27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi,

I got a question over NOC PHOTOGRAPHER

It reads as the heading -

522 Photographers, graphic arts technicians and technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts

Mentioned on the page.

So does it means that if I am a photographer, then I must be hired in motion pictures, broadcasting and other performing arts.

Please clarify.

Thanks.
I dont know if this was already answered, but no, you can just be a self employed photographer...and there is a sub-category under NOC 522:

Code
Unit group
5221 Photographers
Photographers
5222 Film and video camera operators Film and video camera operators
5223 Graphic arts technicians Graphic arts technicians
5224 Broadcast technicians Broadcast technicians
5225 Audio and video recording technicians Audio and video recording technicians
5226 Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts Other technical and co-ordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
5227 Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts Support occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and the performing arts

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hi everyone

I have a question regarding NOC codes for the self employment application. What do you do if more than one code applies to you?

For example, my primary code as a video editor would be 5225 (Audio and video recording technicians) but my experience and other services I offer in my self employed capacity also include:

5221 Photographers
5222 Film and video camera operators
5223 Graphic arts technicians

So my question is, can you apply with multiple NOC codes? Or do I select 1 primary and mention the other NOC codes that apply to me in my application? Or do I only mention the primary and ignore the others?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Also, if anyone with the same (or similar) NOC codes has received their COPR or is currently in the application process, I’d love to hear from you! :)
Apply with the strongest NOC code - not just your skill level, but portfolio you can show, income you have earned, letter of references from clients for that particular NOC code. Anything to make your application stronger. So choose one.

Reactions: Nornor

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
"BaNana82, thanks a lot for your reply. your advice is very useful and will follow. yes, I am a fashion designer with specialization in leather gmts and accessories but I still have few queries please help me to get info on below mentioned points :

1) How will I describe the jobs and duties in my application as they have clearly mentioned self written jobs and duties are not accepted.

2)Also regarding world class if I have worked buyers from American and European countries will it help me to prove this point?

3). if I am full time working in an orgaization and not a self employed professional can I still apply?

hope you will send me your feedback and help me to accomplish my goal. Thanks & Regards Smeesha
Being self-employed is an important criteria for this application stream. CIC wants to see if you can be self sufficient when you get to Canada - and not look for a job. Working in a company will mean you can apply through the Express Entry stream.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
In Schedule 6A, in Personal Net Worth Section, include all the bank accounts and balances you want to be used to calculate your network.

Same for Real Estate and Business.

The form is very straightforward.

If there is anything in the form which is unclear, please do share.
There's one thing that I can't find any info on: Question 12D - Business Details. I am self employed and as such I am my business; in that respect I don't have any Book/Net Assets Value to speak of. It's just me, myself and I (and what I know how to do...) Any thoughts on how to fill this question out to avoid getting the forms sent back?

Thanks, Jack.

BaNana82

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
Being self-employed is an important criteria for this application stream. CIC wants to see if you can be self sufficient when you get to Canada - and not look for a job. Working in a company will mean you can apply through the Express Entry stream.
No Jim you DO NOT need to be self employed to apply for this program. IRCC's own literature gives the opportunity to people who have "taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level". I myself immigrated without having been self employed before.

Reactions: Nornor

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Now I'm getting so confused about IELTS. ( or TEF)
Is there any difinitive way to find out whether a langauge test is needed or not?

I understand you do need it if you are claiming points for language. But if you dont need the points?
It's not "needed" but if you're not a native English speaker or you're from a country where English is maybe the 3rd of 4th language spoken there, adding in your IELTS or TEF results can only help to show the visa officer that your grasp of ONE of their national languages is sufficient to keep you alive when you get there.

You don't need it, but why not do it and send it? It's not going to hurt your application and more than likely it's going to help it.

Reactions: AnaBotha

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
There's one thing that I can't find any info on: Question 12D - Business Details. I am self employed and as such I am my business; in that respect I don't have any Book/Net Assets Value to speak of. It's just me, myself and I (and what I know how to do...) Any thoughts on how to fill this question out to avoid getting the forms sent back?

Thanks, Jack.
Anything that helps you get/sustain business is your asset. E.g. For a graphic designer its his/her computer/equipment... Car used for said business. Etc... So might add up to not much business networth... but its there.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
It's not "needed" but if you're not a native English speaker or you're from a country where English is maybe the 3rd of 4th language spoken there, adding in your IELTS or TEF results can only help to show the visa officer that your grasp of ONE of their national languages is sufficient to keep you alive when you get there.

You don't need it, but why not do it and send it? It's not going to hurt your application and more than likely it's going to help it.
Agreed....
Yes definitely helps... Eventhough not required.... I would still say do your ielts and submit a strong application...

Hoda_Egypt

Jul 16, 2019
Hello,

1) Could someone kindly detail from their experience the supporting documents needed to prove experience and ability to earn as a self-employed person?
2) And do I need to seek letters of interest from Canadian institutions as potential clients?
3) Do freelance tasks (translation & article writing) with overseas/international clients qualify as world-class level? And if those tasks will continue normally even after I travel to Canada, meaning I'll have work covered, do I still need to submit a business plan?

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
Hello people,
I am very much new here. I found I can apply for Self Employed visa as from 8 years, I am on my own. I have total of 18 years of work experience in creative design/graphic design. Out of 100, If I can get 8 in IELTS, I will have 101 total (If I am counting perfectly).
Please if anyone can let me know the possibilities, timeline, and possible if I can do on my own without an agent.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello people,
I am very much new here. I found I can apply for Self Employed visa as from 8 years, I am on my own. I have total of 18 years of work experience in creative design/graphic design. Out of 100, If I can get 8 in IELTS, I will have 101 total (If I am counting perfectly).
Please if anyone can let me know the possibilities, timeline, and possible if I can do on my own without an agent.
Thanks in advance.
Hello, I think you should start from the very first page of this group to get most of your answers. 100 is the highest score you can get for this stream by the way...

Reactions: pintuthakkar

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra

Original IELTS test report form is listed as one of the documents on the checklist for this stream, it is therefore NEEDED!

pintuthakkar

Apr 22, 2015
Hello, I think you should start from the very first page of this group to get most of your answers. 100 is the highest score you can get for this stream by the way...
Thanks for your reply. This is how I mostly will get the score -
18 years of work experience in Graphic Design including 7 years of my own business of Graphic Design. Diploma in Fine Arts. Last IELTS score - 7.5. Wife's score - 6. Sister in Canada. Age - 40 of both of us.

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Reactions: pintuthakkar