Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
As for the OP @d@n!3 .. calm down.. there are at least 50-70 applications that are approved/closed on this forum + FB group in past two-three weeks alone. If you don't have the information, that doesn't mean nothing is happening. My relatives application (applied in July) was approved last Friday and today, passport is stamped/LOI updated on the portal. Your turn will come.

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Good luck complaining.

Your application will be processed when it's time in queue comes up and that could be literally any day. Like yourself, there are thousands other applications that are pending for approval (and are getting processed/approved across the world). Due to AIP/pending approval/approvals on hold in past few months created a huge backlog which is now getting cleared every day. As an applicant, try to keep your application as relevant as possible for IRCC. For example, if you deferred, upload your fresh LOA even if it's not required to inform. I won't say anything for expired medical applicants because it's up to IRCC to request new medicals or not. Similarly do not appear for IELTS if it expired during processing. If required, IRCC will request new one. Sending webform over and over again will not fast track your application. Ton of applications require two person review (Case processing agent AND senior Visa Officer) to approve an application. If your case is not straightforward then expect a delay (Unfortunately, most sub-continent applications are not straightforward). There are more case processing agents than Visa Officers, that's where delays happen because a visa officer can only look at x amount of files every day.

I understand it doesn't justify or excuse for delays, but if you are following this forum for last 6 months, you'll understand how things have progressed and for the first time in these 6-8 long months, applications are finally getting approved/closed, hence decreasing load everyday. We don't see the impact in the forum because this forum just represents 5-10% of total applications getting processed. I'd say 50-60% applicants drops off from forum once they get accepted because there's nothing more for them here. That's why only refused applicants or in progress applicants wander around this forum which falsely creates the perception that nothing is happening.

Meanwhile, stay calm and hopeful.
Beautiful post, Kind of antidepressant every time I read it.
thank you

Reactions: jigzyy

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
As for the OP @d@n!3 .. calm down.. there are at least 50-70 applications that are approved/closed on this forum + FB group in past two-three weeks alone. If you don't have the information, that doesn't mean nothing is happening. My relatives application (applied in July) was approved last Friday and today, passport is stamped/LOI updated on the portal. Your turn will come.
I sincerely appreciate your post man. It puts everything into perspective, and makes me less anxious too but still just doesnt justifies while is SDS a second priority. i haved joined several groups on fb and on whatsapp and have seen v less or almost no activity for SDS (1-2%) . there are like 200 + people with zero updates (so i am not just observing trends of people here only)

My point is still the same IRCC is an organization that doesnot operate in a 3rd world country and if they have mentioned 20 calender days on website for processing SDS they should definately give it a priority.

We can hope and pray and give them time but at the same time we should also dig out whats going wrong and why.

Reactions: rijol verma and gg9

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
Totally understand what you are trying to say. But it's kind of obvious that the timeline given by them (20 days) is of course not correct. They have mentioned this at other places that timelines are not correct due to pandemic and do not rely on this data. 20 days on the site does not imply that it is an advertisement for the students to submit application. Anyway. As for the other issue, SDS applications aren't treated as second priority. Most of the SDS applications from 7 countries are processed in Canada (between Edmonton and Ottawa). Unfortunately, two of the heaviest applicant countries are in the list as well (Chine & India) which due to pandemic created a huge backlog in these two offices. In my opinion, It is safe to say that at least 150,000+ applications between these 7 countries. While the non-SDS are processed in local or designated embassies/missions which are not dealing with these backlogs, except may be in India where the visa offices and VAC were closed for over 6 months. Canada is also facing huge influx of covid cases and Alberta (Edmonton) is in crisis and so does Ottawa. Staff is massively reduced and on top of that, there are other priority applications for family reunion of PR/Citizens due to holidays(assuming).

I know people applied for SDS thinking that its the fastest process but so does those other 150,000 (at least) applicants as well and with closures / reduced staff created a mess. It is getting cleared every day but obviously it'll take time. Now that VACs opened in India for Biometric validation/passport transmission, it'll help reduce application load as well which are just waiting for Bio clearance.

Meanwhile, just try to divert your attention to other things and try not to give in to negativity.

