+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Sept and Oct applicants - Update

rajat2211

Sep 4, 2018
My college said that I can start my classes while waiting for my visa and if my visa get rejected before 31 April then they will refund my fees. I am also in same dilemma.
If you wish to start online, check and confirm with your college that there will be absolutely zero deductions. Because in my case the university is happy to refund "tuition fees" but there are some other components in the fee like Mandatory fees and Insurance etc. will not be refunded once you start online - so double check for the amount you will get in refund before you start online.

Also with the snail paced visa processing, I would say its better to defer if you can wait. I am waiting till 15th January (university cut-off date) and if no updates I will defer for next intake.

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
If you wish to start online, check and confirm with your college that there will be absolutely zero deductions. Because in my case the university is happy to refund "tuition fees" but there are some other components in the fee like Mandatory fees and Insurance etc. will not be refunded once you start online - so double check for the amount you will get in refund before you start online.

Also with the snail paced visa processing, I would say its better to defer if you can wait. I am waiting till 15th January (university cut-off date) and if no updates I will defer for next intake.
Ok thank you my College said they will deduct $200 in case of rejection.

gg9

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Congrats, Your timeline ?
Complete SDS application from Pakistan. Applied 2nd week of September for Fall 2020 intake.
biometric complete
Medical passed.
Approved DLI list- York University
Program - 2 year Master program

j8naid

Jun 25, 2020
Complete SDS application from Pakistan. Applied 2nd week of September for Fall 2020 intake.
biometric complete
Medical passed.
Approved DLI list- York University
Program - 2 year Master program
We have similar timelines, Hopefully I'll have some updates. Congrats anyways!