+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seeking Employment in Quebec

engadnan2012

Apr 15, 2017
Hi. This question is for those currently residing in any part of Quebec. Since it is primarily a French speaking area, what are the options of part-time employment for those who can't speak French but are fluent in English

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hi. This question is for those currently residing in any part of Quebec. Since it is primarily a French speaking area, what are the options of part-time employment for those who can't speak French but are fluent in English
Chances are less than 50% to be frank it depends lot on your profession...if it is public facing profession than chances are very bleak ...

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Hi, I am working for an IT company (Montreal) and more than 80% of employees do not speak French. So... it depends
Not speaking French will not be an obstacle, especially if your working area has no relation with customers.

Reactions: Jodhgrewal88

engadnan2012

Apr 15, 2017
Hi, I am working for an IT company (Montreal) and more than 80% of employees do not speak French. So... it depends
Not speaking French will not be an obstacle, especially if your working area has no relation with customers.
Thanks for responding. I am also into IT domain ... could you recommend a few resources to search for part-time or full-time jobs?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Thanks for responding. I am also into IT domain ... could you recommend a few resources to search for part-time or full-time jobs?
If you are in IT ..then you have better job prospects .. as there are many new start-ups coming up.. whats your domain/technology ?

T-hEMK

Apr 3, 2017
Which area in IT?
To find a part time job is not that straightforward. I recommend to make a linkedin profile updated with your contact information and make it visible to public. I got a couple of interview invitations through linkedin. Also make a profile in indeed. There is also jobboom, it jobs... when you apply to jobs you really need to make an effort adapting your resume and motivation letter to the job description so you increase the prob of being selected. Take this process as a full time, I mean try to dedicate at least 8h per day just for applying. I dit the same and by the second week I started having interview invitations (many phone interviews and 3 to 4 on-site interviews per week). I finished by having 2 confirmed offers and did not continue with some others since I accepted one. Good luck

Reactions: jahid312

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Well, i am in Networking ... i am basically a researcher and mostly into SDN stuff.
Ok ,you can try applying for jobs through indeed ,dice ....

engadnan2012

Apr 15, 2017
Which area in IT?
To find a part time job is not that straightforward. I recommend to make a linkedin profile updated with your contact information and make it visible to public. I got a couple of interview invitations through linkedin. Also make a profile in indeed. There is also jobboom, it jobs... when you apply to jobs you really need to make an effort adapting your resume and motivation letter to the job description so you increase the prob of being selected. Take this process as a full time, I mean try to dedicate at least 8h per day just for applying. I dit the same and by the second week I started having interview invitations (many phone interviews and 3 to 4 on-site interviews per week). I finished by having 2 confirmed offers and did not continue with some others since I accepted one. Good luck
Thank you for the detailed response. I am highly obliged.