+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Amycouture

Dec 31, 2019
Please read the eligibility criteria thoroughly.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/self-employed/eligibility/selection-factors.html#adaptability

If your husband has received 12 years of full-time studies, and you cannot obtain his BSc cert for submitting with your application, you will lose 3 adaptability points.

Adaptability Maximum 6 points
Spouse or common-law partner’s level of education
  • Secondary school (high school) diploma or less: 0 points
  • A one-year diploma, trade certificate, apprenticeship, or university degree and at least 12 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies: 3 points
  • A two or three-year diploma, trade certificate, apprenticeship, or university degree and at least 14 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies: 4 points
  • A master’s degree or PhD and at least 17 years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies: 5 points

Re #1401 I think she is the primary applicant.
Thank you very much
Yes i am the primary applicant

GG88

Nov 18, 2019
Hi All!

Just wanted to share an update on my file:

I did medicals last week (Jan 27) and this Tuesday 4th my status changed to “Medicals Passed Feb 4”, also a day later (today Feb 5), the status just changed to “we are processing your BG checks”.

I’ve heard that the time it takes for BG checks to be cleared varies depending on each case, and it could take 2 weeks, 1-2 months or in some cases even more. I’m fingers crossed here that mine won’t take too long.

Anyways, just wanted to share the news with you all and if any of you have been in the process of BG checks applying from inside Canada, it would be awesome if you could please share your timeline for it :)

Thanks!!

vs587

Aug 29, 2018
Hi All!

Just wanted to share an update on my file:

I did medicals last week (Jan 27) and this Tuesday 4th my status changed to “Medicals Passed Feb 4”, also a day later (today Feb 5), the status just changed to “we are processing your BG checks”.

I’ve heard that the time it takes for BG checks to be cleared varies depending on each case, and it could take 2 weeks, 1-2 months or in some cases even more. I’m fingers crossed here that mine won’t take too long.

Anyways, just wanted to share the news with you all and if any of you have been in the process of BG checks applying from inside Canada, it would be awesome if you could please share your timeline for it :)

Thanks!!
Mine application is being processed outside of Canada, in India. I've passed the Medical on 6th November 2019. But BG check status is still the same, showing "Your application is in progress. We'll send you a message when we start you BG check"

I have some doubts about it if some one can help.
  1. Why BG check has not started?
  2. Sometime it is seen that they already started the BG check but they have not updated. Is it true?
  3. What possible query we can expect while BG Check is going on?

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018
Mine application is being processed outside of Canada, in India. I've passed the Medical on 6th November 2019. But BG check status is still the same, showing "Your application is in progress. We'll send you a message when we start you BG check"

I have some doubts about it if some one can help.
  1. Why BG check has not started?
  2. Sometime it is seen that they already started the BG check but they have not updated. Is it true?
  3. What possible query we can expect while BG Check is going on?
I don't know about number 1 and number 3 but as for number 2,YES it's possible that they started the BG check and do not update for a long time. In my case,, status changed to "we are processing BG check since September 2018, immediately after I paid for Biometrics. But no update on that till date.

Reactions: vs587

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
For years of experience, it's stated within 5 years preceding the application till the time decision is made, so if the time taken for decision to be made (from time of application)is a year, it'll add another year to years of experience?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
For years of experience, it's stated within 5 years preceding the application till the time decision is made, so if the time taken for decision to be made (from time of application)is a year, it'll add another year to years of experience?
If you have "at least two years of experience during the period starting 5 years before the day you apply and ending on the day we make a decision on your application", you are eligible for application.

GG88

Nov 18, 2019
Hi Guys and Gals, I’m glad to share with you all that after 2 years from sending the application package, and 6 years and 3 months of living in Canada. Today I just became Permanent Resident wohoo!

My timeline and a few comments:

-Application sent Feb 8, 2018
-AOR May 8, 2018
-Medicals request Jan 16 2020
-Medicals Passed Feb 4 2020
-Feb 5 I received an email inviting me to an appointment for “confirmation of permanent residency” here in Vancouver Today Feb 11 2020.

As you can see, I didn’t receive any passport request or anything between medicals and my PR. My guess is because I was already living in Canada with valid visa and work permit.

