Self-Employed Application 2018

sweelinck

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Poland
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi everyone

I have a question regarding NOC codes for the self employment application. What do you do if more than one code applies to you?

For example, my primary code as a video editor would be 5225 (Audio and video recording technicians) but my experience and other services I offer in my self employed capacity also include:

5221 Photographers
5222 Film and video camera operators
5223 Graphic arts technicians

So my question is, can you apply with multiple NOC codes? Or do I select 1 primary and mention the other NOC codes that apply to me in my application? Or do I only mention the primary and ignore the others?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone with the same (or similar) NOC codes has received their COPR or is currently in the application process, I’d love to hear from you! :)
Did you find out about that? I'm in the same situation as you...

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Here is my application ready to submit from Karachi Pakistan, I need experts to reply

I need help from you guys please find bugs in my points, I need to fill the gaps before sent to this address physical via FedEx

I am having 15 years of experience as a Graphic Designer, 1 USA, and 2 Canadian Companies and I am getting 35 points for experience 10 points for age, and 12 points for my and spouse education, so now I am standing 57 out of 100 without IELTS and 35 required

Forms

1. I have filled the IMM 0008 (Generic Form) with my/spouse/2 under 6 years Child's' details by adding the depended button then validate the form with a barcode.
  2. Filled the IMM 5669 (Background Declaration), my details mother/father/education dates/address details/work history serving clients from which date along with title graphic designer.
  3. Additional Dependent (IMM 0008 DEP) I think I do not need this form right?
  4. Supplementary IMM 5562 (Travel), I did umrah so I need to add a flight detail paper? travel agent package costing detail paper? it's not mentioned in the checklist.
  5. 6A Business Immigrants (economic class) experience section, bank details, asset details filled. Do I need to register my company, I am doing remote working for a client overseas no staff in my home office location, I am doing individual work. so is there any need to justify my company? legal letters?
  6. IMM 5406 (Additional Family Members) mother / father / brothers details
  7. IMM 5476 (use a representative) is this mandatory to use a representative? to contact any friend in Canada and put his details?

Documents
  1. Education document photocopies SSC / HSC and certificates. Is there any attestation that needs to be done in photocopies? if yes so only education documents need to be attested or passport/NIC/birth certificate all need to be attested? if yes where I can go for attestation in Karachi.
  2. Spouse degree copies attached - I think there is no need to do ECA for in this program for degrees? right?
  3. IELTS is not necessary for this program, right? I have not yet done
    https://www.settler.ca/english/ielts-self-employed-immigration/#:~:text=IELTS or other language tests,of a 100-point system
  4. Experience letter ready from my 3 companies, they wrote to me I am serving from particular dates and my duties are to design postcards/logo design/banners/artworks stuff, etc. - is this correct?
  5. Travel documents, passport front 2 pages are enough or I need to make a photocopy of the inner pages of umrah date from CIO cross-checking my entry and exit stamp?
  6. Police certificate in hand from the last 23 years as I have 2 addresses changed so I put both address along with dates and the same filled-in form, it's originally required to be submitted no photocopy right?
  7. Birth certificate of mine/spouse/2 kids/marriage certificate Nadra English / Urdu both 5 certificates and NIC copies
  8. 2 photos of each family member with studio stamp with dates and name/date of birth in handwritten on 1 pic of each applicant. right?
  9. Fees need to pay online right? C$2800 1 main application 1 spouse and 2 kids then biometric it will be C$3020? right? I am not paying permanent resident RIGHTS fees as its a choice to pay later once approved, as thus C$3020 fees are nonrefundable int his program.
  10. Bank statement 1 the year 2019 - 2020 or I need to attach 3+ years?
  11. Mailing 2 self empty envelop one in Urdu native language and 1 in English own address listed.
Self-employed Class
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Questions
  1. How I can write names in Urdu's native language? in the same form which printer in English and write in Urdu just next in black ballpoint? or I need to reprint the form removing the name in English and write the name in Urdu and attached 2 pages for the same form English / Urdu just for name appearance?
  2. I have no company details, is this ok in this program or I need to register first?
  3. I am paying tax return annually individually, Do I need to add a copy of how much I pay or just filer info is good enough to show a proof I am a taxpayer and filler?
  4. I have written an application which I am showing what services I am providing to these 3 companies from dates till present.

