+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Where to show the point calculation? Cover letter ?
I think the CIO office calculate automatically by checking the application where you stand with points, I make a word document with a heading of score single A4 page about my eligibility and score education points/experience points/age points/adaptability points

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
biometric fees are less under C$200 with dependents of 4, pay with processing fees, Rights fees have a choice in the payment screen, you will pay once the application accepted or pay right away choice is yours
Thank you!

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
For those of you who had a spouse and family when you applied, did they consider your spouse's employability at all as far as your fitness to support yourselves in Canada? Or, was it all hinged on your self-employed income?

Reactions: tanyaviola

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
What is the difference between "Employment income" and "Business income"? Is employment income just a yearly amount that we made (both myself and my spouse I assume, since it asks for amounts and assets belonging to both)? For the past how many years? Business income is maybe total amount earned from the "business" over the years? How many years? It's confusing. We teach music lessons so the whole monetary part is confusing (we don't have invoices or contracts, etc and our business doesn't have a dollar amount worth). Thanks!

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
What is the difference between "Employment income" and "Business income"? Is employment income just a yearly amount that we made (both myself and my spouse I assume, since it asks for amounts and assets belonging to both)? For the past how many years? Business income is maybe total amount earned from the "business" over the years? How many years? It's confusing. We teach music lessons so the whole monetary part is confusing (we don't have invoices or contracts, etc and our business doesn't have a dollar amount worth). Thanks!
Hi, I'm kind of confused about this too. What I stated in our application, which I'm about to submit, is that I do business as a DBA (Doing Business As) instead of under a company name. I am a voice over artist and my husband is a TV director and filmmaker, and we have no registered company. We do business as ourselves. So in the Business Income section of the Accumulation of Funds narrative, I just said to see the section above for my Self-Employment Income, because that is essentially my business income. I hope I'm going about it the correct way. If somebody can shed light on this, we would really appreciate it too.

Hadis

Dec 22, 2019
Hi guys
After a long time finally I got an email

“this is to advise that we will reviewing your file. To ensure that information available is up-to-date, could you please confirm or submit any additional documents within 60 days via your MyCIC account"

I was wondering if anyone got same Email
I’m not sure what kind of updates they exactly want since there is only 4mb space to send my documents.

My time line so far:
  1. We received your application for
  2. permanent residence on June 8, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 2, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on August 2, 2018.
  5. asked for for updates on September 30,20

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hi guys
After a long time finally I got an email

“this is to advise that we will reviewing your file. To ensure that information available is up-to-date, could you please confirm or submit any additional documents within 60 days via your MyCIC account"

I was wondering if anyone got same Email
I’m not sure what kind of updates they exactly want since there is only 4mb space to send my documents.

My time line so far:
  1. We received your application for
  2. permanent residence on June 8, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 2, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on August 2, 2018.
  5. asked for for updates on September 30,20
Wow.. It means that they have started to work on paper based applications too.. So far since covid scare they were working mostly from remote and were processing electronically transmitted applications

Reactions: Hadis

mamasvoice

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-22-2020
Didn't submit any formal business plan nor licenses for my business... Just my portfolio with client work from various countries and letter of references. Along with a one-pager on how i will contiure to support and be self employed in canada
Hi, jimshady. Thanks for the valuable info. May I know your profession? Your timeline was very speedy!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How to appeal if case is rejected
Was your application rejected outright or was it returned for incomplete documents? What does your letter say. If just missing documents, there should be a checklist of what documents are missing. Then you resubmit. The link tells you what to do. If you are using a consultant, they will most likely have to do it.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4

If your application was rejected/refused for not being eligible, you can’t appeal blaming the consultant. You are responsible for ensuring that the application is complete and can’t blame a consultant for not sending in all the documents. You can appeal if the visa officer didn’t follow the laws and regulations but not for missing documentation.

Reactions: comerunning19