+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hi,

When you get AOR you will be required to link your account and the benefit is for quicker communication between CIC and applicant. Yes it makes sending updated documents easier too.
Thank you, Nornor. Would the instructions to the linking process be in the AOR?

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hi Everyone,

Wondering if you can help with some answers. I applied for the Federal Self-Employed Program and below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 3, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received. (that info got updated on December 2018)
Now, I applied thru a law firm in Canada but I am currently residing on US. We submitted medicals right on the month of December but since that, the status hasn't changed. Is anyone aware how the order of this works because I see some people saying that they wouldn't request Medicals if the paperwork wasn't cleared but some other people say that they still have to go thru background/paperwork processing...? Since Medicals "technically" have a valid time of a year, could they make that request again at the end of this process? Is anyone have a familiar timeline and what should I expect from CIC at this point?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank You.
It can take up to 3 months but email CiC for an update immdiately!

Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-11-2018
LANDED..........
15-04-2019
Hi Everyone,

Wondering if you can help with some answers. I applied for the Federal Self-Employed Program and below is my timeline:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on December 29, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on December 3, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received. (that info got updated on December 2018)
Now, I applied thru a law firm in Canada but I am currently residing on US. We submitted medicals right on the month of December but since that, the status hasn't changed. Is anyone aware how the order of this works because I see some people saying that they wouldn't request Medicals if the paperwork wasn't cleared but some other people say that they still have to go thru background/paperwork processing...? Since Medicals "technically" have a valid time of a year, could they make that request again at the end of this process? Is anyone have a familiar timeline and what should I expect from CIC at this point?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank You.
What Nornor said. That's a really long time between medical and the next update. Most people get an update within a few weeks of medicals passed. Does it show medicals passed? Or just medical results received? Either way, definitely email them. If your medicals and police certificate (s) expires before they make a decision, you will have to go through it all again.

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Hello.. any idea when they ask for biometric fee
Incase you havent paid already with your application, you will pay when you go for the biometrics to VFS

Reactions: Nornor

Taoufikk77

Mar 6, 2018
Morocco
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
IELTS Request
08-10-2017
Hello,
After receiving this mail ( self employed program)
Dear Sir/Madam,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by our visa office in Rabat.
We assume now responsibility for the processing of your application to its conclusion. All correspondence must therefore be addressed to the visa office in Rabat, Morocco by mail in the case of original or certified documents, or by e-mail for the rest of the documents/information.
Please could you explain what does it mean and what’s the next step please?

Nornor

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Hello,
After receiving this mail ( self employed program)
Dear Sir/Madam,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by our visa office in Rabat.
We assume now responsibility for the processing of your application to its conclusion. All correspondence must therefore be addressed to the visa office in Rabat, Morocco by mail in the case of original or certified documents, or by e-mail for the rest of the documents/information.
Please could you explain what does it mean and what’s the next step please?
It means your file has been transferred from Sydney to Morroco where it will be processed. Timeline will largely depend on traffic of applications in that area and of course how straight forward your application is too. Next step ideally should be biometrics request then medicals...

All the best.

Reactions: Taoufikk77

Hola4bola

Mar 7, 2019
Hi everyone, processing time is now 23months for self employed. I intend to submit my application in May, after my Ielts which comes up at the end of April..

prabh0012

Apr 4, 2019
This is the only discussion i have found in forum for self employed entry
Thgank you for starting it
My question is Do we need to fill the FORM OF SCHEDULE 5 (DECLARATION OF INTENT TO RESIDE IN QUEBEC )
@leavingonajetplane2016 can i pm you if you don't mind

Reactions: Sunnyblue100

prabh0012

Apr 4, 2019
do we need to send this form of schedule 5 too
along with other form

if we appllying through federal self employed