+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
It sounds frustrating enough... how about the web inquiry form of IRCC (instead of LVO)?
Well the IRCC inquiry form is sent to the LVO by IRCC. From my understanding, if I contact via form, ircc relays the message to the LVO. Basically the same process but the difference is that ircc contacts LVO instead of me. I am not entirely sure though. Maybe I'd give it a try.

Reactions: comerunning19

s_i

Jun 10, 2020
New here. Applied in September 2018 for self-employed PR (author and publisher) with my wife and 2 dependent kids from the U.S. We sent updated police reports in March 2020. We passed the medical in April 2020. The day tracker counted down to 25 days and then added 30 days. Back down to 25 days now, 96% complete. I know the day tracker doesn't really mean anything but still. Fingers crossed. I read somewhere that the offices that handle self-employed applications are probably understaffed and overwhelmed.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Well the IRCC inquiry form is sent to the LVO by IRCC. From my understanding, if I contact via form, ircc relays the message to the LVO. Basically the same process but the difference is that ircc contacts LVO instead of me. I am not entirely sure though. Maybe I'd give it a try.
Yes try anything possible... good luck!

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
New here. Applied in September 2018 for self-employed PR (author and publisher) with my wife and 2 dependent kids from the U.S. We sent updated police reports in March 2020. We passed the medical in April 2020. The day tracker counted down to 25 days and then added 30 days. Back down to 25 days now, 96% complete. I know the day tracker doesn't really mean anything but still. Fingers crossed. I read somewhere that the offices that handle self-employed applications are probably understaffed and overwhelmed.
I believe you are almost there!

Reactions: s_i

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hi! Applying self-employed from US as well (photographer). You said you applied in Sept 2018....how long after application were you told it was received and did you hear nothing until 2020??

s_i

Jun 10, 2020
Hi! Applying self-employed from US as well (photographer). You said you applied in Sept 2018....how long after application were you told it was received and did you hear nothing until 2020??
IRCC received our application 5 SEP 2018.
IRCC began processing ("Date Submitted") 23 NOV 2018.
IRCCsent requests for medical exams and updated criminal background checks 26 FEB 2020.
The doctor submitted our medical exams on 16 MAR 2020.
IRCC asked for more information about the medical exams on 19 MAR 2020.
The doctor sent the requested information on 24 MAR 2020.
We passed the medical exams on 9 APR 2020.
Everything else is still under review.

Reactions: comerunning19

s_i

Jun 10, 2020
Right. Before applying I spent an hour or so (and a couple hundred dollars) talking to an immigration law firm about options and what to expect. They said among many useful things that our application would probably sit there for a year or more before anything happened to it. So we just settled in to wait. And checked the status habitually every day anyhow.

Reactions: typeaimages

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hello everyone,

I recently sent in my self-employed application and this forum has been very helpful for figuring out expectations for timelines and so forth. Thank you to everyone who has participated. I almost wish I had found this forum before I sent in my application (I didn’t know you needed to include all the forms that weren’t relevant with an “N/A”—I did not include IMM 0008DEP in my application because I don’t have any dependents, and I saw the advice someone linked about including a cover letter and sighed, because OBVIOUSLY I should have done that.)

I will try to leave information about my timeline/personal information to help others who follow after me.

Application received: 16 Sept. 2019
NOC: 5121
I have a very high score (94), about $130,000 CAD in liquid assets plus more in equity, but I also have one minor misdemeanor charge from when I was 19 (24 years ago, and it wasn’t for theft/assault), so I’m not sure how this will shake out.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thank you for sharing information and helping each other out!
Hi, can you share please where did you see the information about the irrelevant forms and that you need to include them anyway? I don’t have any additional dependents, and I don’t use a representative. And as I understood, there’s no need to include these irrelevant forms... Thank you.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
There’s another section next to account balance for listing fixed deposit but that will not be counted as liquidity
Hi, are you sure that the funds from FD can’t be used? I plan to prematurely withdraw my FD before the immigration. So why they can’t be included in the settlement budget?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
State the maturity date

Question 11A

Bank deposits

• Current and Savings Accounts
    • foreign exchange rate
    • the annual sales
    • the net income (after tax)
  • Fixed (term) deposits
    • date of initial deposit,
    • maturity date, and
    • current balance in foreign currency (specify currency) and in Canadian dollars.
@NDDG they are calculated separately.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Yes, there are two separate sections. But I think you do include them (the FD) in your budget for the settlement?
We don't have any FD so this Q didn't bother us as much. Maybe you can write any reasonable amount within your net worth?
Please check with the successful applicants.

What we accept as proof
Funds must be readily available to you.
The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa.