+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

security clearance in Caips notes

B

belize

Hello everyone,
My question is I don't see anywhere in caips notes about security clearance its shows sec crim _______ just blank what is that mean? security clearance still on or its over. Please suggest.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

belize said:
Hello everyone,
My question is I don't see anywhere in caips notes about security clearance its shows sec crim _______ just blank what is that mean? security clearance still on or its over. Please suggest.
If it is blank, then is still ongoing.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Belize,

Sec Crim shows - Pending

Status at top of caips says - Sec Crim.....

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
belize said:
Hello everyone,
Hi

Please note sec crim and security checks are not the same thing. Sec crim in Caips notes shows just the result of your PCC which you have submitted showing if you have any criminal record or not. But every applicant has to go through a security check which includes your immigration history and other issues to make sure that you don't pose any threat to the Canadian security. It can sometimes be a lengthy process but one thing for sure nobody is exempt from this. Hope this information is of any help.

Regards

Sunny

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyuk said:
Hi

Please note sec crim and security checks are not the same thing. Sec crim in Caips notes shows just the result of your PCC which you have submitted showing if you have any criminal record or not. But every applicant has to go through a security check which includes your immigration history and other issues to make sure that you don't pose any threat to the Canadian security. It can sometimes be a lengthy process but one thing for sure nobody is exempt from this. Hope this information is of any help.

Regards

Sunny
Sunny, what does BDEC blank mean (not 0 or 1)?

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
yukon said:
Sunny, what does BDEC blank mean (not 0 or 1)?
BDEC blank means its still pending. They enter BDEC result in the end of the processing when all background checks(Security check & verification of documents) have finished and they have made a decision +ve or -ve result of the background checks. Our applications are divided into certain sections. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule that this section need to be completed first then only they will move to next section. It all depends on the program manager which way it want to process your application. As you would have noticed from your CAIPS notes our application goes through different departments and the program manager keeps sending the file to different departments and then its returned back to him with the results. Delay from any one department ends up delaying the whole process. One more thing i have noticed is that sometimes the processing of the files are done quiet early than expected but they hold the applications if its still within the normal processing time as they have to spread the no of visas issued throughout the whole year. If you receive a reply saying your file is awaiting background review by an Immigration officer then I think you should assume that the processing of your file has been completed its just now a matter of time when they want to issue the visa according to there quota for the whole year. I am saying all this from my own experience. I am not an immigration expert and I have no intentions to be one. My only intention is to spread as much knowledge i have gained in the last 4 year by reading posts from other experts, information from different websites and combining it with my own experiences. Hope it helps.

Sunny

shibu

May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sunny

Please explain

PF:DOC PF2:NOTES PF3:MED F14:SUM F15:Foss F17:VALDATES F18:pERS INFO OR PF4

Thanks

sunnyuk

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
London UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London Uk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2007
Doc's Request.
DEC 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 2007
IELTS Request
DEC 2009
Med's Request
OCT 2010
Med's Done....
NOV 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03/08/11
VISA ISSUED...
12/08/11
LANDED..........
06/09/11
shibu said:
Dear Sunny

Please explain

PF:DOC PF2:NOTES PF3:MED F14:SUM F15:Foss F17:VALDATES F18:pERS INFO OR PF4

Thanks

Hi Shibu, these are just standard codes of the CAIPS program. It doesn't give you any information.

These codes are for the Immigration officers to access different sections of your application.

Sunny

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunnyuk said:
BDEC blank means its still pending. They enter BDEC result in the end of the processing when all background checks(Security check & verification of documents) have finished and they have made a decision +ve or -ve result of the background checks. Our applications are divided into certain sections. I don't think there is a hard and fast rule that this section need to be completed first then only they will move to next section. It all depends on the program manager which way it want to process your application. As you would have noticed from your CAIPS notes our application goes through different departments and the program manager keeps sending the file to different departments and then its returned back to him with the results. Delay from any one department ends up delaying the whole process. One more thing i have noticed is that sometimes the processing of the files are done quiet early than expected but they hold the applications if its still within the normal processing time as they have to spread the no of visas issued throughout the whole year. If you receive a reply saying your file is awaiting background review by an Immigration officer then I think you should assume that the processing of your file has been completed its just now a matter of time when they want to issue the visa according to there quota for the whole year. I am saying all this from my own experience. I am not an immigration expert and I have no intentions to be one. My only intention is to spread as much knowledge i have gained in the last 4 year by reading posts from other experts, information from different websites and combining it with my own experiences. Hope it helps.

Sunny

Thanks, this is very informative...