+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
- Application received in Sydney: 26/07/2020
- Temporary AOR received: 15/01/2021
- Permanent AOR, UCI received: 04/01/2023

On our application it show that our application is 100% completed and that the estimated completion date is 27 December 2022, but have not received any further requests or information.
Cool! I will msg your my WeChat ℹ pls do join me into the group
How can i join the WeChat group?

yinlei

May 10, 2022

On our application it show that our application is 100% completed and that the estimated completion date is 27 December 2022, but have not received any further requests or information.

You can have conversations with @Ansionuk he is the administrator of this group. But according to your timeline , you basically have finished the whole process!congrats! Don’t worry

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

PM me your WeChat id.

Just ignore the estimated completion date, it's useless and might be updated later on. have you received BIL for biometrics collection?

ManIshu

Jan 17, 2022
Got my permanent number last week and linked it yesterday. My biometrics is already pulled from old submissions of visit. I see application is complete 97% and only 20 days remaining for processing time. What does that mean?
Congrats! finally, there is good news! when did you apply? please share your timeline.

Reactions: tanyaviola

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi, all dates are in my signature.

On my dashboard they have pulled my biometrics from an earlier visit, no medical needed, no interview needed, no biometrics needed. All of this is under about your application on dsahboard. I moved from Canada back to India in 2020 and my passport is renewed after that. All these details were sent to them earlier. I also received a confirmation mail from them that it is added. I hope they have done all that. :) fingers crossed.

@Ansionuk thanks for your reply earlier.

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Got a refusal letter saying that we have not provided sufficient evidence to be self employed in Canada and our two year experience did not begin 5 years before the time of the application. So basically you need to start 5 years before or something not sure.

Our business is what we wanted to take to Canada and it will allow us to be self-sufficient in serving the NA region.

Any idea
- If I can appeal through the web form?
- What is the timeline I can appeal in?

Mostly I don't want to pursue this further but just want to know this so I am aware.

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
Got a refusal letter saying that we have not provided sufficient evidence to be self employed in Canada and our two year experience did not begin 5 years before the time of the application. So basically you need to start 5 years before or something not sure.

Our business is what we wanted to take to Canada and it will allow us to be self-sufficient in serving the NA region.

Any idea

Mostly I don't want to pursue this further but just want to know this so I am aware.
sorry to hear that, which visa office sent to you this letter and did your spouse received biometric letter

hareshkharwa

Feb 17, 2023
Definitions
Relevant experience
for a self-employed person means at least two years of experience.

It must be during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application.

Means if you applied in September 2020. Your experience should be between (during) September 2015 to September 2020. It can be of 2,3, or 5 years.

JTH

Jan 23, 2023
PM me your WeChat id.

Just ignore the estimated completion date, it's useless and might be updated later on. have you received BIL for biometrics collection?
We did biometrics in 2018 and they have accepted that, was a allowance that was granted during Covid.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Any idea

What NOC? IRCC doesn’t believe you provided enough documentation to prove you can live being self employed. So what documentation did you show? How much income did you think you would make each year. How much are you making now? Assume you are still self employed and don’t work for any employer.

Usually once a file is reused it is closed. This is not something that is appealed through a webform. No appeal, but may be able to file a judicial review and it doesn’t mean overturning. A judge will look at whether the official followed proper laws and procedure in the decision. If a judge agrees it goes back to IRCC to review, and decision can still be a refusal.

Get a Canadian immigration lawyer.

Reactions: vj171081

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Mine was oct 2017 to oct 2020 that is 3 years of experience but not starting from 2015
Did you have a profile in EE pool? what job did you put there as employment history? I had a look at your previous posts and you were asking NOC for senior product manager. When dealing with IRCC with multiple applications, you really need to be extra cautious. don't provide contradictory information on different applications.

Although being solely self employed is not required, you do need to proof you are self employed for at least two one years. IRCC consider 30 hours a week as full time employment, if you claimed a full-time job in your EE profile, you would need to prove that you work another 30 hours a week continuously as self-employed for two single one years, which means during these two years time, you are working two jobs with 60 hour per week. And bear in mind that your hard work would also be reflected in your earnings as well. I believe IRCC would expect to see more money coming into your account during these times. otherwise it wouldn't be reasonable.

I would suggest you do a recalculation of your experience and revisit your self employment plan, if everything is fine. go ahead with the appeal or even sue them.

just my thought though. hope this helps

Last edited: