NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Brief overview of what "I know":
When you received the PPR email, you will need to send your PASSPORT to VO.
From there it will return to you along with a copy of COPR and a PR VISA(One Time Entry), if you are from a Non Visa-Exempt country.
The One Time Entry Visa will be used for the Landing process, where you will Activate or sign your COPR in front of Immigration Officer at the point of Entry.
You will be issued a new SIN number and you can apply for PR CARD. You are PR now.

Question:
Is there something wrong in this scenario or anything i understand incorrectly?

Does this flow of scenario also applies to CEC-Inland Application?(YES or NO)

If NO, what could be the differences?

If YES, as someone who is already in CANADA.
Is there a problem if I fly/leave CANADA and fly back using the one time entry VISA and perform the landing process at the point of entry(airport), instead of doing the walk-in landing process CEC inland applicant usually do?

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Don’t worry, when time comes, you will be an expert of this.
What do you mean when the time comes? Please elaborate.
I am asking because I want to know and learn if my plan is possible with no complications. To confirm and make sure I'm not working on assumptions.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Brief overview of what "I know":
When you received the PPR email, you will need to send your PASSPORT to VO.
From there it will return to you along with a copy of COPR and a PR VISA(One Time Entry), if you are from a Non Visa-Exempt country.
The One Time Entry Visa will be used for the Landing process, where you will Activate or sign your COPR in front of Immigration Officer at the point of Entry.
You will be issued a new SIN number and you can apply for PR CARD. You are PR now.

Question:
Is there something wrong in this scenario or anything i understand incorrectly? If the service canada booth is closed during your landing you will have to go to a service canada office in order to get your SIN.

Does this flow of scenario also applies to CEC-Inland Application?(YES or NO)

Yes.

If NO, what could be the differences?

If YES, as someone who is already in CANADA.
Is there a problem if I fly/leave CANADA and fly back using the one time entry VISA and perform the landing process at the point of entry(airport), instead of doing the walk-in landing process CEC inland applicant usually do?

No issue.
Answers in blue

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Answers in blue
Thank you very much @DelPiero07.

I'm was just concerned about this for i have booked flights in the future. I read a lot of threads with related scenario so I summed it up.
If everything works well or my current application is approved, i need to prepare for it.
I have TRV and from what I know this will be invalid once a person receives a COPR. The thing is COPR is not a valid travel document(by air).
If I do the landing process inside Canada, the PR card takes several weeks or a month and I wont be able to travel freely.

Additional question: Would you know how long is the expiration of a PR visa (one time entry)? One month or a year maybe?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
I have TRV and from what I know this will be invalid once a person receives a COPR.
Incorrect. Before you complete the landing formality, you remain a temporary resident and your TRV remains valid.

Would you know how long is the expiration of a PR visa (one time entry)? One month or a year maybe?.
It's usually valid for one year from the date of your medical. Or valid till the expiration date of your passport if it's closer.

Reactions: mcaranay

canadiandream2019

Aug 26, 2019
Would you want to share your experience?

I am in the same boat as you now and got to know that I can book an appointment in local CIC office to get COPR issued.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Would you want to share your experience?

I am in the same boat as you now and got to know that I can book an appointment in local CIC office to get COPR issued.
The appointment with the local CIC office is not to get your COPR issued. It's to land and become a PR after your COPR is issued.