+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
5133 musicians and singers
I teach music privately in Singapore.

I submitted whatever that was being asked for(important documents, business plan) and didn’t submit whatever that wasn’t asked for (proofs of funds, assets).

My take(guess) on this stream is, as we are all self-employed, paying your taxes all this time makes it credible in your application. And also, how good your business plan is, will strongly determine the success of your application.
Of course there could be external factors such as annual quotas, nationality quotas that we may not know of.
Hello,
Did you send a professional business plan or a just detailed synopsis of your business and how you plan to operate it in Canda?
Thank you.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
NOC 5133 I’m a music teacher.
I am a freelancer and I have a registered company here in Singapore as a self-proprietor.
I’m a Singaporean in Singapore. I paid taxes annually from the start back in 2010.

I took the ielts with my wife to boost up the points for our application, although we have more than the 35 points needed. We totalled 86 points for this application by our count.

I didn’t format my business experience into a very professional format. I just listed it as -
For example,
2001-2003 i was a blah blah blah
2002-2004 I was doing blah blah blah
2003-2007 I was doing blah blah blah

Sometimes I think if you present it in a simple and summarised way it may help them to understand better easily as well.

Everyone has to have a business plan for the appplication as I remembered it was in one of the questions in the form. I may be wrong. I provided a business plan in my application.

All the best people, I also hope we get through this hurdle together...
Did you provide any supporting documents for tax payments? I didn't see any request for that.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Loose papers arranged in the order I ticked them off the checklist. I think I read somewhere twice that they should not be stapled but you can use paper clips. I used clips to hold passport photos in place.
Hi,
And if my translated certificates come stapled, should I unstaple them?

Ancan

Jun 4, 2020
Hi Guys and Gals

A question for those who were successful with their applications: how many of you got PR without having visited Canada before?

Did you apply after doing a LSD trip or even just a visit to Canada? I was meant to do my trip to Canada this June of 2020 but now it will have to wait , so I was wondering what people's thoughts were on applying for Self Employed stream without ever having even stepped foot inside Canadian borders.

Many thanks in advance.

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Hi Guys and Gals

A question for those who were successful with their applications: how many of you got PR without having visited Canada before?

Did you apply after doing a LSD trip or even just a visit to Canada? I was meant to do my trip to Canada this June of 2020 but now it will have to wait , so I was wondering what people's thoughts were on applying for Self Employed stream without ever having even stepped foot inside Canadian borders.

Many thanks in advance.
As I know, many people don’t visit Canada before they get PR.

Reactions: NDDG

sklr16

Jun 4, 2020
Hi Guys, thanks for this awesome thread. I have few questions and appreciate if anyone can help me with these.

I am running a wedding photography business since last 3 years and want to apply as a self employed photographer.

Q1. My company is not registered, but it has an online presence and there is a bank account in the name of the company in which I receive payment from my clients. Is it mandatory to have your business registered? Will my case be weakened because of this?

Q2. The contracts I do with my clients are on mails only and not on the official govt papers or letterheads. Can I use it to support my case?

Q3. My education is not related to the photography. I am an IT graduate but later on moved to Photography. Will I get points for my education in this case?

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Received my GCMS notes today. They say -

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Can anyone throw some light on where I could be in the process? AOR: May 23, 2019. Biometrics Done: May 29, 2019.

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Hi Guys, thanks for this awesome thread. I have few questions and appreciate if anyone can help me with these.

I am running a wedding photography business since last 3 years and want to apply as a self employed photographer.

Q1. My company is not registered, but it has an online presence and there is a bank account in the name of the company in which I receive payment from my clients. Is it mandatory to have your business registered? Will my case be weakened because of this?

Q2. The contracts I do with my clients are on mails only and not on the official govt papers or letterheads. Can I use it to support my case?

Q3. My education is not related to the photography. I am an IT graduate but later on moved to Photography. Will I get points for my education in this case?
I will give you some ideas based on my knowledge.
1. Sorry I don’t know but I think it’s ok if you have the proof that you do your business.
2. Contracts on mails => ok
2. You don’t need to have education in photography, you can get the point for education of any subjects.

Reactions: sklr16

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Received my GCMS notes today. They say -

Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Not started
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: In progress
Other Reqs:
Final:

Can anyone throw some light on where I could be in the process? AOR: May 23, 2019. Biometrics Done: May 29, 2019.
I think you are just at the beginning of the process, please be patient.

sklr16

Jun 4, 2020
I will give you some ideas based on my knowledge.
1. Sorry I don’t know but I think it’s ok if you have the proof that you do your business.
2. Contracts on mails => ok
2. You don’t need to have education in photography, you can get the point for education of any subjects.
Thanks Jenny, that was really helpful.

I would appreciate if anyone else, who has the similar case can throw some light on it. Just to have a 2nd opinion.

Regards,
Saurabh

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
It has been more than 26 months since my aor. Should I contact IRCC about this? Would it make them to look my application? Thanks

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
It has been more than 26 months since my aor. Should I contact IRCC about this? Would it make them to look my application? Thanks
Was it you who sent an e-mail to LVO to check if your application was still being processed? I think someone did this... give it a try?

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
Was it you who sent an e-mail to LVO to check if your application was still being processed? I think someone did this... give it a try?
Well it was me. I sent an e-mail to LVO and basically they told me: my application is in the LVO. That was it. :( This was 5 months ago though

pourlaco

Dec 3, 2018
Hi guys
Since I received urgent PPR in early March,
I have been waiting for COPR for over the last three months due to the delay caused by the Covid-19. I am a bit of anxious now as the countdown to my flight schedule, arriving in Canada in the next month, started.

I now seek an alternative: entering Canada as tourist status (based on the assumption that the current travel ban will be lifted in the near future).

My question is if, if I should leave for Canada without COPR, how can I make a landing process later?
Can a third person receive COPR on behalf of me and post it to me internationally? Then, can I bring it to a border immigration office inside Canada to make a landing? It’s really a test of patience from A to Z:(
Anyhow, I wish everyone a good health and good luck!!!

Last edited: