+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seems to be in trouble, please help..

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
My husband appiled for SINP, my open work permit is expiring Mar 30, 2018. If he gets SINP approval, how can I extend my stay.( I have already applied for a visitor status).

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
My husband appiled for SINP, my open work permit is expiring Mar 30, 2018. If he gets SINP approval, how can I extend my stay.( I have already applied for a visitor status).
If your husband approved for SINP as skilled worker (NOC O, A, B) you will get open work permit as a dependent for 2-years.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
H

He works as a GSA which is NOC C, that's why we are searching for more ways to extend stay
Then your only option is to change your status to visitor but that's only temporarily and will have to leave once 6 months is up . Unless you want to apply for a study permit and attend school while your PR is processing but it will be costly as you'll have to pay international school fees.

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
Then your only option is to change your status to visitor but that's only temporarily and will have to leave once 6 months is up . Unless you want to apply for a study permit and attend school while your PR is processing but it will be costly as you'll have to pay international school fees.
Thank you very much for your reply. Somebody told me that once my husband gets SINP, I can extend my stay as a Worker. Is that true?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you very much for your reply. Somebody told me that once my husband gets SINP, I can extend my stay as a Worker. Is that true?
Only your husband as the principal applicant can extend his work permit. As his dependent, if his job is in NOC 0,A or B then you can apply for a open work permit. But since his NOC is C, then you are not eligible for a open work permit.

How did you get your first open work permit?

ReshmiNithin

Mar 13, 2018
Only your husband as the principal applicant can extend his work permit. As his dependent, if his job is in NOC 0,A or B then you can apply for a open work permit. But since his NOC is C, then you are not eligible for a open work permit.

How did you get your first open work permit?
He came here as a student, and after his arrival, he applied for my open work permit.