had relevant experience to support the occupation in which they intended they intended to be self-employed in Canada.

So don't worry. And I also don't advise using the web form to offer additional information on your work experience. That is not what the web form is for, and they might flag you for that. If need anything more from you, they will let you know.

By the way, my friend and her family were approved for PR soon after they submitted the additional documents, and they flew to Canada in 2018.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
So sorry to hear about your refusal. It seems your relevant work experience was insufficient. If you've gained more experience since the time of your application, maybe you can reapply now. But I wouldn't recommend that because processing time for FSE has now increased to 43 months.

I suggest you take a look at the student pathway, which I took. I got tired of waiting and applied as a student. We flew here July last year and I'm now done with the coursework for my one-year program. I just need to do internship to graduate in June. I did inform IRCC when I was applying as a student that my family and I have a pending PR application from 2020.

Reactions: vj171081

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
So sorry to hear about your refusal. It seems your relevant work experience was insufficient. If you've gained more experience since the time of your application, maybe you can reapply now. But I wouldn't recommend that because processing time for FSE has now increased to 43 months.

I suggest you take a look at the student pathway, which I took. I got tired of waiting and applied as a student. We flew here July last year and I'm now done with the coursework for my one-year program. I just need to do internship to graduate in June. I did inform IRCC when I was applying as a student that my family and I have a pending PR application from 2020.
Hi thanks for ur suggestion. Even then the points wont be sufficient. If you take student pathway eventually you need to apply for Express entry is that right? Points will never be sufficient :(

@mamasvoice or anyone else let me know if my assumption is correct?

Florence_DHK

Feb 2, 2021
We have received AOR on Jan 24 2023 and request for biometric on February 24,2023.

Any idea what happens next? Will they require further documents?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020