Red highlighted are my questions in the forms section

Please check deeply and find bugs

Thanks
Ielts is not necessary, but important.

Company not registered, but you need to show income coming in, which will probably be your tax returns, but you might need to show the income is coming in from a client/company l. And you have invoices etc incase they need it. Also submitted a portfolio of global work along with reference letters from companies. Tax filer just tells the officer that you file your taxes - they need to see if you are capable of earning money/generating new business, therefore you need to have proof of income ready - in any form bank statements, invoices etc

I also did my degree ECA, even though its not required, it helps.
If you send a strong application its always better, as someone else will have a better chance if you dont have e.g. Ielts and the other person does.
It took me 1 year to compile everything for the application. But after sending a complete application i got my COPR in 3 months exact, from AOR.

Reactions: khurram69

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi everyone,
did anyone make the IELTS exam and put it into the application? I know the program says that it is not required but our immigration agent wants to make it with us. Do you have experience about this? Did you make it? And with which result? our agent told us it is needs to be at least 6 band.
Thank you in advance
Yes i submitted my Ielts. 8.5

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Is there anyone out there who would be comfortable talking #'s with me (money-wise). We can through messaging, I just have some questions and I'm trying to ease my anxiety.
How much did you show on your application/business documents that you made from your business per year over the past 5 years? Did you use Gross or Net amounts? For those who may have already had their applications processed, did they consider at all if you had someone coming with you that could also be employed, or was it ALL hinging on whatever you made from self-employment with regards to assessing your ability to support yourself and your family in Canada?

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Ielts is not necessary, but important.

Company not registered, but you need to show income coming in, which will probably be your tax returns, but you might need to show the income is coming in from a client/company l. And you have invoices etc incase they need it. Also submitted a portfolio of global work along with reference letters from companies. Tax filer just tells the officer that you file your taxes - they need to see if you are capable of earning money/generating new business, therefore you need to have proof of income ready - in any form bank statements, invoices etc

I also did my degree ECA, even though its not required, it helps.
If you send a strong application its always better, as someone else will have a better chance if you dont have e.g. Ielts and the other person does.
It took me 1 year to compile everything for the application. But after sending a complete application i got my COPR in 3 months exact, from AOR.
thanks for detailed reply

in website and checklist I did not saw that they demanded tax return document

I checked somewhere on cic website send only what we asked if we need further documents required we will ask

so it's better to invest time in these tax return thingredients filer non filer how much pay etc?

Bank statement invoices I understand to attached as a proof as I m doing paid working

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
In fact all the guidelines are on the manual
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-4500-applying-permanent-residence-business-class-applicants-self-employed.html

I'm not an expert but I read the manual.

Forms
  • Additional Dependent (IMM 0008 DEP) I think I do not need this form right? -
no need if you don't have more dependents than the generic form can include.

• Supplementary IMM 5562 (Travel), I did umrah so I need to add a flight detail paper? travel agent package costing detail paper? it's not mentioned in the checklist.
What is umrah?
no need to add flight details. just when and where and purpose.

• 6A Business Immigrants (economic class) experience section, bank details, asset details filled. Do I need to register my company, I am doing remote working for a client overseas no staff in my home office location, I am doing individual work. so is there any need to justify my company? legal letters?
officer registration is not a must.

• IMM 5476 (use a representative) is this mandatory to use a representative? to contact any friend in Canada and put his details?
absolutely not mandatory. you can do it all by yourself.
and a friend is not an authorized representative at all so don't risk it.
yes I will not use representative

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
In fact all the guidelines are on the manual
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-4500-applying-permanent-residence-business-class-applicants-self-employed.html

I'm not an expert but I read the manual.