I sincerely appreciate your post man. It puts everything into perspective, and makes me less anxious too but still just doesnt justifies while is SDS a second priority. i haved joined several groups on fb and on whatsapp and have seen v less or almost no activity for SDS (1-2%) . there are like 200 + people with zero updates (so i am not just observing trends of people here only)

My point is still the same IRCC is an organization that doesnot operate in a 3rd world country and if they have mentioned 20 calender days on website for processing SDS they should definately give it a priority.

We can hope and pray and give them time but at the same time we should also dig out whats going wrong and why.

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
Totally understand what you are trying to say. But it's kind of obvious that the timeline given by them (20 days) is of course not correct. They have mentioned this at other places that timelines are not correct due to pandemic and do not rely on this data. 20 days on the site does not imply that it is an advertisement for the students to submit application. Anyway. As for the other issue, SDS applications aren't treated as second priority. Most of the SDS applications from 7 countries are processed in Canada (between Edmonton and Ottawa). Unfortunately, two of the heaviest applicant countries are in the list as well (Chine & India) which due to pandemic created a huge backlog in these two offices. In my opinion, It is safe to say that at least 150,000+ applications between these 7 countries. While the non-SDS are processed in local or designated embassies/missions which are not dealing with these backlogs, except may be in India where the visa offices and VAC were closed for over 6 months. Canada is also facing huge influx of covid cases and Alberta (Edmonton) is in crisis and so does Ottawa. Staff is massively reduced and on top of that, there are other priority applications for family reunion of PR/Citizens due to holidays(assuming).

I know people applied for SDS thinking that its the fastest process but so does those other 150,000 (at least) applicants as well and with closures / reduced staff created a mess. It is getting cleared every day but obviously it'll take time. Now that VACs opened in India for Biometric validation/passport transmission, it'll help reduce application load as well which are just waiting for Bio clearance.

Meanwhile, just try to divert your attention to other things and try not to give in to negativity.
but i think giving a feedback would atleast for the time being give a relief that you have expressed your opinion to them (even if they read it or not you have played your part). there should be a seperate department for performance monitoring and if not us our feedback may help prospective students.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

here is the link guys give your feedback to IRCC without revealing your details.

you can compliment, complain and/or comment

Reactions: yasemin09

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
h

you have an answer to my question

We can just complain as to why SDS applications are not allocated to a different office.

here is the link guys give your feedback to IRCC without revealing your details.

usman_1986

Oct 10, 2019
@jigzyy u r one of the reasons why i keep checking this forum. Very informative and close to reality posts on this thread by u. God bless u man and also pls pray for applicants like us. I know u have an idea what we r going through right now because u also faced these hardships.

yasemin09

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
but i think giving a feedback would atleast for the time being give a relief that you have expressed your opinion to them (even if they read it or not you have played your part). there should be a seperate department for performance monitoring and if not us our feedback may help prospective students.

Thanks for sharing this link. I followed the link and complained on the Sds processing time.. i only put my application date but didn’t put any of my contact information.

Reactions: d@n!3

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
g
Good luck complaining.

Your application will be processed when it's time in queue comes up and that could be literally any day. Like yourself, there are thousands other applications that are pending for approval (and are getting processed/approved across the world). Due to AIP/pending approval/approvals on hold in past few months created a huge backlog which is now getting cleared every day. As an applicant, try to keep your application as relevant as possible for IRCC. For example, if you deferred, upload your fresh LOA even if it's not required to inform. I won't say anything for expired medical applicants because it's up to IRCC to request new medicals or not. Similarly do not appear for IELTS if it expired during processing. If required, IRCC will request new one. Sending webform over and over again will not fast track your application. Ton of applications require two person review (Case processing agent AND senior Visa Officer) to approve an application. If your case is not straightforward then expect a delay (Unfortunately, most sub-continent applications are not straightforward). There are more case processing agents than Visa Officers, that's where delays happen because a visa officer can only look at x amount of files every day.

I understand it doesn't justify or excuse for delays, but if you are following this forum for last 6 months, you'll understand how things have progressed and for the first time in these 6-8 long months, applications are finally getting approved/closed, hence decreasing load everyday. We don't see the impact in the forum because this forum just represents 5-10% of total applications getting processed. I'd say 50-60% applicants drops off from forum once they get accepted because there's nothing more for them here. That's why only refused applicants or in progress applicants wander around this forum which falsely creates the perception that nothing is happening.

Meanwhile, stay calm and hopeful.
great