+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Hello all,

If for example someone has 2 different job titles under one NOC.

For example, under NOC 5243 the person is a fashion designer for over 2years but the person later introduced ‘Shoe designer’ to the business . Both Fashion designer and Shoe designer are both under NOC 5243. Both she started Fashion designer business 2years ago and introduced Shoe designer just a year ago.

My question is this: Under 6A Business immigrant form, can she write both ‘’FASHION DESIGNER AND SHOE DESIGNER ‘ under NOC title and list all the job function of both Fashion designer and Shoe designer on the part of business immigrant form where one is asked to indicate number of years experience.

Bearing in mind Fashion designer experience is over 2years experience while Shoe designer which she later added to her business is just a year experience both under the same NOC

Last edited:

gmeet2010

Jul 7, 2010
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2018. @BaNana82 has been extremely helpful so far sharing his own process and timelines. I'm currently collating my documents and have the IELTS on Jan 20.

Once I receive the results, I will be sending my application in. I'm applying under 5121 - authors and writers. Though the current processing time on CIC website says 48 months, I've met several people who received responses within a year or less so don't let the time discourage you as it did me the first time I considered this in 2015.

You can find occupations that fall under self-employed category here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6.

Let's all support each other as we proceed on this journey in 2018...:)
Sir am also applying for Author/writer category.please guide me.i need your email.or contact no.please

gmeet2010

Jul 7, 2010
Great thread!
I applied under the same stream, writer/authors, and I am happy to be part of this discussion. Since I didn't have earning from my writing so I applied under the subcategory i.e. cultural activities. I got one response from London Visa office to update one of the many forms. So far I didn't send them police report . Is it mandatory to send it with the initial files. I also prepared one portfolio for my writing experience. if you like, I can share it with you. My e-mail is : nasar_peace@hotmail.com.
Regards,
Nasar
Sir am also applying for Author/writer category.please guide me.i need your email.or contact no.please

gmeet2010

Jul 7, 2010
I'm starting this thread for those who are considering sending in an application under self-employed category in 2018. @BaNana82 has been extremely helpful so far sharing his own process and timelines. I'm currently collating my documents and have the IELTS on Jan 20.

Once I receive the results, I will be sending my application in. I'm applying under 5121 - authors and writers. Though the current processing time on CIC website says 48 months, I've met several people who received responses within a year or less so don't let the time discourage you as it did me the first time I considered this in 2015.

You can find occupations that fall under self-employed category here - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=291&top=6.

am also applying for Author/writer category.please guide me.i need your email.or contact no.please

Tr1992

Dec 11, 2019
Yes it seems you love writing too much!
Man just leave your information and wait for the others to give answer
Why spam?

I hope everybody be fine and may god keep all of us healthy through this corona situation
Its been 2 months that my timeline is finished and there is not any news for me... is there anybody's case look like mine?

Mar 27, 2020

Hi, Is there any interview for self employed application ?

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I don't share my no and I'm a girl. Please ask your questions in the group and we'll try to guide you. Everything you need to submit an application has been mentioned several times with detailed links within the thread so look through those first then let us know if you get stuck somewhere.

Reactions: comerunning19

Beelin

Aug 13, 2019
Hello all,

If for example someone has 2 different job titles under one NOC.

For example, under NOC 5243 the person is a fashion designer for over 2years but the person later introduced ‘Shoe designer’ to the business . Both Fashion designer and Shoe designer are both under NOC 5243. Both she started Fashion designer business 2years ago and introduced Shoe designer just a year ago.

My question is this: Under 6A Business immigrant form, can she write both ‘’FASHION DESIGNER AND SHOE DESIGNER ‘ under NOC title and list all the job function of both Fashion designer and Shoe designer on the part of business immigrant form where one is asked to indicate number of years experience.

Bearing in mind Fashion designer experience is over 2years experience while Shoe designer which she later added to her business is just a year experience both under the same NOC
Please I would appreciate a guide and answer to the above question. ANYONE PLEASE

vs587

Aug 29, 2018
FINALLY..
My journey is almost over.. Received COPR on 15th March... Now the last step, landing, is what left.
This forum Self-Employed 2018 really helped me.
Here is the overview of final timeline

NOC 5131
Started immigration preparation in March 2018.
Sent File in June 2018
File Received: July 2018
AOR: August 2018
Interview Request: October 2019 (Delhi Visa Office)
Medical Request and Pre-Arrival: October 2019
Medical Passed: November 2019
Passport Request & COPR : March 2020

Summary: My journey was very much unpredictable. However, I did my best. Went through previous cases, studied and prepared file accordingly. For this particular category, Immigration agent was not much help except preparing and organising file.

Suggestion: For this kind of file, you should go for immigration lawyer. And applicant need to be prepared for interview. Be honest about everything. Don’t be dependent on agent.

I wish best for each and everyone in this forum..

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
FINALLY..
My journey is almost over.. Received COPR on 15th March... Now the last step, landing, is what left.
This forum Self-Employed 2018 really helped me.
Here is the overview of final timeline

NOC 5131
Started immigration preparation in March 2018.
Sent File in June 2018
File Received: July 2018
AOR: August 2018
Interview Request: October 2019 (Delhi Visa Office)
Medical Request and Pre-Arrival: October 2019
Medical Passed: November 2019
Passport Request & COPR : March 2020

Summary: My journey was very much unpredictable. However, I did my best. Went through previous cases, studied and prepared file accordingly. For this particular category, Immigration agent was not much help except preparing and organising file.

Suggestion: For this kind of file, you should go for immigration lawyer. And applicant need to be prepared for interview. Be honest about everything. Don’t be dependent on agent.

I wish best for each and everyone in this forum..
Congratulations!
Glad you made it through the long journey.

However I would not recommend an immigration agency unless there is a complication in the application and history.

Save your money. (thousands of $) I hired one and then fired them( losing my initial payment) . I knew more than than the agency re the self employed application. Got my AOR to COPR in 3 months just applied myself...and this forum was the most helpful and informative.

------------------------------------------------------------
  • AOR: 16 Jan 2019 (Application Sent: 11 Oct 2018)
  • Biometrics: 1 Mar
  • Additional Information: 28 Feb - 15 Mar
  • Medical Request: 4 Mar
  • Medical Done: 13 Mar
  • PPR: 27 Mar
  • COPR: 17 Apr 2019
  • Landing: 7 Aug 2019