+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Processing Time 2023

rohangopalan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2020
Applied for Study permit for self, OWP for spouse and visitor visa for child.

Child has received PPR, when can we expect an email from IRCC?

rohangopalan

Star Member
Dec 26, 2020
Hi everyone

My spouse for whom I applied for OWP, got a BVL yesterday. However, the final decision is not there. In the status box it says,

Latest update:
Final decision - July 10, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What does this mean?

Anonymous2345

Jul 17, 2023
Hello,

Can anyone suggest me what should be the next step as per my timeline,

Applied for Study Visa under SDS category from India - May 10, 2023
Biometric and Updated on the portal - May 16, 2023
Medical Passed - May 24, 2023

Since then, there has been no update on my profile,

Regarding my profile - I have a study gap of almost 4 years, been working since then, any suggestions on why is there a delay ?

Eligibility and Background verification is showing on the application tracker and GC key that it is "In Progress"

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thank you
Did you get a decision on your application?

Anonymous2345

Jul 17, 2023
I am in the same boat, study gap of 6 years for work experience, intended program Ryerson MBA.
I applied to SDS via the IRCC representative portal on 20th May from Pakistan
Submission Confirmation - May 20
Biometrics Collection Letter - May 20
Biometrics Completed - May 23
Medical Passed - May 30
Background Check - Processing, Decision - Application in progress
Eligibility - Haven't started

Getting really worried about the delay and wondering what to do because the representative is just asking to wait.
Hi, did you get a decision on your application? if yes, then when? I am in the same boat as you. It has been 30 days since I submitted the application.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
What about now @DiDi_2617? Have you gotten your decision by now?

Thanks for encouraging me. I am trying to stay patient, although I could not sleep for days. In fact, there are only 4 days left, and my waiting period will be 14 weeks. And as usual, I have not received any updates. I hope I can receive an email from the IRCC soon.

Sharathkrh98

Aug 1, 2023
It's been almost 7 weeks since I got my BVL and my medical updated. Still the status is showing 'in progress'. Already submitted the IRCC webform but no response.

Applied for Study Visa from India (Delhi)
Category - SDS
Application applied on - 12th June 2023
Got BVL - 16th June 2023
Medical Updation - 21st June 2023
Documents Review - Completed
Background - In progress
Eligibility - In review

My friend and I submitted the file together with the same profile and course but he got his PPR in just 5 days and here I am still waiting. I don't know why such a long wait.

Anyone who can relate please update me if you have anything.

Last edited:

dcostaanisha

Jul 6, 2023
Hi everyone,
My timelines are:
Applied for SDS visa: 18th July 23
Biometrics completed: 21st July 23
It was a joint application with spouse, and the course begins in a week's time. This course only has annual intakes, which means till next year fall. We can't eai

Any advise or anyone in a similar frustrating situation.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @saleslucas94! :) Yes, we have arrived in Canada. It's crazy how much things needs to be done on this side, no less than prior to arriving, but we have settled in nicely. How about you? How are you doing?

Hi! Are you guys in Canada already? I forgot to answer your last pm, sorry! Hope you guys are well and happy, let me know further :)

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @dcostaanisha! Family applications can easily take up to 20 weeks to process, so I would say you are looking at the need to defer your studies. We've been through the same thing, had to defer my studies for one year. It's OK, the most important thing is for you to get an approval. Believe me, the deferral won't matter once you are in Canada. Good luck! ;)

Hi everyone,
My timelines are:
Applied for SDS visa: 18th July 23
Biometrics completed: 21st July 23
It was a joint application with spouse, and the course begins in a week's time. This course only has annual intakes, which means till next year fall. We can't eai

Any advise or anyone in a similar frustrating situation.

dcostaanisha

Jul 6, 2023
Am just wondering, whether it would alright to withdraw spouse visa, so that atleat for student the approval comes quicker and there would be no need to defer?
Can we do that while the application still shows 'in progress'?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @dcostaanisha! No, you definitely won't be able to expedite your study application in this way and you should NOT do that! The withdraw takes around 16 weeks for the IRCC to even consider and then may be a few more to complete. That will ONLY DELAY your application! This is because your spouse is tied up to your application, they are not separated.

And on a personal note, it is much better to get the approval together and travel to Canada together. Believe me, you do not want to go through the stress of separation, especially at the time of moving to a new country.

Your best shot is to leave everything as it is. As frustrating as it is, this IS the fastest way to get your decision. And if it comes to deferral, so be it, talk to your university, I am sure they will support you.

Am just wondering, whether it would alright to withdraw spouse visa, so that atleat for student the approval comes quicker and there would be no need to defer?
Can we do that while the application still shows 'in progress'?

Reactions: dcostaanisha

dcostaanisha

Jul 6, 2023
Hey @dcostaanisha! No, you definitely won't be able to expedite your study application in this way and you should NOT do that! The withdraw takes around 16 weeks for the IRCC to even consider and then may be a few more to complete. That will ONLY DELAY your application! This is because your spouse is tied up to your application, they are not separated.

And on a personal note, it is much better to get the approval together and travel to Canada together. Believe me, you do not want to go through the stress of separation, especially at the time of moving to a new country.

Your best shot is to leave everything as it is. As frustrating as it is, this IS the fastest way to get your decision. And if it comes to deferral, so be it, talk to your university, I am sure they will support you.
[/QUOTE thanks for the advise, so would wait :)

dcostaanisha

Jul 6, 2023

@parrots I also wanted to ask, the process. I mean, now once we inform the uni and the program for me is deferred to next year, do I need to update something to IRCC? and if so when? Wait for the decision and after that or right away?
am assuming after the in progress decision changes to let's says visa granted' then which documents and how to update to IRCC? Also, I had not added our kids in this joint application so far, as had planned to take them after their academic session completed in Feb 24. Now that this looks like September 24 for me, can I amend the overall application or apply fresh for
THEN, what is next....how soon are we allowed to go to Canada, I was reading not before 90 days of the course start date?

alialialiali

Sep 5, 2023
Hello everyone. I got my normal student visa rejected twice with my Senegalese passport. I applied with SDS on September 2nd with my medical and biometrics already complete. I applied with an experienced agent so the application is very in depth and extensive. My ielts score was an 8 and I added a long letter explaining the reason for the past rejections. When do you think my visa will arrive approximately? Any help would be greatly appreciated.