+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi all. Happy 2021.

Please I have a quiz on form schedule 6A item E ( assets: PENSION AND OTHER ASSETS)
Can the principal applicant include 1. his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner pension asset
2. Private car(s)
3. And inherited ancestral lands from his parents.
Thanks.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
My timeline so far:

Application received at NS: April 23, 2019

AOR and Request for Biometrics: May 23, 2019

Biometrics Done: May 29, 2019

Telephone Interview with New Delhi VO: Nov 20, 2020

Medical Request: Nov 20, 2020 (a few minutes later)

Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: Nov 21, 2020

Medicals Passed: Dec 7, 2020

No update since then. Hoping to receive PPR soon.

praxs4u

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Mumbai, India
My timeline so far:

Congrats....

What they have asked in Telephone Interview and how long it took...

Regards
Prakash

Reactions: Palamon

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Congrats....

What they have asked in Telephone Interview and how long it took...

Regards
Prakash
The interview lasted for around 10 minutes. They asked me what kind of research I had done about my field of work in Canada, and how I planned to earn my living over there as a self-employed individual.

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
The interview lasted for around 10 minutes. They asked me what kind of research I had done about my field of work in Canada, and how I planned to earn my living over there as a self-employed individual.
Congratulations Palamon

Please if I may ask, did they give prior notice by contacting you to be prepared before the phone interview or they just called your phone unprepared, out of the blue

Also, please did you submit business plan with your application when you initially submitted in 2019?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
it all sounds well, just need a little bit more of patience here :)

Just curious... was the interview scheduled?

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Congratulations Palamon

Please if I may ask, did they give prior notice by contacting you to be prepared before the phone interview or they just called your phone unprepared, out of the blue

Also, please did you submit business plan with your application when you initially submitted in 2019?
@comerunning19 @Beelin

No, the interview wasn't scheduled. I wasn't expecting it at all. At the end of the interview, I was told that they are considering my case favorably and that I had to cross one last hurdle - the medical test. A few minutes later, I received the medical test instructions. I cleared it after a couple of weeks. And no, I didn't send any business plan with my application. I'm not sure if an author can even have a business plan :) One other question that the interviewer had asked me was - if my case is approved, how soon can I come to Canada? I told him - as soon as the governments of the two countries open up the borders.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
@comerunning19 @Beelin

No, the interview wasn't scheduled. I wasn't expecting it at all. At the end of the interview, I was told that they are considering my case favorably and that I had to cross one last hurdle - the medical test. A few minutes later, I received the medical test instructions. I cleared it after a couple of weeks. And no, I didn't send any business plan with my application. I'm not sure if an author can even have a business plan :) One other question that the interviewer had asked me was - if my case is approved, how soon can I come to Canada? I told him - as soon as the governments of the two countries open up the borders.
Congratulations. Did you send any kind of POF and Pls were you asked of POF at any point? Thanks

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Apologies for the late response. No, I wasn't asked, nor have I sent any POF at any point of time during my application so far.
Wow! That's a big one for me. Thanks so much. Once again congratulations. U are there already. Praying for you.

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
My timeline so far:

Similar timeline as you, applied may 2019, medicals passed and received pre arrival services in sep 2020 but no ppr or copr yet.

I wonder when will they start processing us.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Similar timeline as you, applied may 2019, medicals passed and received pre arrival services in sep 2020 but no ppr or copr yet.

I wonder when will they start processing us.
I think is the pandemic that's slowing the processing of CoPR for Outlander. By middle of the year, things will get a bit faster.

ratsalad

May 1, 2019
I think is the pandemic that's slowing the processing of CoPR for Outlander. By middle of the year, things will get a bit faster.
Just a bit worried that when things resume... What is the priority.. Will we get ppr quickly or we are stuck in the middle of tens of thousands of applicants..

My son's passport has expired and I'm gonna wait till ppr then inform them. Not much point doing so now I guess