+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security verifications are in process for a refugee claiment inside Canada

Blacksail

Mar 12, 2016
Hello All,
As a refugee claiment in Canada. I applied for the PR along with my family on July 24, 2014. The last update on our application from the CIC is:
- Medical reports received
- Criminal verification has passed on Nov 2015
- Security verifications are in process
What are the security verifications and how long it will take?
Please I need answers. Thank you :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Security checks look into the background of everyone in your application to ensure there is no reason why you should not be admitted to Canada (e.g. member of a suspected terrorist organization). How long they take is individual to each application.

Good luck.

Blacksail

Mar 12, 2016
Thanks a lot for your reply. I provided the CIC with police certificates from Dubai (I lived there for more than 6 months) and everything was good. Is the CIC going back to Dubai for the security check and why? If so It means more and more delay in my applucation. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Blacksail said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. I provided the CIC with police certificates from Dubai (I lived there for more than 6 months) and everything was good. Is the CIC going back to Dubai for the security check and why? If so It means more and more delay in my applucation. Thank you
If you are asking if CIC performs security/background checks beyong the police certificates - the answer is yes. They do this for all immigration applications (not just refugee). The reason why is because not everything is covered in the police certificates. For instance, membership in organizations is obviously not covered in PCCs.

Aseer

Apr 1, 2016
Hi,

Can you please answer my question, if a person got approved inside canada refugee claimant. While during PR process if cic checks his criminal background and found nothing but only bank loan default cases. Now is it consider as major crime and will my PR get rejected?

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
Aseer said:
Hi,

Can you please answer my question, if a person got approved inside canada refugee claimant. While during PR process if cic checks his criminal background and found nothing but only bank loan default cases. Now is it consider as major crime and will my PR get rejected?
I believe only serious crime effact on ur pr not bank loan for sure

Ibaadat

Jan 28, 2013
Toronto
scylla said:
Security checks look into the background of everyone in your application to ensure there is no reason why you should not be admitted to Canada (e.g. member of a suspected terrorist organization). How long they take is individual to each application.

Good luck.
In case of parent's sponsorship, do criminality and security is not typically done for dependent children? I found out that criminality is in process for a parent and for dependent criminality and security not started. Is that normal course of action?

Lasso

Aug 15, 2016
Blacksail said:
Hello All,
As a refugee claiment in Canada. I applied for the PR along with my family on July 24, 2014. The last update on our application from the CIC is:
- Medical reports received
- Criminal verification has passed on Nov 2015
- Security verifications are in process
What are the security verifications and how long it will take?
Please I need answers. Thank you :)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/time-line-for-permanent-residence-application-for-refugees-t17484.4080.html

Aman82

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Hi there,
My PR application is in process and i called CIC many times ,every time they replied,,Your medical passed,,eligibility passed ,but Security check in process,,it's almost 1 year my Security checking is pending,,anybody have idea ,what they check in security verification,how long they will take..please advise
Thanks in advance