+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SDS - Processing Time 2023

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @archanajossy! Definitely do not lose hope! Yes, find a way to continue your normal life and even adjust your plans for the case of refusal, but somewhere at the back of your mind - keep your faith.

I can relate to your worries of not being able to take on a different route while your application is still in the air. My husband and I are definitely in the same position. We have been investing our time, money and energy for two years now into our application to Canada while we could have been embarking on different projects. As of now, we cannot start other business projects and learning opportunities as they require long-term commitment. Every day we are thinking about the opportunity cost of our application and cannot do anything about it. We are trying our best to live as much of a normal life as possible, but it takes a huge effort, I have to say, for sure.

Let's stay hopeful! Good luck to us and everyone who is still waiting! :)

She is in India right now. If she travels to Canada, she will be able to continue working in India. However, managing the time will be difficult. As a result, it is evident that it will not work. Furthermore, due of cross-border tax considerations, most organisations will not favour someone working from a foreign country. She is now doing nothing to address the professional gap; however, if the application is rejected, the career gap will become an issue. If she accepts a job and is able to overcome the visa issue, the employment will be temporary, and there will be penalties if she leaves the work during the trial period. All of these are scenarios that we encounter on a regular basis and believe that everything will be OK. We genuinely wanted to battle this till the bitter end, but as time passes, it's causing anxiety issues.

In the end, we hope tomorrow will bring good news. As a result of our excessive anxiousness and impatient waiting, we are feeling frustrated and fatigued. So we're just taking a step back and trying to leave it alone, and we'll make our peace when a decision is made.

But I know how upbeat you are. I truly hope that we all receive a favourable decision as soon as possible and that our big goal becomes a reality.

Reactions: archanajossy

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @chidibav! Thank you for your message! :) Yes, that's correct. We've been waiting for our joint application for exactly 12 weeks as of today. We have the same source of income, which is our family company (although we submitted our individual bank statements of our earnings and savings) and my husband will be traveling with me to Canada (although we provided a plan for him to have business trips back to China). Yes, Work Permit application do indeed take around 18 weeks for China.

However, there are several "buts". First, the IRCC states that people who apply for OWP together with their SP spouses, are illegible for a faster processing that is equal to the standard processing of the SP application. In our case, it should be 20 days (SDS). According to the IRCC it does not work the other way around. Second, last year there was much discussion on this forum regarding this issue, many people tried to find a connection between SP + OWP applications and delayed processing time. However, no such connection was found. There are cases of couples who get their decisions within the normal processing time and there are plenty of single applicants who are waiting for more than 6 months. Third, we saw in the GCMS Notes last year that my husband's application was not even opened and processed, meaning it took the IRCC 18 weeks to process only my application without even reading my husband's SOP and documents.

For these reasons, I do not believe that joint applications are considered according to the WP processing times. However, my husband is totally with you on this. He is a strong believer that his work application is dragging us behind.

Ha

Hey @parrots saw you said you applied for a SP + OWP with your husband and you guys have been waiting for a decision since February. Wanted to find out if your application is is anyway linked to that of your husband like did you people use the same source of funds or did you mention you will be traveling with you husband if that is the case am sure that's why your application is taking so long. OWP outside canada takes even longer than a student visa cause you and my friend had similar timeline but she already received her PPR on April 23

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Hey @chidibav! Thank you for your message! :) Yes, that's correct. We've been waiting for our joint application for exactly 12 weeks as of today. We have the same source of income, which is our family company (although we submitted our individual bank statements of our earnings and savings) and my husband will be traveling with me to Canada (although we provided a plan for him to have business trips back to China). Yes, Work Permit application do indeed take around 18 weeks for China.

However, there are several "buts". First, the IRCC states that people who apply for OWP together with their SP spouses, are illegible for a faster processing that is equal to the standard processing of the SP application. In our case, it should be 20 days (SDS). According to the IRCC it does not work the other way around. Second, last year there was much discussion on this forum regarding this issue, many people tried to find a connection between SP + OWP applications and delayed processing time. However, no such connection was found. There are cases of couples who get their decisions within the normal processing time and there are plenty of single applicants who are waiting for more than 6 months. Third, we saw in the GCMS Notes last year that my husband's application was not even opened and processed, meaning it took the IRCC 18 weeks to process only my application without even reading my husband's SOP and documents.

For these reasons, I do not believe that joint applications are considered according to the WP processing times. However, my husband is totally with you on this. He is a strong believer that his work application is dragging us behind.
Ok @parrots I am sure very soon you guys will receive positive updates on your applications, you guys just have to stay patient and optimistic. I was told that security and criminality check takes even longer than eligibility and background check so I'll advise you to use a tracker for your application to see if they are done with eligibility and background check already.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thanks a lot @chidibav! :) Your support really means a lot as it helps us and everyone who is still waiting to get through this period! Thank you! :)

Eligibility and background have been "In Progress" for both of us since March 20. What really worries me is that my husband's Medical is still not updated. Last time it was the same for us - only my medical was updated because they didn't even open his application. So, I consider it to be a bad sign this time as well. But, we'll see! ;)

Ok @parrots I am sure very soon you guys will receive positive updates on your applications, you guys just have to stay patient and optimistic. I was told that security and criminality check takes even longer than eligibility and background check so I'll advise you to use a tracker for your application to see if they are done with eligibility and background check already.

