+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2020

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
It seems like they're not very serious about this stream. What email did you use? We were thinking of emailing but if it's a dead end, maybe not. I thought that we could withdraw our application (before actual processing) and get some sort of refund. Anyone know how to do that? Has anyone done it? We don't have 5 years to sit around and wait :(
I can refund your money until they start processing your application. You can find information about it on official website

Jacohave

Aug 27, 2020
Their is a difference between Applied and Application Received.

IRCC counts time when they received your file at office.

I applied in March 2020, my application was received in May 2020
Our application was received in July 2020 as per courier delivery document and temp number, we send it from inside Canada

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi all. Am just curious. Is federal skilled worker class same as self employed person stream?

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hi all. Am just curious. Is federal skilled worker class same as self employed person stream?
It could be that you can apply for that as self-employed, depending on your NOC. You’d have to look it up. But you would apply through Express Entry, not the self-employed stream (EE is probably faster).

Reactions: dsgn

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
It could be that you can apply for that as self-employed, depending on your NOC. You’d have to look it up. But you would apply through Express Entry, not the self-employed stream (EE is probably faster).
Thanks. Reason I asked was bc I sent a mail to IRCC asking why the delay in starting the processing of file after more than 7 months. The reply said they found my file they will start when it's due for me bc of backlog but my confusion was they said my application type is federal skilled worker class when I applied under self employed stream. Also the time frame for these 2 streams are different. I looked it up on IRCC website and found that there is self employed under federal skilled worker class with a time frame of 24 months while self employed stream is 42 weeks. I hope there is no mix up in their filing of my application.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Thanks. Reason I asked was bc I sent a mail to IRCC asking why the delay in starting the processing of file after more than 7 months. The reply said they found my file they will start when it's due for me bc of backlog but my confusion was they said my application type is federal skilled worker class when I applied under self employed stream. Also the time frame for these 2 streams are different. I looked it up on IRCC website and found that there is self employed under federal skilled worker class with a time frame of 24 months while self employed stream is 42 weeks. I hope there is no mix up in their filing of my application.
My NOC is 5242 - Interior designers and interior decorators. Don't know if its under federal skilled worker class EE.

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Timeline for self-employed stream is 41 months.

Florence_DHK

Feb 2, 2021
Hi, could you please share the email address to which you sent the email? Thanks

Reactions: tanyaviola

marina_marina

Apr 28, 2022
Do you know, if I changed place of leaving and moved to another country, should I inform IRCC about it? I moved from Russia to Turkey and applied for temporary residence while I'm waiting PR in Canada.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hi, everyone. My family and I departed our home country on July 1, Canada Day, and landed here in Canada last July 2. We've been here for 2 weeks today. If, while waiting for the processing of your PR application, any of you are considering trying out another path to Canada, I highly suggest you take a look at the student pathway. It's the fastest way to get here.

I updated IRCC about our status as students (myself and 3 kids) and worker (my husband and myself, as I am allowed to work part-time), as well as our new address here. While preparing for my classes to start in September, we also await the approval of our PR application. It might take a while, but be positive and have faith. :)

Wishing everybody the best with their application.

Last edited:
Reactions: a.abhiman

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Do you know, if I changed place of leaving and moved to another country, should I inform IRCC about it? I moved from Russia to Turkey and applied for temporary residence while I'm waiting PR in Canada.
Yes. You should always update IRCC about changes in your contact information.

Reactions: marina_marina