+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

typeaimages

Star Member
Apr 1, 2020
Anyone received any update on their application in the last month?

Just curious if things are moving forward at all for anyone during this time.
I'm preparing myself for a LOOOONG wait!

Silvyism

Nov 13, 2019
I have a question regarding the increase of the processing fees, the jump is 50%. Im a little confused here though, it mentioned economic business class and principal applicant needs to pay $1575 which was $1050 earlier, implementing from 30th April 2020.
Please shed some light on this.
Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Silvyism
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I have a question regarding the increase of the processing fees, the jump is 50%. Im a little confused here though, it mentioned economic business class and principal applicant needs to pay $1575 which was $1050 earlier, implementing from 30th April 2020.
Please shed some light on this.
Regards
Yes, fees have been increased. From last week I think

Reactions: Silvyism

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020
It's basically requesting for details of your financial assets, savings and liabilities i.e. credit card debt, mortgages, etc.

11A - all your savings and current account numbers and the current amount you have in them and any fixed deposit accounts you have.
11B - any property you have or inherited
11C - stocks and any other personal investments like bonds, etc
11D - do you have a business that's related to the stream you're applying under? If so, provide these details as well.
11E - pensions and any other assets you have that don't fall under A - D
11F & G - liabilities (debt) - CC, loans, etc

If any section doesn't apply to you, just put NA. Don't forget to include 11J, which is an explanation for how you accumulated all the money/assets in 11A - E. Hope this helps.

You may also find this link useful - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-4500-applying-permanent-residence-business-class-applicants-self-employed.html#4000E5
Hello,
Did you support the financial information with any reports from your bank accounts? In the instructions, they say that you don't need to send any supporting documents until they ask for that. But it felt strange, and I thought maybe I misunderstood something.
Thank you.

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
Hello,
Did you support the financial information with any reports from your bank accounts? In the instructions, they say that you don't need to send any supporting documents until they ask for that. But it felt strange, and I thought maybe I misunderstood something.
Thank you.
Of Course.. Self worth certificate from a reputed charted accountant with details of assets and liabilities including bank accounts, financial statements etc

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hello,
Thank you.
No, the instructions said not to include all that with the application. I just included details of all my sources of income (1 page). They requested bank statements and all of that later on. I got authenticated statements for 6 months from the banks and a statement of net worth from investments and assets and sent that in. Didn't require an accountant to do anything.

Reactions: Silvyism and NDDG

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
No, the instructions said not to include all that with the application. I just included details of all my sources of income (1 page). They requested bank statements and all of that later on. I got authenticated statements for 6 months from the banks and a statement of net worth from investments and assets and sent that in. Didn't require an accountant to do anything.
Yes.. they said not to include bulky statements with the application..

But the cost of sending these documents later and the delay in causes to the application while IRCC wait for these documents is much higher for me.. So personally I took the risk and sent almost all the documents that support my application. All that IRCC needs from me now is my Bio-metrics and Medicals,, I don't have anything else to show as proof except if they wanted updated latest documents

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Yes.. they said not to include bulky statements with the application..

But the cost of sending these documents later and the delay in causes to the application while IRCC wait for these documents is much higher for me.. So personally I took the risk and sent almost all the documents that support my application. All that IRCC needs from me now is my Bio-metrics and Medicals,, I don't have anything else to show as proof except if they wanted updated latest documents
What cost? It takes 15 minutes to scan and upload to your IRCC account. You can upload it the same day you get the email letting you know your account has been updated with a request for more information.

NDDG

Star Member
Feb 26, 2020

Thank you for the detailed reply. But first, they (the bank statements) need to be translated if they don't come in English/French, right?

ParuMani

Star Member
Feb 23, 2020
What cost? It takes 15 minutes to scan and upload to your IRCC account. You can upload it the same day you get the email letting you know your account has been updated with a request for more information.
If you need to send any documents to IRCC this is the process for me.. It costs around 80 USD to send even few sheets of printed pages..

YOU MAY SEND YOUR INFORMATION/DOCUMENT(S) BY MAIL/COURIER TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

Regular mail:
ATTN: WPL Mailroom
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada
Courier:
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Reactions: Kikjaz
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
If you need to send any documents to IRCC this is the process for me.. It costs around 80 USD to send even few sheets of printed pages..

YOU MAY SEND YOUR INFORMATION/DOCUMENT(S) BY MAIL/COURIER TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:

Regular mail:
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada
Courier:
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada
So, we can presume the process varies from country to country. However, most people are able to link their application to their IRCC account online and submit additional documentation requested online.

Reactions: comerunning19