About Today’s appointment:
I had to bring with me my Passport, 2 updated photos, previous valid and expired temporary resident permits, proof of payment for PR fee, and answer a few questions to the very friendly/polite immigration officer:
1- Was I convicted for a crime or denied entry to Canada any time before?
2- Do I have any dependant in Canada or ouside Canada other than who is accompanying me to immigrate?
3- What is my current address?
4- What are the dates for my first and last entry to Canada?

That was pretty much it, after that I signed my COPR and am now waiting for my PR card to arrive in my mail in 3 to 4 weeks.

Things to mention:
-My processing time was longer than the 21 months estimated on CIC’s website if you count from the day they received my application package, however, it was processed in exactly 21 months after AOR.
-After they sent me medicals request, everything else happened so fast! I was so surprised as I was prepared myself to wait for a few more months after medicals, so I have the feeling that my application was just in line and once they got to it they did they thing so fast thanks God!
-Although I’m already PR, the status of my application online hasn’t been updated and it still shows Background Check in process. So it seems like they started BG checks way before without even updating the status online. Remember that it changed from “no needed” to “we are reviewing your BG checks” the same day I received the invitation to confirmation of PR. So for all of you who are checking your status online, please be advise that it may have a delay from what you see to where your application is at.

Again, my application was all processed in Canada as I have been living here for the past years, so this may apply yo anyone applying inside Canada with a valid temporary residency permit and no matter where you are originally from.

I wish you all the best on your journeys and God willing you will end up being as happy as I am right now :)

Please do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and I’ll be more than happy to answer those I know from my experience.

God bless you all!!!

Sunnyblue100

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hi Guys and Gals, I’m glad to share with you all that after 2 years from sending the application package, and 6 years and 3 months of living in Canada. Today I just became Permanent Resident wohoo!

-AOR May 8, 2018
-Feb 5 I received an email inviting me to an appointment for “confirmation of permanent residency” here in Vancouver Today Feb 11 2020.

As you can see, I didn’t receive any passport request or anything between medicals and my PR. My guess is because I was already living in Canada with valid visa and work permit.

I had to bring with me my Passport, 2 updated photos, previous valid and expired temporary resident permits, proof of payment for PR fee, and answer a few questions to the very friendly/polite immigration officer:
2- Do I have any dependant in Canada or ouside Canada other than who is accompanying me to immigrate?

That was pretty much it, after that I signed my COPR and am now waiting for my PR card to arrive in my mail in 3 to 4 weeks.

Things to mention:
-My processing time was longer than the 21 months estimated on CIC’s website if you count from the day they received my application package, however, it was processed in exactly 21 months after AOR.
-After they sent me medicals request, everything else happened so fast! I was so surprised as I was prepared myself to wait for a few more months after medicals, so I have the feeling that my application was just in line and once they got to it they did they thing so fast thanks God!
-Although I’m already PR, the status of my application online hasn’t been updated and it still shows Background Check in process. So it seems like they started BG checks way before without even updating the status online. Remember that it changed from “no needed” to “we are reviewing your BG checks” the same day I received the invitation to confirmation of PR. So for all of you who are checking your status online, please be advise that it may have a delay from what you see to where your application is at.

God bless you all!!!
Congratulations, may our own come through on time as well

Reactions: Amos TT

Maya_Maya

Jul 9, 2018

-AOR May 8, 2018

Things to mention:

Again, my application was all processed in Canada as I have been living here for the past years, so this may apply yo anyone applying inside Canada with a valid temporary residency permit and no matter where you are originally from.

I wish you all the best on your journeys and God willing you will end up being as happy as I am right now :)

Please do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and I’ll be more than happy to answer those I know from my experience.

God bless you all!!!
Congratulations are in order

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019

-AOR May 8, 2018

Things to mention:

God bless you all!!!
Congrats!

Joy chukwu

Dec 13, 2018
N
Hi everyone
I eventually received medical request this morning. Wait and wait. It was really testing my patience.

My timeline is:
Submission: Dec. 24, 2018
AOR: March 2, 2019
Medical Request: Jan.22, 2019
Pre-Arrival invitation: Jan.22, 2019

CIC is working! You will be the next!
Now am bothered cos i submitted in August 2018, received AOR in September 2018 and since then nothing.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
N
Now am bothered cos i submitted in August 2018, received AOR in September 2018 and since then nothing.

You shouldnt be bothered, if you are Nigerian and applied in Nigeria then your application is at AVO ... they are currently swamped I guess so you're not alone

Reactions: Amos TT