Forms
  • Additional Dependent (IMM 0008 DEP) I think I do not need this form right? -
no need if you don't have more dependents than the generic form can include.

• Supplementary IMM 5562 (Travel), I did umrah so I need to add a flight detail paper? travel agent package costing detail paper? it's not mentioned in the checklist.
What is umrah?
no need to add flight details. just when and where and purpose.

• 6A Business Immigrants (economic class) experience section, bank details, asset details filled. Do I need to register my company, I am doing remote working for a client overseas no staff in my home office location, I am doing individual work. so is there any need to justify my company? legal letters?
officer registration is not a must.

• IMM 5476 (use a representative) is this mandatory to use a representative? to contact any friend in Canada and put his details?
absolutely not mandatory. you can do it all by yourself.
and a friend is not an authorized representative at all so don't risk it.
mother will be in depended form? Additional Dependent (IMM 0008 DEP)

do I apply with mother additional Dependent?

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
thanks for detailed reply

in website and checklist I did not saw that they demanded tax return document

I checked somewhere on cic website send only what we asked if we need further documents required we will ask

so it's better to invest time in these tax return thingredients filer non filer how much pay etc?

Bank statement invoices I understand to attached as a proof as I m doing paid working
No they donot ask for tax documents - but you mentioned it, so I was just reverting back on that.

Simply, you can just show your bank account statement, with money coming in... and balance growing. I did that. Nor did I give any tax related documents - no taxes in UAE at that time.

I didnot give any invoices etc, as I kept that incase they asked for this.

Later asked details about my net worth and wanted formal property valuations. That was the only thing they asked for re my income/finances.

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
No they donot ask for tax documents - but you mentioned it, so I was just reverting back on that.

Simply, you can just show your bank account statement, with money coming in... and balance growing. I did that. Nor did I give any tax related documents - no taxes in UAE at that time.

I didnot give any invoices etc, as I kept that incase they asked for this.

Later asked details about my net worth and wanted formal property valuations. That was the only thing they asked for re my income/finances.
thanks

any business plan sample?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
mother will be in depended form? Additional Dependent (IMM 0008 DEP)

do I apply with mother additional Dependent?
Mother is not your dependent.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=343&top=14

Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?

You can bring family members with you to Canada if they were processed for permanent residence as your dependents. This includes:
The family members that can’t come with you include:
  • your parents
  • grandparents
  • brother or sister
  • uncle or aunt
  • nephew or niece
  • other relatives

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other

imm0008_6ae
Schedule 6A Business Immigrants - Self Employed Persons

anyone have a sample document for these points covering, much appreciated in advance

I do not have Investment Income like shares, bonds, etc
I do not have Business Income, direct getting payment from the client on my own name western union, and wire transfer as self-employed
need guidance for cumulative gains and inheritance donations, i do not take any loan and no mortgage, having own apartment as an asset no loan

Last edited:

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Questions
  1. How I can write names in Urdu's native language? in the same form which printer in English and write in Urdu just next in black ballpoint? or I need to reprint the form removing the name in English and write the name in Urdu and attached 2 pages for the same form English / Urdu just for name appearance?

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Documents
  1. Education document photocopies SSC / HSC and certificates. Is there any attestation that needs to be done in photocopies? if yes so only education documents need to be attested or passport/NIC/birth certificate all need to be attested? if yes where I can go for attestation in Karachi.
  2. Spouse degree copies attached - I think there is no need to do ECA for in this program for degrees? right?

khurram69

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
Pakistan
Category........
Other
  1. Fees need to pay online right? C$2800 1 main application 1 spouse and 2 kids then biometric it will be C$3020? right? I am not paying permanent resident RIGHTS fees as its a choice to pay later once approved, as thus C$3020 fees are nonrefundable int his program.