+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hello,
Im a bit confused so seeking help. To my understanding, an ECA from WES or any other authorised organization isn't required while applying for Self Employed stream. Am I correct or do I need to have the ECA done? Kindly reply.
Regards
You don't need it but again, I recommend having it done. If you decide to go back to school when you move to Canada, they will ask for it. Some employers may also ask for it while carrying out background checks. However, it's not needed to submit your application.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I submitted via a Canada immigration registered consultant. I hope someone who is an experienced professionalist can help me to double-check my documents and make sure all format was correct.
That's great that you've got a reliable consultant who is at the same time familiar with SE stream :)

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
I’ve just applied Nov2019 and got file number after 26 days with requirement for biometrics. I will do the biometrics next week. Hope the process will be quick.
Wow that's fast! Was yours received in early Nov?
Coz from my understanding applications received in mid/late Nov usually get AOR in the next Feb/Mar.

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
Can anyone advise on how many months' bank statement are we expected to include? And do we include those together with the application or only when asked?

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Can anyone advise on how many months' bank statement are we expected to include? And do we include those together with the application or only when asked?
It depends on your experience. If you have 2 years experience, you should have bank statement 2 years and include it in your application.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
It depends on your experience. If you have 2 years experience, you should have bank statement 2 years and include it in your application.
Only include the documents they specifically request of you for this application. Don't waste time submitting a 10 year, 55 page business plan with all the bells and whistles, or a potted history of your banking affairs. If they want to know about any of this stuff, they'll ask you to send it.

By sending it unsolicited you risk slowing down your application while they wade through all the crap you've sent them that they don't need to make an initial assessment.

Collate the doc's by all means but don't waste the time of the intake officer or money on postage UNTIL of IF they ask you for more supporting documents.

Jenny19

May 23, 2019
Only include the documents they specifically request of you for this application. Don't waste time submitting a 10 year, 55 page business plan with all the bells and whistles, or a potted history of your banking affairs. If they want to know about any of this stuff, they'll ask you to send it.

By sending it unsolicited you risk slowing down your application while they wade through all the crap you've sent them that they don't need to make an initial assessment.

Collate the doc's by all means but don't waste the time of the intake officer or money on postage UNTIL of IF they ask you for more supporting documents.
I think we can save time if we have full documents in the application. I just share the way I prepared for my application.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
I think we can save time if we have full documents in the application. I just share the way I prepared for my application.
If it works for you great, but I think, based on the official documentation compiled by the Government of Canada that sets out EXACTLY what they want you to send them to the letter, you're just padding your application, making more work for yourself and for the end reader who is probably already swamped by applications that actually followed the guidelines...

Work smart, not hard. They tell you what they want, you're not gaming the system by giving them EVERYTHING at once, you're slowing it down.

Reactions: yinlei and Jenny19
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
6 months bank statement is more than enough plus if I remember correctly, they didn't ask for that for your application. They ask for it later on if they want to see it. Only submit what they asked for as per the checklist.

Reactions: theguv

Lchinjohn

Star Member
Nov 8, 2019
So only tax returns with application? Btw, I just checked my tax returns for past few years, one of the years in the 5 years I'm claiming for was an amended return(2016) with penalty . Do you think that'll be a problem?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thanks everyone for the valuable input.
I casually asked an immigration consultant, who said that he has handled successful SE applications whose principal applicants are private music teachers in their own countries.
But he stated multiple times that the income documents/ proof must be complete and organised. Tax should be filed and paid.
I have no further information other than the above. Just sharing for your information.