+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

ilika

Aug 1, 2022
Hello. We had applied through EE in December 2019 but the pandemic ruined everything for us and we lost precious time, money and our test results also expired. We have finally applied through the federal self employed stream under NOC 5131- Film Director, application submitted on May 12th 2022 via the new online portal. My husband has extensive self-employed experience and his application is promising but the status still shows as submitted, no response from IRCC till date. I'm reading about most people not having received AOR ever since March 2020.

Has anybody applied through the online portal and gotten a file number?
Has anyone applied from Mumbai or other places in India?
Any encouraging news for us?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hello. We had applied through EE in December 2019 but the pandemic ruined everything for us and we lost precious time, money and our test results also expired. We have finally applied through the federal self employed stream under NOC 5131- Film Director, application submitted on May 12th 2022 via the new online portal. My husband has extensive self-employed experience and his application is promising but the status still shows as submitted, no response from IRCC till date. I'm reading about most people not having received AOR ever since March 2020.

You should post in the 2022 forum since they’ll be in the same boat as you. I applied in November of 2020 (paper application)…a temporary AOR in Jan 2021 and nothing since.

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020

Hello Ilika
I've also applied online. It's been 9 months. I've not received any reply or AOR number except an automated email reply. We have to have some patience.
I wanted to know how did you send your transcripts (education) since they are sealed in an envelope.?

ilika

Aug 1, 2022
Hi Abhiman, thanks for replying. Which country have you applied from?

Do you know anyone who has received AOR after March 2020? I just fear IRCC might decide to not continue this pathway and if we don't have a file number then I think they don't have any obligation to process the application right?

Anyway, to answer your question, we had ECA done while making our EE profile and for self employed pathway we have submitted (scanned images) notarised true copies of all our educational docs for the degrees that got recognised. So no transcripts, just degrees, marksheets and convocation certificates.

a.abhiman

Oct 27, 2020
Hi Abhiman, thanks for replying. Which country have you applied from?

Do you know anyone who has received AOR after March 2020? I just fear IRCC might decide to not continue this pathway and if we don't have a file number then I think they don't have any obligation to process the application right?

Anyway, to answer your question, we had ECA done while making our EE profile and for self employed pathway we have submitted (scanned images) notarised true copies of all our educational docs for the degrees that got recognised. So no transcripts, just degrees, marksheets and convocation certificates.
Hi
Thank you for replying back. They would not cancel this pathway since they have just revised the fees for this pathway. It was CA$2075.00 before and now it's CA$2120.00 this year.
So this is the evidence.

Reactions: ilika

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022

I applied in July 2020 and still don't have permanent AOR. Same NOC 5131- Film Director.

Reactions: ilika

Hemeda

Aug 8, 2022
Yes, we are all the same. We have been completely forgotten.
I think they still can't process applications normally but I noticed that some people have received permanent file numbers knowing that their file submission dates are after July Is there an explanation for this?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
I think they still can't process applications normally but I noticed that some people have received permanent file numbers knowing that their file submission dates are after July Is there an explanation for this?
honestly, I have no clue

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
I read an article the other day that a Canadian federal court ruled that more than 100 Iranians were illegally denied this program. There was such a story: the Iranians were initially considered in Ankara, and then their cases were transferred to the Warsaw office. Refusals began to arrive from Poland due to the fact that they considered the business plans not sufficiently developed. The court ruled that since there are no requirements for a business plan in the terms of the program, the refusals were unlawful. So, if someone on this forum is from Iran, then congratulations.

Reactions: Homay7

canadawill

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
I'm getting more and more desperate here. It makes me think my application is lost. The other issue is, my career is so much further on since I applied and now I want to amend the whole application. Any advice, can I do this?

Applied Sep '2021. Temp AOR Jan '21. Nothing since.

The only possible silver lining is that processing time is now 41 months, which I believe is down from 43?