Self-Employed Application 2018

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello,

We are now about to send our application via UPS or FedEx. Which between the 2 choices is ideal to send over our application to? And, before anything, can someone confirm on where we should address our application? Is it in Sydney, Nova Scotia? As we are quite confused as we've seen various locations indicated on the list.

Also, do we need to pay the application upon submission or shall we wait for further instructions from the CIC?

Hope we get to hear from someone that have submitted their application via this path too.

Thanks again in advance for the reply.

— Paris
Hello, you must pay for your application before submission otherwise your documents will be returned to you.

Mail your application to:

Self - Employed Class
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Thanks for your reply. In that case, do I use the UCI on the express entry pool or just leave it blank?
why not be patient and wait for one application to sail through. Don't complicate things applying for two different streams and spending extra money...my opinion.

Dymanita

Aug 20, 2019
why not be patient and wait for one application to sail through. Don't complicate things applying for two different streams and spending extra money...my opinion.
I'm already in the pool before I found out about the self employed route which I now want to focus on.

JaunRaza

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
12-08-2019
AOR Received.
12-08-1988
yes, i know, my got expired on the same date when i paid the fees, i didn't want to give IELTS again as it was not compoulsary with this stream. without IELTS i was scoring 76 points.

Let see.

Thanks and Good luck to you too.

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hello,

We are now about to send our application via UPS or FedEx. Which between the 2 choices is ideal to send over our application to? And, before anything, can someone confirm on where we should address our application? Is it in Sydney, Nova Scotia? As we are quite confused as we've seen various locations indicated on the list.

Also, do we need to pay the application upon submission or shall we wait for further instructions from the CIC?

Hope we get to hear from someone that have submitted their application via this path too.

Thanks again in advance for the reply.

— Paris
You should include the receipt for your application within your documents. I think it's one of the items on the checklist. If you send it without payment, they will return it to you.

itsmeParis

Apr 11, 2018
You should include the receipt for your application within your documents. I think it's one of the items on the checklist. If you send it without payment, they will return it to you.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this the correct page for it on paying the fees?
Link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

I just wanted to be sure that we are on the correct page or are there any other ways to pay the said fees? Are we on the right track?

—Paris

Hola4bola

Mar 7, 2019
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Is this the correct page for it on paying the fees?
Link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp

I just wanted to be sure that we are on the correct page or are there any other ways to pay the said fees? Are we on the right track?

—Paris
Kindly endeavor to pay the biometric fees at the same time because it makes things faster. I got instruction letter for biometrics same day I got my aor because I paid for everything while submitting my application.

prabh0012

Apr 4, 2019
my biometric is already done while applying for visitor visa of canada
Do i need to pay fees again for biometric and have to go in this process again ?

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Kindly endeavor to pay the biometric fees at the same time because it makes things faster. I got instruction letter for biometrics same day I got my aor because I paid for everything while submitting my application.

I agree with you. I got a letter from IRCC (on the same day I received the AOR) requesting me to pay for biometrics -- in a month. I should have paid for biometrics before sending the application.

Last edited:

Loveugod

Aug 17, 2019
My GC key account is showing:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".

"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date".

Did anybody else is also getting this kind of message?

Loveugod

Aug 17, 2019
@Loveugod we submitted the application about the same time.

- 29 Nov 2018: Submit application
- 20 Feb 2019: AOR
- 13 Mar 2019: AOR LVO
- 28 May 2019: Request for Police cert
- 10 Jul 2019: Submit Police cert (takes me a while to get PC from 2 different countries)

Now waiting for the next step. Most probably medical check or maybe(hopefully) passport request :D
@Grey_Hatz, yes it's almost similar timeline. As per IRCC, any foreign national who want to become permanent resident of Canada must undergo a medical examination. So, we should consider medicals is a very much part of PR process. Wishing we both will get medical request soon...

Reactions: Grey_Hatz

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
My GC key account is showing:

"We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you".

"You may not hear from us for a little while, this is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date".

Did anybody else is also getting this kind of message?

Mine shows:

“We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.”

Details about your application status

· “We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.”

· “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”

· “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.”

ammar2019

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
“In 2018, the overall refusal rate of study permit applications was 34%. Refusal rates vary significantly by country. Japan for example, had a refusal rate of only 1%. The top three source countries of study permits also had refusal rates below the average; India at 29%, China at 17% and Korea at only 2%. Other countries did not fare as well; Pakistan’s refusal rate was 80%, Nigeria’s 81% and Ghana’s a whopping 89%.”

Source:

https://ronaleecareylaw.ca/newsletter-archive