+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

Homay7

Star Member
Nov 12, 2020
I read an article the other day that a Canadian federal court ruled that more than 100 Iranians were illegally denied this program. There was such a story: the Iranians were initially considered in Ankara, and then their cases were transferred to the Warsaw office. Refusals began to arrive from Poland due to the fact that they considered the business plans not sufficiently developed. The court ruled that since there are no requirements for a business plan in the terms of the program, the refusals were unlawful. So, if someone on this forum is from Iran, then congratulations.
Thank you, what an interesting news. May I ask where you read this article?

ManIshu

Jan 17, 2022
Any updates on the processing of applications sent in 2020? I have sent mine in october and I only got a temporary application number in January 2021.
I haven't heard anything since then...
Di you get your permanent AOR number. As I applied in aug 2021. Plz reply. If yes, please share your timeline..thank you.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Any updates on the processing of applications sent in 2020? I have sent mine in october and I only got a temporary application number in January 2021.
I haven't heard anything since then...
Hi, all. I just got a bunch of emails from IRCC 5 days ago. They were 3 separate emails, to be exact. They seemed to have been in response to my request for GCMS notes last December. I received said GCMS notes in June of this year and did not expect anything more for a long time, because what I concluded from it was our application was still not in progress, meaning they hadn't opened the darn brown envelope with our thick stack of papers yet. And the GCMS notes said ours was a "prospective application", whatever that meant.

So I was surprised when I got the 3 emails last week. Each email had an attachment, and they were all scanned images of the each of the papers that we had submitted for our FSE app. So I assume that they had, of course, already opened the envelope and checked everything for completeness. This is what each of the emails said:

IRCC ATIP file A-2021-XXXXX
Inbox
ATIP Mail Out / Poste AIPRP (IRCC) <IRCC.ATIPMailOut-PosteAIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Sep 27, 2022, 1:11 PM (5 days ago)
to me
Dear XXXXX XXXXX:
This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on December 7, 2021, for the following records:
the application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXX, XXXXX.
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part
Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 19(1) personal information
You received the following amount of pages (if applicable): 143
Further information about the Access to Information Act can be found at the following web page:
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/
Please note that when submitting a new request, although not mandatory, if possible it would be appreciated by our office if you could provide the consent of your spouse to release his or her personal information to you from the electronic notes. This would increase the amount of information you would receive in your file.
To be valid, a consent must contain the printed name and signature of your spouse, be recently dated, and identify you as the designated individual.
You can find the ATIP consent form at the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/form-imm5744.asp
Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the InformationCommissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Sincerely,
ATIP Officer
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
PLEASE QUOTE OUR FILE NUMBER IN ANY FOLLOWING CORRESPONDENCE
IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist
This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.

------

I have not received a permanent UCI yet, but expect this to happen soon. Then, I got a phone call yesterday from IRCC. It was a voice recording that said, "You have not replied to the correspondence that we have sent you", which is so weird. None of the said emails ever asked me to reply to them. After the call was concluded, I called them back. Unfortunately, it was Sept. 30 and a federal holiday here in Canada, so all government offices and their call centers were closed, and I was unable to speak with a live agent. I will call them again on Monday.

Another thing, when I was in the middle of the call that I made to IRCC, I keyed in my temporary application number and removed the "X" preceding it. And it worked! The recording said afterwards that my application was received last December 2020. You see, about three weeks prior, I also called IRCC and tried accessing my account by inputting the application number without the X, but it didn't work. The recording merely stated, "We cannot find your application". Remember, I only received the emails 5 days ago, so my guess is after I received the emails they had also updated my records. Hopefully, the update was made to reflect that they had finally started processing our application. *fingers crossed*

Will update on Monday when I call them again. Don't give up. There is hope yet!

Last edited:

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Hi All, need advise, i got temporary application no. and UCI in 01-16-2021. After that no response from IIRC, Opened 3 web forms and email to abu dhabhi visa office of pakistan but only auto reply comes up, we are working. if we need anything we will contact you further and waiting till today 10-02-2022

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
Hi, all. I just got a bunch of emails from IRCC 5 days ago. They were 3 separate emails, to be exact. They seemed to have been in response to my request for GCMS notes last December. I received said GCMS notes in June of this year and did not expect anything more for a long time, because what I concluded from it was our application was still not in progress, meaning they hadn't opened the darn brown envelope with our thick stack of papers yet. And the GCMS notes said ours was a "prospective application", whatever that meant.

