+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi all, I hope this message finds you well in your respective journies into Canada!

Quick question to all those before me:

My partner (a freelance editor) and I (writer/author) are wondering if it is required to have a university degree. I'm sure they benefit the applications, but are they mandatory?

Cheers, and here's to wishing you all a happy, healthy, and exciting New Year!
No, you're eligible as long as you've passed the required 35 marks out of 100 (and have relevant self employed experience for more than 2 years + have intention and ability to be self employed in Canada).

Reactions: DWX-7

DWX-7

Dec 30, 2020
No, you're eligible as long as you've passed the required 35 marks out of 100 (and have relevant self employed experience for more than 2 years + have intention and ability to be self employed in Canada).
Wow, no sooner was I about to close the tab, I got this notification! Thank you for the swift reply - that's reassuring to know.

It's all starting to become a little more real now.

P.S. Is there a specific minimum income requirement?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Wow, no sooner was I about to close the tab, I got this notification! Thank you for the swift reply - that's reassuring to know.

It's all starting to become a little more real now.

P.S. Is there a specific minimum income requirement?
Good luck! We all know this feeling. :)

No there's no black-and-white income/ assets requirement but it should make sense, say, the principal applicant should be able to settle and support him/herself and his/her family in Canada for a year.

Reactions: jimshady and DWX-7

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi guys
After a long time finally I got an email

“this is to advise that we will reviewing your file. To ensure that information available is up-to-date, could you please confirm or submit any additional documents within 60 days via your MyCIC account"

I was wondering if anyone got same Email
I’m not sure what kind of updates they exactly want since there is only 4mb space to send my documents.

My time line so far:
  1. We received your application for
  2. permanent residence on June 8, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 2, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on August 2, 2018.
  5. asked for for updates on September 30,20
Hi Hadis, any updates from your side?

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi Hadis, any updates from your side?
Check documents u have submitted b4. It's almost 2 years now from your explanation. Just get them updated by providing fresh air latest information about them. That's my understanding of what they want.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Hii guys, I have couple of queries... Can we claim points for correspondence bachelor's degree or not? Can we attach property under the name of parents in our total net worth, and if yes, do we need any affidavit from parents for this?
Regarding the correspondence bachelor's degree--a degree is a degree whether it was done in a physical school or via distance learning. Include your diploma in your application and input your degree details in the forms, so that you will be able to claim points.

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Between a few days to a bit more than a month BEFORE THE PANDEMIC.
Now we haven't heard any new AORs since March/April.
Oh my. Really, no good news regarding AORs since March? :(

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hello house.
Happy 2021.
Pls has the processing time reduced? Someone told me the visa offices are more proactive now.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Just noticed that the 'timeline' progress bar has disappeared from my application profile. Has it happened to anyone else?