+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Second time EE, new medical exam?

leah_jjjjj

Aug 29, 2017
Hello,

I got refused for my first EE and is applying for the second time. My medical exam was done in December 2016, do I need to do a new medical exam?

Thank you

leah_jjjjj

Aug 29, 2017

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Quote " There is a new rule by CIC which states that medicals still need to be valid for another 6 months at the time of the application (explained in more detail here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/avoid-medicals-before-ita-if-you-can-new-cic-rule-t337135.0.html).

If medicals are still valid for six months at the time of application, there shouldn't be a reason why you can't reuse them. "
That is an old post from 2015. There is no such requirement. The current page reads the following:

"Don’t complete your medical exam until you get your invitation to apply. The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
That is an old post from 2015. There is no such requirement. The current page reads the following:

"Don’t complete your medical exam until you get your invitation to apply. The results of your exam must be valid at the time you submit your application for permanent residence. For this reason, it is a good idea to complete the exam as close as possible to the date you submit your online application."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp
Yes, while the current page says the same point thats mentioned in the old link, which is the fact the medicals are only valid for 12 months and to do it as close as possible to the time of submitting an application, the OP is in a situation where he/she is applying for the 2nd time. So, while their medical might still be valid, do you think CIC will still accept the same exam if it has less than 6 months validity left on it? Considering their advertised proccessing times for a PR application is 6 months.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Yes, while the current page says the same point thats mentioned in the old link, which is the fact the medicals are only valid for 12 months and to do it as close as possible to the time of submitting an application, the OP is in a situation where he/she is applying for the 2nd time. So, while their medical might still be valid, do you think CIC will still accept the same exam if it has less than 6 months validity left on it? Considering their advertised proccessing times for a PR application is 6 months.
As far as I know, the OP cannot get a new medical exam done before the expiry of current medicals. I have heard of numerous cases where the Panel Physician denied a re-medical exam quoting that the e-medical system does not let them upload new results unless the older ones expire. So if we go by this, then the OP can use the current medical results. I am not sure what will happen in case the medicals expire during the processing. May be CIC will give extension, or the OP might have to do it again, after the expiry.

Reactions: dr feras