alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Does anyone know the process to do a wire transfer from pakistan to Scotia bank for the the GIC. Do I need the foreign currency account for that? My bank doesn't have any idea about it. Any help will be highly appreciated?

You have to fill a form online here https://dmts.scotiabank.com/apps/intl/mcbg/en/mcbg.html?FLOW=PE&country=IN

once you provide all the details Scotia bank will send you email regarding next steps. You do not need any special account to wire money regular account will work just fine. Make sure you enter your name exactly the same as per passport and bank account title name and address must be match the one you enter in online form with bank wire transfer detail form.

Reactions: Sara_pk

usama23

Dec 4, 2013
I already got the email and instructions when i presented that to the branch manager he is just puzzled how to do the wire transfer and urging to open up a foreign currency account. He needs a clause under which he can submit the request for the wire transfer

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
By the way, this is out of context.. I've seen in this forum people mentioning that CIBC is better and faster than ScotiaBank, not sure,,,, but based on what others have said....

alyisb

Aug 9, 2019
Does anyone know the process to do a wire transfer from pakistan to Scotia bank for the the GIC. Do I need the foreign currency account for that? My bank doesn't have any idea about it. Any help will be highly appreciated?
WTH.File a general complaint through Pakistan citizen protol and tell them the same beacuse pakistan and canada goverment started this to help students of pakistan you must mention the bank name.

alyisb

Aug 9, 2019
You have to fill a form online here https://dmts.scotiabank.com/apps/intl/mcbg/en/mcbg.html?FLOW=PE&country=IN

once you provide all the details Scotia bank will send you email regarding next steps. You do not need any special account to wire money regular account will work just fine. Make sure you enter your name exactly the same as per passport and bank account title name and address must be match the one you enter in online form with bank wire transfer detail form.
Usama did you get your GIC with the same process you mention above some people here sharing different and long stories are you sure.

alyisb

Aug 9, 2019
I already got the email and instructions when i presented that to the branch manager he is just puzzled how to do the wire transfer and urging to open up a foreign currency account. He needs a clause under which he can submit the request for the wire transfer
file a complaint on citizen protol pakistan

Shamausman

Aug 3, 2019
I got my gic from habib Canadian bank, Scotia bank is not a good option, they rejected my wire for a minor issue earlier and their process is too slow.

Owaismk937

Mar 6, 2019
I got my gic from habib Canadian bank, Scotia bank is not a good option, they rejected my wire for a minor issue earlier and their process is too slow.
How did you transfer the deposit ? I mean did u open a dollar account first as u have to be tax filer to be able to open it , Please guide the full procedure that how u did it . Thanks

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad

How much time does all this procedure take?

Sara_pk

Feb 2, 2019
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Did you wire transfer or did you open a foreign currency account? Also tell me that you got GIC in how many days?

Shamausman

Aug 3, 2019
Did you wire transfer or did you open a foreign currency account? Also tell me that you got GIC in how many days?
I got gic in 4 days from HCB and tranferred a little more than 10200 CAD as safety for interbank transfers and i got them sent through my local currency account.... i highly recommend to go for HCB... there are a lot of Pakistanis there who can be very helpful in expediting the process and help in wire transfers as well