So I was surprised when I got the 3 emails last week. Each email had an attachment, and they were all scanned images of the each of the papers that we had submitted for our FSE app. So I assume that they had, of course, already opened the envelope and checked everything for completeness. This is what each of the emails said:

Inbox
to me
Dear XXXXX XXXXX:
This is further to your request under the Access to Information Act, which was received on December 7, 2021, for the following records:
the application, supporting documents and correspondences sent to and/or from IRCC for the permanent residence file concerning XXXXX, XXXXX.
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:
Further information about the Access to Information Act can be found at the following web page:
Please note that when submitting a new request, although not mandatory, if possible it would be appreciated by our office if you could provide the consent of your spouse to release his or her personal information to you from the electronic notes. This would increase the amount of information you would receive in your file.
To be valid, a consent must contain the printed name and signature of your spouse, be recently dated, and identify you as the designated individual.
Please be advised that you are entitled to submit a complaint regarding the processing of your request to the InformationCommissioner within sixty days of the receipt of this notice. The complaint form can be retrieved at: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email at IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.
Sincerely,
ATIP Officer
IRCC adheres to the “10 Principles for Assisting Applicants,” which are listed on the following website: www.cic.gc.ca/dutytoassist
This message is intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. It contains privileged and confidential information which is not to be disclosed without the sender's express consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or an authorized representative thereof, please notify the sender by email and then destroy this message as well as all other existing copies.

------

I have not received a permanent UCI yet, but expect this to happen soon. Then, I got a phone call yesterday from IRCC. It was a voice recording that said, "You have not replied to the correspondence that we have sent you", which is so weird. None of the said emails ever asked me to reply to them. After the call was concluded, I called them back. Unfortunately, it was Sept. 30 and a federal holiday here in Canada, so all government offices and their call centers were closed, and I was unable to speak with a live agent. I will call them again on Monday.

Another thing, when I was in the middle of the call that I made to IRCC, I keyed in my temporary application number and removed the "X" preceding it. And it worked! The recording said afterwards that my application was received last December 2020. You see, about three weeks prior, I also called IRCC and tried accessing my account by inputting the application number without the X, but it didn't work. The recording merely stated, "We cannot find your application". Remember, I only received the emails 5 days ago, so my guess is after I received the emails they had also updated my records. Hopefully, the update was made to reflect that they had finally started processing our application. *fingers crossed*

This is encouraging! Seems they are focusing on digitalizing all paper applications now. Hope this can be done in November and afterwards there will be online app only. We will see mass AORs coming.

Reactions: mamasvoice

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
This is encouraging! Seems they are focusing on digitalizing all paper applications now. Hope this can be done in November and afterwards there will be online app only. We will see mass AORs coming.
That's true. Seeing as they scanned all my papers does seem like they are going digital. Oh, I do hope we all get our AORs soon!

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

Inbox
to me
Dear XXXXX XXXXX:
Sincerely,
ATIP Officer

------

Can you link your application to your GCKEY account? using names and date of birth?

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Can a legally registered Canadian company work outside cansds and pay tax? Will the period working outside canada be recognised in case of PR holder towards getting citizenship?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
did you call them back on monday?
I did several times but I was always in a queue and would keep getting "Our agent is busy" etc., then the call would automatically hang up. It was pointless. I just noticed this in the emails they sent:

So I emailed them instead and asked about my application status. It's been seven days and I've only gotten an auto-generated response right after I sent the email.

It's a waiting game again.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Can you link your application to your GCKEY account? using names and date of birth?
Not yet. I kept trying after I got the emails and the call but I still can't link my paper application credentials to my GCKEY account. The last time I tried was last week, and I still couldn't link it.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
I did several times but I was always in a queue and would keep getting "Our agent is busy" etc., then the call would automatically hang up. It was pointless. I just noticed this in the emails they sent:

So I emailed them instead and asked about my application status. It's been seven days and I've only gotten an auto-generated response right after I sent the email.

It's a waiting game again.
They will surely respond. It takes up to 4 weeks.

Reactions: mamasvoice