+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Security assessment in process!

jesephine 11

Oct 3, 2022
Does anyone know how long it will take for the security assessment to be completed after the pre-arrival letter is received? I have not heard about the background check, is that part of the security assessment?
Thanks!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone know how long it will take for the security assessment to be completed after the pre-arrival letter is received?
No, no-one knows.

I have not heard about the background check, is that part of the security assessment?
It's not clear, it probably refers to all the 'background' stuff iRCC and partners check (criminality, security, any 'does this person exist and seem to be who they say they are' verification checks the officer does, which may be minimal or may be more extensive if somethign seems not in order).

Reactions: YVR123

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your reply!
I forgot to add: don't rely on the things saying something is in process or not started or whatever. After you get the pre-arrival (at least if I remember correctly) you may not see anythign change - anything - until after you get your passport back with COPR.

Does it make sense? No, not to us. Perhaps to IRCC. Probably to their computers.

Reactions: Sonikell

REET@18

Sep 9, 2022
Does anyone know how long it will take for the security assessment to be completed after the pre-arrival letter is received? I have not heard about the background check, is that part of the security assessment?
Thanks!
Hi,
I'm in the same situation. Eligibility, Medical, criminality is passed but security check is in process.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The background checks tend to be the longest part of the PR process. It is very common not to hear anything from IRCC for many months.

Defend

Feb 9, 2022
Most likely you won't be so unlucky as we are, cause we received pre-arrival in May 2022, passed second med in June 2023, and still our security is in progress...