+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - whats wrong with it - Any updates - Any country - Any application dates

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Yes, but read the thread title "SDS - whats wrong with it - Any updates - Any country - Any application dates"
Thank you for highlighting.
anyhow, I was just trying to make a comparison for our discussion.
Apologies if it really hurt you.

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Thank you for highlighting.
anyhow, I was just trying to make a comparison for our discussion.
Apologies if it really hurt you.
Nope, I wasn't hurt. I was just stating the fact. I think the purpose of this thread was to get a pulse about other SDS applicants. We already know for a fact that non-SDS applicants are being processed faster, based on the number of post in this forum about non-SDS applicants decisions. Anyhow, no offense meant.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: d@n!3 and gg9

Hansika

Dec 2, 2019
Applied with complete file SDS on Sep 25, 20 for Jan 21
No single update as of now.
Frustrating

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Nope, I wasn't hurt. I was just stating the fact. I think the purpose of this thread was to get a pulse about other SDS applicants. We already know for a fact that non-SDS applicants are being processed faster, based on the number of post in this forum about non-SDS applicants decisions. Anyhow, no offense meant.
Here pulled this data just for your eye then:
Dig it.

AIP Received (not mine)

Details:

Application date: 18 Oct, 2020
Sds or non sds: SDS
University: Windsor University
Program: MAC (Masters)
AIP date: 21 Oct, 2020
AIP received in GC key or email : GCkey
Intake: Jan 2021

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Here pulled this data just for your eye then:
Dig it.

AIP Received (not mine)

Details:

Application date: 18 Oct, 2020
Sds or non sds: SDS
University: Windsor University
Program: MAC (Masters)
AIP date: 21 Oct, 2020
AIP received in GC key or email : GCkey
Intake: Jan 2021
I don't understand why you are so passive-aggressive. I only stated the fact that this thread was to get a pulse about SDS applicants. Anyway, if that's how you roll, can't do anything about that.

Mohammad 88

Star Member
Sep 17, 2020
study permit Applied February 3th Biometrics February 3th
biometrics validation letter march 26th
Alp sptmpar 2th
College in the last DLI 17
I give my passport when I applied and
all my paper
I Deferred to January and upload gckey in October 10..

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am an international student from INDIA and I have enrolled myself at McMaster University and also the University is in the list of DLIs for approved readiness plan issued by the government.

But the major issues that we students enrolled in are facing that the University has set a deadline for us to submit a copy of the study permit approval or stage 1 approval by no later than 14th DEC 2020.

Personally speaking, I had submitted my application on 28th SEPT, and on 1st of DEC I have submitted my biometrics as well and now I am waiting for the email from the Delhi immigration services to proceed further.

But considering this current situation and the time taken to submit the passport in two-way courier service it will take at least 15-20 days for my visa to be stamped, for me, this is not an issue as the online classes will be starting in around the first week of JAN and I am positive that I'll get my approval till then, but as my University has set a deadline of 14th DEC to provide them with the study permit approval document, which we all students requested for an extension(till mid-JAN) but they haven't responded to our email yet.

So kindly guide us further in terms of how should we proceed as if we won't provide a document showing a valid study permit then we must defer our program to SEPT 21 which for each and every student will be a waste of 8 months and considering the reputation of this University and as we already have our funds intact with the University we don't want to rescind our offer.

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
i think they wont give us news until late Jan 21 so we continue with online classes (risk our money spent on tuition) and plan to travel till March 21 (after being done with all the stamping etc) and most of us would defer to sept 21

this way

SDS applicants GIC money remains intact too for another 3 months (Jan-Mar)(maybe giving Canada an economic boost in this Covid era) and where such students defer to sept 21 thats 9 months of GIC money (Jan -Sep) held in Canadian banks.

maybe thts why SDS is on hold (sadly at the stake of students precious time and money)

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Just my 2cents, adding up all the GIC is just a drop in the bucket, compared to Canada's GDP. I don't think the government would intentionally do that. In fact, student's being in Canada would help them more economically. Think about the money we would be spending (i.e., the monthly GIC) in the economy, compared to it just being deposited in the bank.