+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Processing Time 2023

Magathe22

Apr 6, 2023
I think so you have applied under the Non SDS Category.

Yes, but don't worry. It definitely takes some time if you have work experience in a place other than your home country. They definitely take that into consideration when determining your future prospects post your degree.

But if you had sufficient income, good grades, no backlogs, you won't have a problem.
Really? Is it because of my work experience in another country? But for the past 9 months, I have been in India, working from home for a Dubai company.

I had sufficient income and good grades, and I even have a confirmation email from the company stating that I can join as a project manager in Dubai after completing my program in Canada - just as proof that I intend to leave the country after completing my studies.

Gweapons

Dec 10, 2019
Yes, that has been the case. But since you have a letter from your employer that makes things way clear for you.

I hope these things have been mentioned in the Letter of Intent to the Visa Officer.

Magathe22

Apr 6, 2023
Really? Is it because of my work experience in another country? But for the past 9 months, I have been in India, working from home for a Dubai company.

I had sufficient income and good grades, and I even have a confirmation email from the company stating that I can join as a project manager in Dubai after completing my program in Canada - just as proof that I intend to leave the country after completing my studies.
Yes, I mentioned that in my letter of intent and also attached that email as supporting document.

stormblessed26

Apr 8, 2023
Thank you so much @BalaKCB! :) I agree with every word you said. It is nothing like it! And couples should apply together, I would advice the same, for sure! My husband and I are the proof of that! We have received our OPRs today in the morning after almost 16 weeks of waiting! Our timeline:

SDS for SP + OWP from China
Application Submitted - 16 February
Medical "Completed" (for me) - 20 May
Biometrics "Completed" - 19 April
Everything Else "In Progress" for both of us - 19 April
OPRs for both of us - 6 June
Everything "Completed" for both of us - 6 June

It is a sweet feeling and I wish everyone to experience it! Good luck everyone! :)
Wow, great news. Congratulations!! I have been following you specifically to find out the outcome of your application and this update really makes me happy.

I believe that your well crafted SOP did all the heavy lifting in helping you get the OPR. Wondering if you can share it as a reference for further applicants. Of course, after you remove all the personal details.

• Love
Reactions: parrots

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
When should I expect my OPR/PPR?

here is my timeline:
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - May 17, 2023
Submission Confirmation - May 17, 2023
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 24, 2023
Biometrics Completed - May 24, 2023
Review of medical results - June 7, 2023

Some late May applicants have already started getting approvals - the process seems very random :confused:. FYI: I am Indian applicant going to grad school
Maybe they’re moving the new cases along quicker? You’re right, the process is quite inconsistent. My daughter’s took 4 months but that was before. I only see one case from this year in March and they’re still at AOR: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/study-permit-tracker.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Absolutely @DiDi_2617! Stay positive and patient! Those are two things that will get you through this process, that's for sure! Good luck to you! :)

You said it right. I think I panicked because I never had to wait like this. Well, I have waited for nearly 11 weeks, so the thing I should do right now is stay patient a little bit. I hope a miracle will happen to me. Thanks for your advice.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh, wow @LiLi91! :D Such a fantastic message! Thank you so much for your sending me your support and joy! It makes all the conversations so much worth it! :)

How about you? What's your timeline and country of residence?

OMG! I’ve seen your posts since last year. You both were such a light for everyone waiting. I’m truly happy you received your PPR and the wait is over. I wish you the best on this new journey. I’m sure you’ll thrive in Canada!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @stormblessed26! Thank you so much for your warm message and trust! It really means a lot to me! :)

Yes, the LOEs on our second application were definitely much stronger than on our first one. However, we did submit some additional documents as well to support and strengthen our explanation. Please, see more details on this on the thread "SDS 2022 Processing Time" in my answer to @MTA4142.

My LOE is 7 pages long and my husband's LOE is 4 pages. To tell you the truth, if I were to remove all personal information from our letters, I would have to remove all 7 and 4 pages of it as every sentence is related to our particular work / study / life situation. It won't be that helpful as you might imagine as you still would have to think about your own situation. However, what I could gladly do is to help you brainstorm your LOE, structure it and answer any specific questions you may have. Please, don't hesitate to ask me questions on this forum or send me a PM :)

Wow, great news. Congratulations!! I have been following you specifically to find out the outcome of your application and this update really makes me happy.

I believe that your well crafted SOP did all the heavy lifting in helping you get the OPR. Wondering if you can share it as a reference for further applicants. Of course, after you remove all the personal details.

stormblessed26

Apr 8, 2023
Hey @stormblessed26! Thank you so much for your warm message and trust! It really means a lot to me! :)

Yes, the LOEs on our second application were definitely much stronger than on our first one. However, we did submit some additional documents as well to support and strengthen our explanation. Please, see more details on this on the thread "SDS 2022 Processing Time" in my answer to @MTA4142.

My LOE is 7 pages long and my husband's LOE is 4 pages. To tell you the truth, if I were to remove all personal information from our letters, I would have to remove all 7 and 4 pages of it as every sentence is related to our particular work / study / life situation. It won't be that helpful as you might imagine as you still would have to think about your own situation. However, what I could gladly do is to help you brainstorm your LOE, structure it and answer any specific questions you may have. Please, don't hesitate to ask me questions on this forum or send me a PM :)
Thank you for the response! I will definitely get in touch as I start writing my LOE. Enjoy the well-deserved win! :)

Reactions: parrots

Anonymous8894

Jun 20, 2023
Hello,

Can anyone suggest me what should be the next step as per my timeline,

Applied for Study Visa under SDS category from India - May 10, 2023
Biometric and Updated on the portal - May 16, 2023
Medical Passed - May 24, 2023

Since then, there has been no update on my profile,

Regarding my profile - I have a study gap of almost 4 years, been working since then, any suggestions on why is there a delay ?

Eligibility and Background verification is showing on the application tracker and GC key that it is "In Progress"

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you