+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS Wire Transfer from Pakistan

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
I got gic in 4 days from HCB and tranferred a little more than 10200 CAD as safety for interbank transfers and i got them sent through my local currency account.... i highly recommend to go for HCB... there are a lot of Pakistanis there who can be very helpful in expediting the process and help in wire transfers as well
Thanks..you transfered money from which Pakistani bank

Shan8study

Nov 21, 2019
Go to HabibMetro branch such as Shahrah e Faisal, Saddar or Site and go to Remittance Department. They can transfer PKR to Canadian bank. They have to buy the Canadian dollars from State Bank of Pakistan. There is a 5% tax that goes to State Bank plus wire transfer fee which is under PKR 5,000. You have to bring documents such as Acceptance letter, bank information, fees breakdown etc.

usama23

Dec 4, 2013
HCB is your best bet for now as you get the GIC in barely 4 days depends your bank fill the paper work correctly. The only caveat is once you get your visa you have to land in Toronto to check in for the GIC and then you have to fly for your destination

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
This is how i did hope this helps anyone trying to get the GIC
Its a big hassle 1st i became a filer with 0 tax returns then i opened a foreign account in Meezan bank and funded the account with USD 10500 after that i filled the remittance form make sure you fill it exactly how they have written in your instructions
Beneficiary info must have your own name and your own pakistani address exactly the same as you used in the GIC application form
If your bank asks for sort code its 35972 for sending money to scotia bank its usually the same for every but read your instructions it should be with the bank address something like Nova Scotia Transit 35972 and make sure you send more than 10200 dollars sending exactly 10200 CAD will resul in your payment being rejected
Hope this helps

Adnanjanwari

Star Member
Dec 30, 2019
This is how i did hope this helps anyone trying to get the GIC
Its a big hassle 1st i became a filer with 0 tax returns then i opened a foreign account in Meezan bank and funded the account with USD 10500 after that i filled the remittance form make sure you fill it exactly how they have written in your instructions
Beneficiary info must have your own name and your own pakistani address exactly the same as you used in the GIC application form
If your bank asks for sort code its 35972 for sending money to scotia bank its usually the same for every but read your instructions it should be with the bank address something like Nova Scotia Transit 35972 and make sure you send more than 10200 dollars sending exactly 10200 CAD will resul in your payment being rejected
Hope this helps

Hi did you pay the 5% tax on the amount ? My bank (bank al habib) is asking for 5% tax and 30 usd for services charges.

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
Go to HabibMetro branch such as Shahrah e Faisal, Saddar or Site and go to Remittance Department. They can transfer PKR to Canadian bank. They have to buy the Canadian dollars from State Bank of Pakistan. There is a 5% tax that goes to State Bank plus wire transfer fee which is under PKR 5,000. You have to bring documents such as Acceptance letter, bank information, fees breakdown etc.
You mean there is no need to open a foriegn currency account
My question is
The account should be of student or we can transfer from parent account?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hi did you pay the 5% tax on the amount ? My bank (bank al habib) is asking for 5% tax and 30 usd for services charges.
Yes i had to pay 5% tax

aak10

Feb 9, 2020
HCB is your best bet for now as you get the GIC in barely 4 days depends your bank fill the paper work correctly. The only caveat is once you get your visa you have to land in Toronto to check in for the GIC and then you have to fly for your destination
I applied to a university in newfoundland

Even if I land initially in toronto to check
in, how will i receive the monthly installments..
will i have to open another account??
is that even allowed in this GIC program?

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I applied to a university in newfoundland

Even if I land initially in toronto to check
in, how will i receive the monthly installments..
will i have to open another account??
is that even allowed in this GIC program?
you will get a debit visa card with around 2000 CAD dollars balance you can also get a visa card too if you want but thats not required you will receive monthly payments of around 667 Dollars for a year after that its all electronic you dont use cash here

aak10

Feb 9, 2020
you will get a debit visa card with around 2000 CAD dollars balance you can also get a visa card too if you want but thats not required you will receive monthly payments of around 667 Dollars for a year after that its all electronic you dont use cash here
oh ok understood
thank you

aak10

Feb 9, 2020
any recommendation as to which bank i should open my account in pak??
and also what type of account.. some people said about dollar account?