+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - whats wrong with it - Any updates - Any country - Any application dates

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
I believe, the problem really is their reduced capacity, and the backlogs in the previous months. This I believe is out of their control. However, the least that they could have done is to provide a more transparent system, in which we could access timely information about the progress of our applications. This would definitely lessen the anxiety that we are all facing now.

If only they could provide us data about the number of applicants currently being processed (SDS and Non-SDS), the numbers being approved and rejected daily, the month they are currently processing (i.e., April applicants, October applicants), and etc. I believe they have most of this data at their disposal, by just publicly posting this, it would really lessen our anxiety. :(

Reactions: zeen2019

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
I believe, the problem really is their reduced capacity, and the backlogs in the previous months. This I believe is out of their control. However, the least that they could have done is to provide a more transparent system, in which we could access timely information about the progress of our applications. This would definitely lessen the anxiety that we are all facing now.
agree. and yeah stop promoting on social media tht SDS will be processed faster if they going to give it a 2nd priority instead of a first priority

Reactions: zeen2019

Hellbringer

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Just giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don't really see the benefit to them, if they intentionally left it like that. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions.

Reactions: d@n!3

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
Just giving them the benefit of the doubt. I don't really see the benefit to them, if they intentionally left it like that. Anyway, you are entitled to your opinions.
intentionally or unintentionally - they cant do that - IRCC is an organization in a developed country not a 3rd world country
but yeah we can still give them a benefit of doubt due to covid.
but giving SDS a second priority due to less staff in covid still doesnt justifies it.

we can just hope and pray now.

Reactions: Hellbringer

Khurrammalik

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
Just my 2cents, adding up all the GIC is just a drop in the bucket, compared to Canada's GDP. I don't think the government would intentionally do that. In fact, student's being in Canada would help them more economically. Think about the money we would be spending (i.e., the monthly GIC) in the economy, compared to it just being deposited in the bank.
Exactly, all this conspiracy about the gic funds being used is a farce, yes its plausible n yes it maybe happening, but no way is it the sole reason for the delays.

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
Applied on June 11th (SDS)
BIL received - June 13
Medical passed - July 23

AIP - August 14
Biometrics done - Dec 2 ( GC key updated same day)

Waiting for further updates. My process is still under review apparently.

d@n!3

Oct 26, 2020
Applied on June 11th (SDS)
BIL received - June 13
Medical passed - July 23

AIP - August 14
Biometrics done - Dec 2 ( GC key updated same day)

Waiting for further updates. My process is still under review apparently.
oh thats great. your eligibility review has started atleast and you got your medicals passed too. i heard its worthwile to order GCMS notes only after start of Eligibility Review not before that.

Bhavya dudeja

Star Member
Jul 5, 2020
oh thats great. your eligibility review has started atleast and you got your medicals passed too. i heard its worthwile to order GCMS notes only after start of Eligibility Review not before that.
Thanks for sharing your timelines, but we're you notified when your eligibility started and medical passed??