+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Self-Employed Application 2018

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your help. First of all, I was in touch with a guy from Cohen Immigration Law and he told me that they do not deal with Judicial Review cases, they only process GCMS notes. Secondly, I noted that they charge a lot. May I have details of a lawyer who deals with Judicial Review? Thanks
Oh I see. I do not know any specific referrals myself other than those from Google.

Alternatively, try to find some allowed appeal cases and see who represented the appellants.

For example:

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2020/2020fc151/2020fc151.html
Me Emile Jean Barakat

https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2019/2019fc764/2019fc764.html
Max Chaudhary

Afzal Khan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019

frtbkr

Mar 11, 2022
It has been 3 years 8 months 16 days... Honestly, this is absurd.

The last message I got from IRCC is asking for my common-law partner documents and 1 month after the "We got your documents" email. This feels like a joke... My application is processed in Poland which probably now prioritizes the Ukraine situation. I asked for GCMS a few days ago but I feel like I will just go try with another stream.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: comerunning19

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Hi dear friends
Unfortunately I got my refusal letter today
The reason was I didn’t meet the minimum work experience which is not true because I had more than 5 years of work experience and I’ve documented almost 100 of my project contracts
I also had the maximum points based on point calculation system so it was really disappointing
Wish you guys the best!
hii Hadis, are you self employed or you have job in culture activity can you please share some of your file

harpreetbhatti

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
hello guys i am confused on form 6A in section of J. Can any one help me for this
J
ACCUMULATION OF FUNDS

You must submit with your application a narrative document bearing your signature and describing how your present financial resources, both family and business, were accumulated. Do not provide supporting documents with the narrative. If necessary, you will be requested to provide supporting documents later on in the process. This document could, for example, present information on the following points:
- Employment income: date, amount and source for each year of employment;
- Business income: amount accumulated while the applicant managed the business as well as dates the business was in operation, share of distributed profits and accumulated profits;
- Investment income: shares, units, bonds (date and purchase price, sale price and current market value), interest, dividends, capital gains (date, amount and source);
- Dates and amounts of each investment made;
- Cumulative gains on personal assets: real estate (date and purchase price, sale price and current market value), other;
- Inheritance, donations and non-bank loans: date, amount and source, accompanied by documents confirming:
· the identity of the donor and/or lender and his financial capacity to give or lend;
· the transfer of sums borrowed and their complete or partial repayment.

UserNameChris

Sep 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

Just have a couple quick questions.

1. Did anyone ever received update on their online account without getting an email?
2. If yes, did it ever happened on weekends?

Reason i ask is because since i was able to link my app to an online account i've been checking it only like 16 millions times a day.

Maybe there is no point in doing so.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Cheers

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi Guys,

Just have a couple quick questions.

1. Did anyone ever received update on their online account without getting an email?
2. If yes, did it ever happened on weekends?

Reason i ask is because since i was able to link my app to an online account i've been checking it only like 16 millions times a day.

Maybe there is no point in doing so.

Thanks in advance for your replies

Cheers
You WILL receive an email notification whenever there is a new message from IRCC.

I've been there so I totally understand your excessive logins every day, and I know it's very difficult to leave it.
My humble suggestion is: try to limit your login to twice a day, then once a day, and every 2 days, every 3 days, once a week, and eventually go back to live your life as if nothing has happened.

It took a few months for me to get to the point where I've almost forgotten about the application, then the next steps popped up shortly after.

HTH.

UserNameChris

Sep 21, 2020
You WILL receive an email notification whenever there is a new message from IRCC.

I've been there so I totally understand your excessive logins every day, and I know it's very difficult to leave it.
My humble suggestion is: try to limit your login to twice a day, then once a day, and every 2 days, every 3 days, once a week, and eventually go back to live your life as if nothing has happened.

It took a few months for me to get to the point where I've almost forgotten about the application, then the next steps popped up shortly after.

HTH.
Thanks for your quick reply,
I kind a thought this may be the case, just didn't want to miss anything and delay the process even more.
As for limiting the number of daily logins it's easier said than done :) , but you are right somebody else also said that update will come when you least expect it.

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Thanks for your quick reply,
I kind a thought this may be the case, just didn't want to miss anything and delay the process even more.
As for limiting the number of daily logins it's easier said than done :) , but you are right somebody else also said that update will come when you least expect it.
I totally understand and still remember how I felt in those days full of uncertainties. It's ok.
Just be aware of your feelings and think about breaking the pattern when you are too stressed out or when you are just tired.

All the best to everyone.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I received a bizarre 'Request Letter' from IRCC today. This is what it said -

Dear client,
This is in reference to your application for temporary or permanent residence in Canada.
This letter is to inform you that we have received your e-mail and understand that you would like to submit additional documentation to your file.
As your application is currently linked to your IRCC secure account, we are sending this request letter to allow you to upload your documents directly to your file. This will allow our office to focus on processing applications in a timely manner.

But the fact is that I have not made any such requests to upload any new document. I am just waiting for the next steps after clearing my medical exams on Feb 17. Has anyone else had the experience of receiving such a letter? I am not sure what to do now because the application status now shows 'Your action is required' instead of what it was showing earlier - 'Received / Processing'. The ball seems to be unfairly in my court right now, when I didn't ask for it.

Palamon

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
So a second development after the above. My application status changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'. This is on the portal which is updated daily, not on the one where you log in with your GC Key. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive PPR after the status has changed to 'Decision Made'? We have cleared our medicals.

MinhAnh

Dec 16, 2020
So a second development after the above. My application status changed from 'In Process' to 'Decision Made'. This is on the portal which is updated daily, not on the one where you log in with your GC Key. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to receive PPR after the status has changed to 'Decision Made'? We have cleared our medicals.
Mine the same. After 10 days they sent email confirming that they have approved our application and is going to issue visa. A week passed by I am waiting for CoPR and passport request now.