+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
Hi,

Let me attempt to answer your questions:

1. Given names - write your names i.e first and middle names. Write only one if thats what you have

2. English proficiency is compulsory for this stream so you must write and submit your IELTS result

3. Assets - put all your assets here. Self employed income or any other you have

4. Fixed term deposit is not same as pension. It is money deposited in the bank which cannot be accessed until a stipulated time frame with interest yielded on it

5. Accumulation of funds: yes this is a narrative of you and your spouse's income over the period leading to the acquisition of the assets you declared.

6. Country of residence: you live in Canada currently which makes it your country of residence from the time you arrived till now.

Hope this helps. All the best and God's speed!
Hello,
Maybe you know, in the ASSETS - question D (Bussiness) - if I'm not an entrepreneur (I'm a self employed person), can I just write N/A?
Thank you.

Tr1992

Dec 11, 2019
It is slowed as if it is stopped. Has anyone heard a positive answer from ircc?
They wrote that some offices are just working with limited services
And they wrote the name of the offices and the status of them
I saw mine which is warsaw office and it's closed
I just passed my 21 months of my case at January and nothing since then
So its closed

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
So its closed
I just passed medical checking in the end of March and I’m waiting for visa. But I think because Canada is closing the border now, so we have to wait a little bit until it’s opened.

Reactions: comerunning19

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
So its closed
My office is Warsaw as well... 25 months. No communication after AOR. it is just frustrating.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So freelancers outside of Cultural Activities are not eligible? I'm a top rated Web Developer on Upwork 2175 NOC not sure if it counts as cultural or world class?
Check out the provincial tech streams (BC and Ontario for example) as well as the Global Talent Stream.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Anyone received any update on their application in the last month?

Just curious if things are moving forward at all for anyone during this time.
I'm preparing myself for a LOOOONG wait!
Might want to put the kettle on, it's going to be a while. My app went in in Sep last year and it's only 34% done on their end. Now that their staff are probably working remotely it's going to add months to the process. The good news is that things are still moving...

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Might want to put the kettle on, it's going to be a while. My app went in in Sep last year and it's only 34% done on their end. Now that their staff are probably working remotely it's going to add months to the process. The good news is that things are still moving...
I think the percent of process just base on the time we submit the document, because I submit around December last year, until end of March it's 21%, but I was confirmed to pass medical exam and be waiting for final decision.

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Hi,
Do you mean they asked for the passport copy for the second time (after you sent one with the application package)? And didn't they have that question about the eye color and height in the generic form in 2018?
Thank you.
I know most people's height and eye colour doesn't change but it is normal for them to ask for updated info just prior to visa issue.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
It's basically requesting for details of your financial assets, savings and liabilities i.e. credit card debt, mortgages, etc.

11A - all your savings and current account numbers and the current amount you have in them and any fixed deposit accounts you have.
11B - any property you have or inherited
11C - stocks and any other personal investments like bonds, etc
11D - do you have a business that's related to the stream you're applying under? If so, provide these details as well.
11E - pensions and any other assets you have that don't fall under A - D
11F & G - liabilities (debt) - CC, loans, etc

If any section doesn't apply to you, just put NA. Don't forget to include 11J, which is an explanation for how you accumulated all the money/assets in 11A - E. Hope this helps.

You may also find this link useful - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-4500-applying-permanent-residence-business-class-applicants-self-employed.html#4000E5
Can you please advise on how to fill the "11E - pensions" section?
Should I write the pension fund name, when my account there was open, and the accumulated funds?