+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
We received an email from the CIC and they are requesting for my spouse (my dependent) to fill out these Background Declaration form (IMM5669) and Additional Family info form (IMM5406). What does this mean? Why do they have to ask for more information re spouse.

We are just curious to find out why this has been requested. Has anyone here encountered the same scenario? Or we should have included those forms from the start? But, it wasn't written on the checklist.

Thanks in advance.

vs587

Aug 29, 2018
That is an interesting development. Though they do mention you may be called for an interview, I've never come across anyone who went in for one. Best to get all your documentation together as best as you can and be ready for any questions they may ask. What's your NOC btw?
My NOC is 5131

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
We received an email from the CIC and they are requesting for my spouse (my dependent) to fill out these Background Declaration form (IMM5669) and Additional Family info form (IMM5406). What does this mean? Why do they have to ask for more information re spouse.

We are just curious to find out why this has been requested. Has anyone here encountered the same scenario? Or we should have included those forms from the start? But, it wasn't written on the checklist.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, 5669 and 5406 need to be filled by everyone included in the application over the age of 18. This requirement is mentioned in the checklist (items 2 and 7). Don't worry, just have your spouse fill up these two forms, sign and send.

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
Yes, 5669 and 5406 need to be filled by everyone included in the application over the age of 18. This requirement is mentioned in the checklist (items 2 and 7). Don't worry, just have your spouse fill up these two forms, sign and send.

Oh yeah, you are actually right! We missed it! We reread the checklist. We did missed it! Oh well, we'll fill out the form and resend it to them the soonest as possible. Hopefully, this wouldn't be a case to deny our application. Thanks for the response.

smallcats

Sep 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently sent in my self-employed application and this forum has been very helpful for figuring out expectations for timelines and so forth. Thank you to everyone who has participated. I almost wish I had found this forum before I sent in my application (I didn’t know you needed to include all the forms that weren’t relevant with an “N/A”—I did not include IMM 0008DEP in my application because I don’t have any dependents, and I saw the advice someone linked about including a cover letter and sighed, because OBVIOUSLY I should have done that.)

I will try to leave information about my timeline/personal information to help others who follow after me.

Application received: 16 Sept. 2019
NOC: 5121
I have a very high score (94), about $130,000 CAD in liquid assets plus more in equity, but I also have one minor misdemeanor charge from when I was 19 (24 years ago, and it wasn’t for theft/assault), so I’m not sure how this will shake out.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thank you for sharing information and helping each other out!

Hola4bola

Mar 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently sent in my self-employed application and this forum has been very helpful for figuring out expectations for timelines and so forth. Thank you to everyone who has participated. I almost wish I had found this forum before I sent in my application (I didn’t know you needed to include all the forms that weren’t relevant with an “N/A”—I did not include IMM 0008DEP in my application because I don’t have any dependents, and I saw the advice someone linked about including a cover letter and sighed, because OBVIOUSLY I should have done that.)

I will try to leave information about my timeline/personal information to help others who follow after me.

I have a very high score (94), about $130,000 CAD in liquid assets plus more in equity, but I also have one minor misdemeanor charge from when I was 19 (24 years ago, and it wasn’t for theft/assault), so I’m not sure how this will shake out.

Good luck to everyone still waiting, and thank you for sharing information and helping each other out!
Good luck to you also. Wishing you all the best.

danny_234

Sep 21, 2019
I am applying under NOC 5243.theatre, fashion, exhibit and other creative designers.

Submitted in Oct 2018
Additional documents requested for in January 2019
AOR came in February 2019.
Biometrics was done in February 2019.
Nothing yet from them..
Hi, I am in same shoes as you. It appears we submitted the same time.
Submitted October 2018
AOR February 2019
Biometrics February 2019.
Nothing since. I am applying from Nigeria

Reactions: Amos TT
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
I applied to self - employed stream 18 months ago... I only got AOR, no communications since...
My noc is 5131 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations A - i am a film director.
has anyone waited this long?
While this is an unusually long wait time, it has happened before but it's rare. You should apply for GCMS notes. By the way, have you linked your application to your online profile yet?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hello everyone,

Good luck @smallcats !

Firat

Jun 30, 2018
While this is an unusually long wait time, it has happened before but it's rare. You should apply for GCMS notes. By the way, have you linked your application to your online profile yet?
I asked for the gcms notes yesterday, and I linked my profile way back, when my AOR first reached to me. Anything else I can do?

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Actually its not unusual, you are one of the few that got it their visas in record time. London Visa Officer is way faster than others... I’ve been waiting 15months now...

Reactions: Amos TT