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Thanks a lot @chidibav! :) Your support really means a lot as it helps us and everyone who is still waiting to get through this period! Thank you! :)

Eligibility and background have been "In Progress" for both of us since March 20. What really worries me is that my husband's Medical is still not updated. Last time it was the same for us - only my medical was updated because they didn't even open his application. So, I consider it to be a bad sign this time as well. But, we'll see! ;)
@parrots for your husband's medical exam don't bother yourself to much about it most people whom I assisted with their OWP application process always face the same issue with upfront medicals sometimes waiting for months and raising several web forms before any changes.That's why now I advise people to wait for ircc to request medicals before doing it as it doesn't come with the same problems as upfront medicals.

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Finally we too received the great news! It was incredibly rewarding to finally receive the PPR (Passport Request) after 90 days of anxious days. We received the news today morning. I hope that everyone chasing their dreams will also receive positive news and achieve their goals very soon.

Sharing the timeline
Application submitted - February 10, 2023
Passed the medical exam - February 23, 2023
PPR Request - May 10, 2023

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Finally we too received the great news! It was incredibly rewarding to finally receive the PPR (Passport Request) after 90 days of anxious days. We received the news today morning. I hope that everyone chasing their dreams will also receive positive news and achieve their goals very soon.

Sharing the timeline
Congratulations

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Oh, wow @archanajossy! Really?? Did you get your positive decision for real right after we talked!? :D:D:D I am so excited to hear that and so so happy for you! :D Congratulations to your entire family! I can imagine what a relief it is for you guys! Wish your sister all the best on her long-awaited journey! :D

By the way, I just realized that the moral of your case is: Do not give up, but let it go! Fantastic lesson for all of us!

Sharing the timeline

Last edited:

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @chidibav Thank you a lot! :) I agree with you, I also do not really see much value in these updates as they do not provide any clues as to the real processing time and might be updated on the same day of the decision, which practically defeats their purpose. However, personally, I have seen a few couples who have gotten refusals in exact same Medical-updates-situation as ours and I have not seen couples who got their approvals with medicals being updated for one person only. So, you know, I have mixed feelings about this one, of course :rolleyes:

@parrots for your husband's medical exam don't bother yourself to much about it most people whom I assisted with their OWP application process always face the same issue with upfront medicals sometimes waiting for months and raising several web forms before any changes.That's why now I advise people to wait for ircc to request medicals before doing it as it doesn't come with the same problems as upfront medicals.

archanajossy

Aug 2, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2019
Doc's Request.
27-07-2019
Nomination.....
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
14-08-2019
Med's Done....
21-11-2019
Passport Req..
09-12-2020
VISA ISSUED...
02-12-2020
LANDED..........
25-11-2021
Oh, wow @archanajossy! Really?? Did you get your positive decision for real right after we talked!? :D:D:D I am so excited to hear that and so so happy for you! :D Congratulations to your entire family! I can imagine what a relief it is for you guys! Wish your sister all the best on her long-awaited journey! :D

By the way, I just realized that the moral of your case is: Do not give up, but let it go! Fantastic lesson for all of us!
Yes, I got a call from the agency shortly after I liked your reply yesterday. It took some time for us to understand that the news is true. After such a protracted period of waiting, she finally got some good news, and she is overjoyed by it. I have high hopes that you, too, will get that positive decision very soon.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
That is absolutely amazing @archanajossy! :D What a surprise! It is actually a little Universe's miracle I was talking about! ;) We're sending big smiles and thumbs up to your sister! Now is the time to celebrate!

Thank you so much! We'll continue to wait impatiently patiently and hope for the best of news! Thanks again! ;)

Yes, I got a call from the agency shortly after I liked your reply yesterday. It took some time for us to understand that the news is true. After such a protracted period of waiting, she finally got some good news, and she is overjoyed by it. I have high hopes that you, too, will get that positive decision very soon.

Gweapons

Dec 10, 2019
Hello, I plan on applying for a study permit under the SDS stream. University of Alberta - Masters of Policy Studies. 16 month program.
12th - 84%
B.A Political Science - 9.19/10
9 month work experience after graduation. Unpaid internship

Fees Paid 1 year.
GIC - 11,225

Is an SoP needed as I have an excellent profile?

@ymk_23

Mar 26, 2023
UPDATE:

Medical passed (21 April 2023)
Current status: in processing
Have you received any updates after the medical update? I applied under SDS from India on 3rd April but haven't seen any updates after Medical passed and Background check began on 19th April.

shekhawatmx

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dubai UAE
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22 May 2009
File Transfer...
16 june 2009 from CIO
Med's Request
26 aug 2009
Med's Done....
8 oct 2009 at mumbai INDIA
Passport Req..
17 feb 2010 by email
VISA ISSUED...
22 march 2010 got pp back on 29 march 2010
LANDED..........
20 Aug 2010
timeline for SDS application from India for my niece.
Messages about your application
Search:
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 entries
Show 102550100 entries
Correspondence
SubjectDate sentDate read
Original Passport Request1683313761610May 5, 20231683314175497May 5, 2023
Correspondence Letter1683313680790May 5, 20231683314141583May 5, 2023
Submission Confirmation1681684487120April 16, 20231681748978770April 17, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission1681684465307April 16, 20231681748994243April 17, 2023

Gweapons

Dec 10, 2019
timeline for SDS application from India for my niece.
Messages about your application
Search:
Showing 1 to 4 of 4 entries
Show 102550100 entries
Correspondence
SubjectDate sentDate read
Original Passport Request1683313761610May 5, 20231683314175497May 5, 2023
Correspondence Letter1683313680790May 5, 20231683314141583May 5, 2023
Submission Confirmation1681684487120April 16, 20231681748978770April 17, 2023
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission1681684465307April 16, 20231681748994243April 17, 2023
This was quick. Undergrad or Grad school?