+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

tanyaviola

Sep 28, 2020
Hello @tanyaviola, we applied August 2019. We received AOR, we did the biometrics. And that’s it! No updates nor words after that. We sent them an email re status inquiry what we got is just a generic response.
Oh ok. I just assumed since you posted in the 2018 forum, you applied then. Still….this is not good news. Hope you hear something soon.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Need to ask this question here too. After getting PR and registering your business in canada, will the time spent outside canada working on same field and possibly paying tax on income received be counted as period spent within the 5yrs of expiry of PR status b4 citizenship?
Honest answers pls

jimshady

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16 Jan 2019
Med's Request
4 Mar 2019
Med's Done....
12 Mar 2019
Passport Req..
27 Mar 2019
VISA ISSUED...
17 Apr 2019
LANDED..........
8 Aug 2019
Need to ask this question here too. After getting PR and registering your business in canada, will the time spent outside canada working on same field and possibly paying tax on income received be counted as period spent within the 5yrs of expiry of PR status b4 citizenship?
Honest answers pls
No you have to be physically present IN Canada - siimlar situation have a registered corp. work/income from outside, however when I filed citizenship application they only count days WITHIN Canada - regardless of work/income/taxation etc.

Reactions: dsgn

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
No you have to be physically present IN Canada - siimlar situation have a registered corp. work/income from outside, however when I filed citizenship application they only count days WITHIN Canada - regardless of work/income/taxation etc.
you r a legend, time line is perfect.

dsgn

Star Member
Oct 30, 2020
Wow! Seriously. Thanks

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
Oh ok. I just assumed since you posted in the 2018 forum, you applied then. Still….this is not good news. Hope you hear something soon.
Hello everyone! Giving out an update. We literally just received a letter coming from CIC they are requesting for us to submit an additional letter or as they call it, "Procedural Fairness" and in short, DENIED! We'll try to submit a letter with more explaining what to do and will wait for the final decision after 30 days. Thank you everyone!

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
Hello everyone! Giving out an update. We literally just received a letter coming from CIC they are requesting for us to submit an additional letter or as they call it, "Procedural Fairness" and in short, DENIED! We'll try to submit a letter with more explaining what to do and will wait for the final decision after 30 days. Thank you everyone!
After 3 years wait, which program did you apply under? SUV or Self employed?
Could you also share the idea on how you are explaining so we may also try to avoid the same issue

robinsteve

Aug 29, 2021
Dude, you have to get the GCMS notes ASAP. Procedural Fairness letter is very dangerous.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does your PFL say? Did you get a ban? Post what it says but you may want to hire a Canadian immigrations lawyer if you are dealing with a 5 year ban too.

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
Dude, you have to get the GCMS notes ASAP. Procedural Fairness letter is very dangerous.
How dangerous? What do you mean? Does that mean this is the end of it? We are given 30 days to defend our case.
This is the exact message we received from the email,
“After careful assessment of the documents presented with the application, I am not satisfied that you meet
the above definition. Specifically, I am not satisfied that your intended self-employment activity will make
a significant contribution to a specified economic activity (cultural) in Canada.”

iamparis

Jul 19, 2018
After 3 years wait, which program did you apply under? SUV or Self employed?
Could you also share the idea on how you are explaining so we may also try to avoid the same issue
Yeah, 3 years of waiting! But, it’s totally fine. It is more about the mindset. Imagine, 1st year we are waiting for it hoping the result come out positive. On our 2nd year we are already accepting the fact that this might not be for us as the result is taking longer. And, on the 3rd year, we tried getting it out in our system. Moving towards with our other plans, our Plan B - Z applied without Canada in it. :)

Mayakassem

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Category........
BUSINESS
Yeah, 3 years of waiting! But, it’s totally fine. It is more about the mindset. Imagine, 1st year we are waiting for it hoping the result come out positive. On our 2nd year we are already accepting the fact that this might not be for us as the result is taking longer. And, on the 3rd year, we tried getting it out in our system. Moving towards with our other plans, our Plan B - Z applied without Canada in it. :)
Dear, I am sorry for the bad news. Don't lose hope fight till the end and try to prove your efficient role to the Canadian economy. Did they ask for medical exam? Or they send you the letter without Medical Exam!

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022
How dangerous? What do you mean? Does that mean this is the end of it? We are given 30 days to defend our case.
This is the exact message we received from the email,
“After careful assessment of the documents presented with the application, I am not satisfied that you meet
the above definition. Specifically, I am not satisfied that your intended self-employment activity will make
a significant contribution to a specified economic activity (cultural) in Canada.”
it's not bad news, not the end.
the way I see it is that they still want you, just have one slight concern about the significant contribution to Canada.
Be positive, do your best to reply then you will be fine.