+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How dangerous? What do you mean? Does that mean this is the end of it? We are given 30 days to defend our case.
This is the exact message we received from the email,
“After careful assessment of the documents presented with the application, I am not satisfied that you meet
the above definition. Specifically, I am not satisfied that your intended self-employment activity will make
a significant contribution to a specified economic activity (cultural) in Canada.”
What is your NOC? What did you show that your field will be a cultural benefit to Canada?

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
it's not bad news, not the end.
the way I see it is that they still want you, just have one slight concern about the significant contribution to Canada.
Be positive, do your best to reply then you will be fine.
This is easy guy. All what the visa officer is asking you is to convince him that your chosen profession will make significant impact to the canadain culture. Make some research and keep open mind. It will all be fine. You can't come this far only to lose hope at the end. If I may what's profession and stream did you apply on? Some of us can help out. Good luck

Reactions: Hemeda

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
Dear, I am sorry for the bad news. Don't lose hope fight till the end and try to prove your efficient role to the Canadian economy. Did they ask for medical exam? Or they send you the letter without Medical Exam!
Thank you. Yes, we'll still try to submit any additional documents which we think can support our self-employed application. We haven't had any medical exam and yes, they sent us the letter without the medical request.

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
it's not bad news, not the end.
the way I see it is that they still want you, just have one slight concern about the significant contribution to Canada.
Be positive, do your best to reply then you will be fine.
Yes, we'll be sending them a response sooner and try convincing the CIC personnel (hopefully they'll be convinced though?) that our application is relevant. Thank you for the word of encouragement!

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
What is your NOC? What did you show that your field will be a cultural benefit to Canada?
NOC 5241 (Graphic Designer (Self-employed CIC Site) Been self-employed since 2007. Clients are from the NY USA, Guam USA, Canada, etc., and accepting clients locally (home country). And, have never gone back to the office workforce ever since. We basically sent them our application form, AOR, and then, got a response that we need to add more supporting documents which we did, after, biometrics were requested, and complied with. then, here, the Pandemic began. Waited for 3 years... and, that's the latest news we got!

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
NOC 5241 (Graphic Designer (Self-employed CIC Site) Been self-employed since 2007. Clients are from the NY USA, Guam USA, Canada, etc., and accepting clients locally (home country). And, have never gone back to the office workforce ever since. We basically sent them our application form, AOR, and then, got a response that we need to add more supporting documents which we did, after, biometrics were requested, and complied with. then, here, the Pandemic began. Waited for 3 years... and, that's the latest news we got!
The VO might just want to know how you will actually contribute to the economy. Did you fill in your assets (bank statements, properties etc.) This might help as they want to see if you are just "passing by" or actually earning a good living. Also, I submitted a 1 pager where I told them where and how I get my clients - for e.g. I am on retainer, along with a brief portfolio with client locations, along with letters of reference from the client.
any and all documentation/explanation that adds weight to your case and that you will be an amazing contributor to the Canadian economy and hopefully provide future jobs etc..
Also if you are registered company send them your license. I know none of this is "required" but I sent them everything, even things that they didnot want. just to build up my case - case objective: "That I am an experienced self-employed graphic designer and I will contribute to the Canadian economy"
Which country did you apply from (home country)?

Ishiugo

May 30, 2023
After 4 years and six months of waiting, I finally got a medical request today. Submitted Nov. 27, 2018; AOR Feb. 13, 2019; Biometrics, Feb. 19, 2019. Then a long silence until now. We seem to be making some progress at last!

Reactions: Taylah

Jzy

Aug 28, 2019
Hello everyone, is refund for RPRF automatic when application is refused? And how long does it take to get the money into my account, I paid with my bank card. Do I need to request the refund or will it be processed automatically after the refusal?
Sadly my application was refused after 3 years of waiting.
Please someone with the knowledge should share.
Thanks.

All the best guys

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hello everyone, is refund for RPRF automatic when application is refused? And how long does it take to get the money into my account, I paid with my bank card. Do I need to request the refund or will it be processed automatically after the refusal?
Thanks.

All the best guys
So sorry to hear that. I don’t have an answer for you unfortunately. What was your NOC and from which country did you apply? Did they give you a reason?

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Thanks.

All the best guys
Sorry to hear that after 3 years you got refused, you have paid the RPRF along with your application when submitted? Did you make medical and biometrics? What was your NOC.