+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Hi all
I have just received a letter from IRCC asking for an interview. Please any of you have any experiences share with me. Thank you very much !!!
Hello! How is your interview went? What are the questions being asked? Was it a quick call or was it like an interrogation?

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
Great news for COPR holders
any foreign national who holds a valid Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) may travel to Canada.

Under the previous rules, foreign nationals who held a valid COPR issued on or before March 18, 2020, were exempt from Canada’s travel restrictions. Those who held a valid COPR issued after March 18, 2020, could only come to Canada if they met another exemption or were coming from the US to settle permanently in Canada.

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Hi all, a quick question for friends who are already arrived in Canada about "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada" asked in 6A. I noticed some threads mentioning that we might be asked to provide proof for total funds available, either early on, or when we are approved and arrived in Canada (a border control officer might ask for that).

My question is: when asked by an officer at the border (or early on), do you need to have proof of the amount you declared in the 6A "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada", or do you just need enough to live for 1 year in Canada (which can be much less)?

I'm asking because some of the money might not be in cash form. I wonder if we need proof of the exact amount (or more) we declared in 6A, or is it flexible? Thank you so much.

prabh0012

Apr 4, 2019
I'm doing the 2 year study in canada .

I have also been working as freelancer , as content creator for Youtube and facebook
Running multiple Youtube channels .
Am i eligible for this stream ?
Can i apply for PR under this Program ?
what will be the processing time for inland (who is already in canada ) ?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Yo
Hi all, a quick question for friends who are already arrived in Canada about "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada" asked in 6A. I noticed some threads mentioning that we might be asked to provide proof for total funds available, either early on, or when we are approved and arrived in Canada (a border control officer might ask for that).

My question is: when asked by an officer at the border (or early on), do you need to have proof of the amount you declared in the 6A "Total Funds available for settlement in Canada", or do you just need enough to live for 1 year in Canada (which can be much less)?

I'm asking because some of the money might not be in cash form. I wonder if we need proof of the exact amount (or more) we declared in 6A, or is it flexible? Thank you so much.
You may be asked to show proof of settlement funds with is one year living expenses for the family.. Also goods to follow list if you are shipping your existing inventory and machinery of your business

You need to do arrangments for the rest of the funds at your own pace, to start your business..

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Yo

You may be asked to show proof of settlement funds with is one year living expenses for the family.. Also goods to follow list if you are shipping your existing inventory and machinery of your business

You need to do arrangments for the rest of the funds at your own pace, to start your business..
Thank you so much for the answer, my friend! I guess my question is if I put a number which is, let's say, 5 times higher than the 1-year living expenses required to live in a certain place in Canada, will I need to provide proof of fund of that particular number, or will I only need to have at least one year of living expenses? (I'm a writer so I don't need too much shipping fee for my laptop and pen;) )
The last question is, will I be asked to provide the proof when they request additional documents, or I will only need to provide the proof before landing in Canada? Most money will be put in investment rather than sitting in the bank, right?
Thank you so much again! I hope your application is moving forward smoothly!

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
You will be asked to show proof of funds as declared in your application, if and only if they call you for an interview before they make a decision.

If you receive Copr and at the time of landing you may be asked for the minimum living expenses as expected for Proof of funds..

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
You will be asked to show proof of funds as declared in your application, if and only if they call you for an interview before they make a decision.

If you receive Copr and at the time of landing you may be asked for the minimum living expenses as expected for Proof of funds..
Thank you very much ParuMani. Now the most difficult part is not knowing when the interview request is going to come. I do know you need to money to be 6 months old at the time they request it... So it is very hard to time the deposit. I cannot just let the money not being in investment.

I'm on Page 80 of this thread right now, thank you again for your kind response!!

Ryan O Ryan

Jun 25, 2021
Friends, after reading all threads here and for SE 2019 and 2020, I'm about to send my SE application only to noticed that I had applied for a transit visa when I was studying in the US and needed to do a flight transit via Canada. They gave me a UCI for that application.

Should I use my previous UCI for this SE application? The only concern is, my transit visa was declined back then because I was a graduate student in the US and our flights outside the US were all canceled because of Covid, my visa expired when I was applying for the Canada Transit visa. I offered a letter of explanation but didn't write enough details. The US stated that it was legal to stay as long as we applied for an extension of status, which we both did. We just wanted to find a flight that was cheap and available to go back home via Canada.

This is such a complication I just found... I left the US successfully, so when I received the decline letter from IRCC one month later, I forgot about it. Now I'm thinking if I need to use my old UCI. My gut tells me I should, I will need to explain in detail why I got declined, I guess.

Any insight would be appreciated: ) @ParuMani @comerunning19 @leavingonajetplane2016 @jimshady (@ some of the most active members for help:))

Thanks!

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Friends, after reading all threads here and for SE 2019 and 2020, I'm about to send my SE application only to noticed that I had applied for a transit visa when I was studying in the US and needed to do a flight transit via Canada. They gave me a UCI for that application.

Should I use my previous UCI for this SE application? The only concern is, my transit visa was declined back then because I was a graduate student in the US and our flights outside the US were all canceled because of Covid, my visa expired when I was applying for the Canada Transit visa. I offered a letter of explanation but didn't write enough details. The US stated that it was legal to stay as long as we applied for an extension of status, which we both did. We just wanted to find a flight that was cheap and available to go back home via Canada.

This is such a complication I just found... I left the US successfully, so when I received the decline letter from IRCC one month later, I forgot about it. Now I'm thinking if I need to use my old UCI. My gut tells me I should, I will need to explain in detail why I got declined, I guess.

Any insight would be appreciated: ) @ParuMani @comerunning19 @leavingonajetplane2016 @jimshady (@ some of the most active members for help:))

Thanks!
Hi, I have no immigration law background, but I believe it's better to be completely honest in your application, as misrepretation can lead to a seriously adverse outcome.

Reactions: Ryan O Ryan

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020

Thanks!
If you got UCI then they will have a record of that application.. Even if there is no UCI they will have the passport details in the system.. So come forward and type a letter stating the facts.. There is no harm in stating the facts and you did not do a crime

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Sure! We are here to support and help each other.

All the best for you.

Ammar

I am applying under 5125 – Translators, terminologists and interpreters

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=5125

IMPORTANT. Check out this link:

5 Occupations in art, culture, recreation and sport

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/NOC/Occupations.aspx?val=5&ver=16

Timeline

07 July 2019: I paid for the processing fee (CAD 1050) and right of permanent residence fee (CAD 490).

08 July 2019: I sent the application by registered mail.

Date of delivery: Unknown. Postnord’s tracking system was down.

26 July 2019: Application received by IRCC.

07 August 2019: Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Application Number were provided (by e-mail). I received also a letter from IRCC asking me to pay for biometrics.

07 August 2019: I paid for biometrics (CAD 85).
Hi Ammar, may I dm you? I'm preparing my application and we share the same occupation. Thanks!

nraipuri

Sep 3, 2021
Hi,
We are planning to apply under self employed category. I wanted to understand how much time it is taking these days. Govt portal mentions 35 months. Does in reality it takes that longer or basis the application it can happen earlier as well. And what are the rejection chances.
Thanks

nraipuri

Sep 3, 2021

Hi
I am thinking of applying for PR under self employed category.
I wanted to understand if I should I fill the application on my own or is it advisable to hire a consultant / lawyer.
Thanks