+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

cheetos13s

Star Member
Nov 2, 2020
do you guys send the high school certificate and the university degree? or just the highest education?
thanks in advance

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
  :) :) Thanks. So surprising. When I submitted, I fully expected it to go on till 2020! Such a pleasant surprise
Great. How come you are no longer in this platform to answer questions now you are in Canada and should hv more knowledge in this? Never despise small beginnings my sister we need your help here pls

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Last edited:

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
No one has any obligations to stay on this platform to answer questions... we respect each others here :)
You are welcome to visit her blog and ask your questions directly : https://naijagirlcanadianadventure.com/federal-self-employed-coaching/
I just like you comerunning19. Thank you and God bless. I dont mean to disrespect anyone. Off course no one is obligated to stick around.
This brings me to my second question on POF. Must the POF be 6 months old or LOE can do for any huge sum found in your account? Again must one provide evidence of sale of property if that's where the POF came from? Warm regards

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
5133 musicians and singers
I teach music privately in Singapore.

I submitted whatever that was being asked for(important documents, business plan) and didn’t submit whatever that wasn’t asked for (proofs of funds, assets).

My take(guess) on this stream is, as we are all self employed, paying your taxes all this time makes it credible in your application. And also, how good your business plan is, will strongly determine the success of your application.
Of course there could be external factors such as annual quotas, nationality quotas that we may not know of.
Runroad, pls can you help me out with business plan. Am gradually gathering my documentation dont want to leave anything for chance...thanks.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I just like you comerunning19. Thank you and God bless. I dont mean to disrespect anyone. Off course no one is obligated to stick around.
This brings me to my second question on POF. Must the POF be 6 months old or LOE can do for any huge sum found in your account? Again must one provide evidence of sale of property if that's where the POF came from? Warm regards
Theoretically you should explain how your savings are accumulated, and any significant change of amount in your account. Sale of property should be stated.
Just a narrative statement as schedule 6A requires will suffice.

Reactions: dsgn

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
Hello everyone! I'm new here today and my husband and I are preparing our application kits for this class. It's so encouraging to see there are a few of you here has already passed the interview, and congratulations to you all!!!

As I browse through this post, I found not all of you prepared a business plan. Is this important in our applicaiton? Cuz it is the hardest part when we prepare ours. it's really hard to write a BP for a place you've never been. And due to the pendamic, we are not sure if we could ever get a chance to visit Canada before the interview. What if we don't have a BP?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone! I'm new here today and my husband and I are preparing our application kits for this class. It's so encouraging to see there are a few of you here has already passed the interview, and congratulations to you all!!!

As I browse through this post, I found not all of you prepared a business plan. Is this important in our applicaiton? Cuz it is the hardest part when we prepare ours. it's really hard to write a BP for a place you've never been. And due to the pendamic, we are not sure if we could ever get a chance to visit Canada before the interview. What if we don't have a BP?
Do your research online instead. You don't need to have a lengthy BP, but you need to know your intended occupation (how it's gonna work) and settlement plan. :)

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Pls house.do we have anyone that has got CoPR on interior design. Pls help out with the question of getting certification as an interior designer. If its needed b4 applying. Thanks in advance.
Hi, there. While looking around on how to get our credentials assessed from within Canada, I found this:

https://www.cicic.ca/938/interior_designers_and_interior_decorators.canada?id=110

"Interior designers and interior decorators are regulated in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan. In order to use one of the reserved titles, you must be registered with one of the provincial regulatory authorities in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, or Saskatchewan to be authorized to practise as an interior designer or interior decorator.

Note that the use of one of the reserved titles is not required in order to practise in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, and Saskatchewan, and therefore, certification is voluntary.

Interior designer, registered interior designer (R.I.D.), intern interior designer (I.I.D.), professional interior designer, and licensed interior designer are the titles used in regulations governing this occupation."

---

Because interior design is an occupation that's regulated by the government there, you might have to get additional educational training to be certified when you do immigrate there. For now, at least just be ready with your degree/certificate in interior design, project service agreements, and reference letters from clients. I haven't read anything about undergoing any type of interior design certification in one's own country before you apply for PR.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Hi, there. While looking around on how to get our credentials assessed from within Canada, I found this:

https://www.cicic.ca/938/interior_designers_and_interior_decorators.canada?id=110

"Interior designers and interior decorators are regulated in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, and Saskatchewan. In order to use one of the reserved titles, you must be registered with one of the provincial regulatory authorities in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, or Saskatchewan to be authorized to practise as an interior designer or interior decorator.

Note that the use of one of the reserved titles is not required in order to practise in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Ontario, and Saskatchewan, and therefore, certification is voluntary.

Interior designer, registered interior designer (R.I.D.), intern interior designer (I.I.D.), professional interior designer, and licensed interior designer are the titles used in regulations governing this occupation."

---

Because interior design is an occupation that's regulated by the government there, you might have to get additional educational training to be certified when you do immigrate there. For now, at least just be ready with your degree/certificate in interior design, project service agreements, and reference letters from clients. I haven't read anything about undergoing any type of interior design certification in one's own country before you apply for PR.
Thanks alot. I contacted IRCC and they told me it's not required for application because this application is without any conditions at all but as you said b4 u can take up the title of interior design consultant in Canada or any of the titles you mentioned you must be certified. Am very grateful for your concern and reply. Thanks.

Reactions: mamasvoice

EverestToCanada

Nov 9, 2020
Do your research online instead. You don't need to have a lengthy BP, but you need to know your intended occupation (how it's gonna work) and settlement plan. :)
Thanks for your reply! When you say "settlement plan", what do you mean in detail? Just explain how our family is gonna survive in Canada?

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Thanks alot. I contacted IRCC and they told me it's not required for application because this application is without any conditions at all but as you said b4 u can take up the title of interior design consultant in Canada or any of the titles you mentioned you must be certified. Am very grateful for your concern and reply. Thanks.
You're welcome. Was just going through the CICIC website and saw that, and I remembered your question about it. :)

Reactions: dsgn