+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Section 16 (2)(c) applied. Can someone give me some explanation?

gavinchan

Mar 31, 2020
So I am an outland application in the FSW stream with an AOR date of 10/24/2020. I ordered my note before and received and saw it in my email that Section 16 (2)(c) applied (is this also called Security Screen?). I Googled it about what that means, but what confuses me is that I have no sensitive history that I think would trigger this. Can someone who has the same experience shed some light on this matter?

1. Normally how long will it last?
2. Will this lead to the rejection of my application?
3. Is there anything I can do to prove that I am "innocent" ?

Here is My status:
Eligibility passed
Medical passed
Info sharing in progress
Security and Background check not started

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is doing OK in this difficult time.

Last edited:

Bella Wu

Aug 20, 2021
So I am an outland application in the FSW stream with an AOR date of 10/24/2020. I ordered my note before and received and saw it in my email that Section 16 (2)(c) applied (is this also called Security Screen?). I Googled it about what that means, but what confuses me is that I have no sensitive history that I think would trigger this. Can someone who has the same experience shed some light on this matter?

1. Normally how long will it last?
2. Will this lead to the rejection of my application?
3. Is there anything I can do to prove that I am "innocent" ?

Here is My status:
Eligibility passed
Medical passed
Info sharing in progress
Security and Background check not started

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is doing OK in this difficult time.
hello,what is your status now? 587 215 3136 this is my whats up,please add

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have 16 2 c in my notes too and from what I understand, the way some information was extracted to be included in the GCMS notes has been retracted as it might contain some sensitive information that can be used by anyone to harm the government buildings in Canada or something like that. Doesn't affect the PR application itself, maybe @legalfalcon can elaborate more.

Bella Wu

Aug 20, 2021
I have 16 2 c in my notes too and from what I understand, the way some information was extracted to be included in the GCMS notes has been retracted as it might contain some sensitive information that can be used by anyone to harm the government buildings in Canada or something like that. Doesn't affect the PR application itself, maybe @legalfalcon can elaborate more.
hello, what is ur status?

Bella Wu

Aug 20, 2021
Hello did you got the approved?