+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Afzal Khan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Hi, brothers, do I need to make payment for biometrics with the submission of a new application for federal self-employed Candian Immigration.

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Hi everyone. I am bit confused with schedule 6A form. I have filled out the total amount we have in our various accounts and written out our assets. But I got to section (I) and it states.. Total funds available for settlement in Canada.

The cash we have in the bank is no where near the required fund but our assets worth is more than enough to cover it.
1)Do we need to sell a property and have the money available or is having assets worth it good enough?
2) what should I fill in that colum as the money is not in liquid cash yet?
3) an overdue credit card that is yet to be paid, is advisable to list it under liabilities or is repayment a better option?

Reactions: Vicksy

Afzal Khan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Anyone please: Do I need to attach a copy or original police clearance certificate for the submission of my new federal self employed- federal application?

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi everyone. I am bit confused with schedule 6A form. I have filled out the total amount we have in our various accounts and written out our assets. But I got to section (I) and it states.. Total funds available for settlement in Canada.

The cash we have in the bank is no where near the required fund but our assets worth is more than enough to cover it.
1)Do we need to sell a property and have the money available or is having assets worth it good enough?
2) what should I fill in that colum as the money is not in liquid cash yet?
3) an overdue credit card that is yet to be paid, is advisable to list it under liabilities or is repayment a better option?
Settlement funds must be liquid, cannot be in assets

Declare your liabilities but be careful not to shoot yourself with how you present them

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Settlement funds must be liquid, cannot be in assets

Declare your liabilities but be careful not to shoot yourself with how you present them
@Nornor, thanks for your prompt response. I know the settlement fund must be liquid. The part that confuses me Is if I need to have the settlement fund readily available in my account before I submit my application?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Anyone please: Do I need to attach a copy or original police clearance certificate for the submission of my new federal self employed- federal application?
I found the checklist (IMM5784) and the instruction guide (IMM4500) very helpful in answering factual procedural questions.

They are downloadable here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-permanent-residence-federal-self-employed-persons-quebec-selected-self-employed-persons.html

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
@Nornor, thanks for your prompt response. I know the settlement fund must be liquid. The part that confuses me Is if I need to have the settlement fund readily available in my account before I submit my application

My opinion on this may not be popular but I’ll say it anyways. Submit everything you can with your application to avoid delays. If you truly do not have the liquid settlement funds then maybe you can send your application ahead then upload it via webform soon as you have it ready

Reactions: Jzy

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
So sorry I am asking too many questions regarding this but I really need to get it right.
Will it be acceptable to include an LOE stating that I will sell some properties to raise POF hence the non inclusion with applications

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
So sorry I am asking too many questions regarding this but I really need to get it right.
Will it be acceptable to include an LOE stating that I will sell some properties to raise POF hence the non inclusion with applications
I'd second @Nornor 's suggestion:
"you can send your application ahead then upload it via webform soon as you have it ready"

Reactions: Jzy and Nornor

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
ha! On POF IRCC says you should have settlement funds readily available. You can either wait till you have sold your properties to apply or you apply and send POF via webform but make sure you have an explanation for any lump sum that suddenly shows up in your account...this is where you need LOE. If you are sending your application without POF I see no need for the LOE, it could backfire.