+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Sept and Oct applicants - Update

thomascs93

Jun 17, 2021
Hi my college intake is during fall 2021, I got my college offer letter. but I am still yet to apply for visa(SDS), got delayed due to medical and biometrics due to covid in India. if am applying for SDS on July 20th (including medical and biometrics). Will I be able to secure Study work permit before September 1st. is it safe or risky.

Note: My college admins said that they will not be able permit me to study if I am not able to obtain study permit.

What should I do?

sameermsuk

Feb 7, 2020
Hi my college intake is during fall 2021, I got my college offer letter. but I am still yet to apply for visa(SDS), got delayed due to medical and biometrics due to covid in India. if am applying for SDS on July 20th (including medical and biometrics). Will I be able to secure Study work permit before September 1st. is it safe or risky.

Note: My college admins said that they will not be able permit me to study if I am not able to obtain study permit.

What should I do?
The timeframe for visa is currently uncertain. You can apply it, although you may or may not get it in time but you can always defer if decision is delayed

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021

What should I do?
I can just guess that if you apply with a complete profile, they might process your application that fast because look at my profile, it took them 4 days to update medical, give BVL and start reviewing eligibility means once the PPR issue is resolved (due to 2-way courier being stopped here), they will also give decision similar to what was during pre-2nd wave timeline. There has been a vacuum of around 2 months when no complete SDS applications were filed so you might be at an edge there. I would say apply and wait. But always have plan B ready as you know by now, there's never a surety with immigration.